OMA-District X

Meister

PR Founding Father
Jon16.... Race??? I would pay his entry fee.

JO, while you guys may not be trying to revolutionize anything, you are. Certainly changing the face of Ohio motocross for the better. I think Jason hit the nail on the head when he said that the CRA meetings were closed minded. While I have obviously never participated, I've heard pleanty to form my own opinion. You two and your crews KNOW moto. REAL moto. Not just milking the cash cow like many have done. I grew up around cra and if I ever have kids and I'm rich, I hope my kids can grow up racing OMA district X.

No 1 moto. 2 motos is moto.

weaver658

PR Member
How is it changing Ohio mx? I am sure the fees to race are the same if not more. The amount of seat time will be the same. I am sure a racer will have to be a member of oma to compete. The only change sounds like their will be three tracks ran by two guys that are to there credit very well at running tracks,

John250

PR Founding Father
How is it changing Ohio mx? I am sure the fees to race are the same if not more. The amount of seat time will be the same. I am sure a racer will have to be a member of oma to compete. The only change sounds like their will be three tracks ran by two guys that are to there credit very well at running tracks,

Isnt that a change? Everyone bashs tracks for lack of prep.......not being prepared, not giving good awards, too many classes, etc etc? These two guys are going to try and give everyone a positive experience. Perhaps one day passes for a new rider or whatever crap and ideas come up here. Give them credit. If the tracks are always awesome, and have big gates, a lot of us will go, because it will be a ton of fun. Some will still go to the AMA D 11 race, or CRA race to race 5 guys win a trophy and have fun.....the battle was a LONG day, but at the end of the day, the best race I have run in Ohio since Kenworthys closed up. If the races are like that, I will make the extra effort to drive a few more miles to race. I cant drive to Northern Ohio every weekend.....But will make an effort to run many of the races.

MalvernMX

Some of what this gentleman is saying is true, we are not reinventing the wheel here. I do believe we are going to offer racers more for thier money in the form of better quality facility's than they are currently racing at. While we can't do 20 minute moto's I do hope to get everyone an extra lap or two per moto. At least 4 and 4. Mostly weekend long events. Be it saturday practice sunday race or friday practice race saturday and sunday. Practice saturday till 4 then 1 moto that night and then two more on sunday, 3 moto scoring. That is my favorite lots of seat time and it is DIFFERENT. As far as number of tracks we are currently at 5 and doubt very much that we are done there but if we are I could be content with that for a first year. Remember quality not quantity. End of the year awards and and special series events swag. No competition, not even in the same league.

ohioactionphoto

PR Addict
I think the word is people are looking for is cohesion. Synergy. Zeitgeist maybe? I was around back in the day (80s/90s) mostly and there was more integration of people who went to all, but not really that much. MAinly because you had to buy a membership to 4 different sanctioning bodies, so there's a cost reduced four fold. There have always been like 4 districts (AMA 11 & 12, CRA, MRA) plus outlaw tracks here in a state that is much smaller geographically than PA or MI (both of which have very functional AMA districts in my opinion). That sort of fragmentation is not helping people come together to form a real community, it just makes these little click tracks and scenes that people are still stuck in. With this cohesion will also come more sponsorship, corporate backing, and prizes from businesses that are vying for the attention of the riders. All that in turn will more than likely lead to less gouging with prices, concessions, whet ever. Plus like Jason said more track time and that is for sure the real commodity at any race if you ask me. This is the best idea I have seen in while, so let's not get too critical right away please. I think Battle was a great step towards an event that made me feel like I was at a national (although next time I want to see a lot more people getting way hammered in addition to Jeremy). So with all that in mind, I would like to remind everyone (especially since I just read that WAAAAA post) that we dirtbikers have a hell of a lot more in common than we do with most other people. It would do us best to focus on commonality rather than who is right for now. It seems like those involved are being very democratic (right down to the choosing of the name and how much track time theyll be giving). This a chance to make something great for a lot of good people so if your criticisms are less than constructive please keep them to yourselves (I think I speak for everyone there). I'm really looking forward to seeing with all this.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The biggest difference will be our ideas, series awards, and creativity. Combine that with our desire to create awesome tracks and we already have a 10 second lead. Why does this make sense? Me and Jason ride. Period. The OMA feeds into part of the reason why I created BC, I wanted a place where the owner gets it. Knows what riders are experiencing first hand. Jason and I get it.

AppleFrank

PR Addict
The biggest difference will be our ideas, series awards, and creativity. Combine that with our desire to create awesome tracks and we already have a 10 second lead. Why does this make sense? Me and Jason ride. Period. The OMA feeds into part of the reason why I created BC, I wanted a place where the owner gets it. Knows what riders are experiencing first hand. Jason and I get it.

We are long overdo for a change,CRA has become stale and too controlling they refuse to grow.In this world the strong servive with Jeramy and Jasons drive and desire they will be successfull.The big challenge will be to get riders out of their comfort zone and experience more challenging tracks.I am excited and wish you both success.I wish our zoning would let us race here I would love to get involved in this program.

MalvernMX

Frank I can't tell you how many people have asked to have you involved. I explain your situation to them and they are bummed. The weekly following you have made through hard work, that same high quality track prep that Jeremy and I offer, is definitely something to be proud of.

TimSr90

PR Addict
While I can see this is exciting news for many, I'm reluctant to jump up and down in jubilee with so many questions and concerns that this also raises. This is all a surprise to me, so my questions do not arise from any rumors or inside information.

I am concerned about how this evolved, and whether it really adds something by supplementing what CRA offers, or whether its just an anti-CRA split. Is there animosity between OMA and CRA? Are these two factions now at war and competing with each other? It may be the best solution to have each faction work in their own direction, but its does raise concerns and questions over whether this is just bringing civil war into the Ohio MX scene.

I'm assuming this new org is MX racing only? No HS, TT. FT etc?

I've also noticed there has been no mention whether quads have a future in this new org or series. Im assuming the Malvern operated events will welcome quads (and OTC) but all the input for other tracks seems to be from bike guys, and I think many bike-only tracks.

I assume this will require yet another annual membership.

I want to be optimistic, and hope this is a great improvment for Ohio, but it also does raise some concerns.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
While I can see this is exciting news for many, I'm reluctant to jump up and down in jubilee with so many questions and concerns that this also raises. This is all a surprise to me, so my questions do not arise from any rumors or inside information.

I am concerned about how this evolved, and whether it really adds something by supplementing what CRA offers, or whether its just an anti-CRA split. Is there animosity between OMA and CRA? Are these two factions now at war and competing with each other? It may be the best solution to have each faction work in their own direction, but its does raise concerns and questions over whether this is just bringing civil war into the Ohio MX scene.

I'm assuming this new org is MX racing only? No HS, TT. FT etc?

I've also noticed there has been no mention whether quads have a future in this new org or series. Im assuming the Malvern operated events will welcome quads (and OTC) but all the input for other tracks seems to be from bike guys, and I think many bike-only tracks.

I assume this will require yet another annual membership.

I want to be optimistic, and hope this is a great improvment for Ohio, but it also does raise some concerns.

This is split from CRA as far as Malvern is concerned. The other tracks are non-sanctioned currently. At this time, we have no plans for HS, TT, or FT. We are focusing on what we know, which is MX. We have not finalized a class list, but we have talked about quads, and I'm still onboard.

OMA does require a memebrship. We cant do nearly as much cool stuff with no budget. I would hope most people would be happy to give their money to an organization that cares, and can show exactly where every dollar goes. At the end of 2013, i seriously doubt anyone will feel like they wasted their money, or I wouldnt put my name/reputation on the line.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
While I get some people being hesitant to embrace this "new" organization, they are not new to the scene. They have been operating their tracks successfully already and are now joining together to bring us better racing in our state. This is a much needed infusion of heart and soul of MX into the running of the tracks and organization for the betterment of the rider's sakes. Jason and JO both are successful racers in their own rights and know what they like in a track for providing good races when they are going to a race. JO is on the Quad side of this equation, and Jason is on the Bike side of this equation, and even though their commitment is to MX only at this time, the conditions will be top notch for the racers. I can't possibly see JO running an organization that doesn't allow quads, after all he's a quad guy first. And I can't see them running a 30 class line up that contradicts what they are trying to get away from, which is good racing with a bit more seat time than you get now.

I'm looking forward to their endeavor and hope that they are successful and bring back good racing to Ohio.

trevor145

PR Addict
OMA does require a memebrship. We cant do nearly as much cool stuff with no budget. I would hope most people would be happy to give their money to an organization that cares, and can show exactly where every dollar goes.

So does this imply that the CRA tracks or promoters don't care about the riders and there is no accountability for the riders membership money?
I'm pretty sure the motorcycles and four wheeler along with the thousands of dollars that go into our year end awards are some form appreciation for our riders loyalty and participation.
I'm not sure what has sparked this "uprising" against the CRA but it is a exciting no doubt.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
So does this imply that the CRA tracks or promoters don't care about the riders and there is no accountability for the riders membership money?
I'm pretty sure the motorcycles and four wheeler along with the thousands of dollars that go into our year end awards are some form appreciation for our riders loyalty and participation.
I'm not sure what has sparked this "uprising" against the CRA but it is a exciting no doubt.

You have a good point, the CRA does have a kick ass banquet, that is for sure. I think our mission/motives are getting taken out of conext here. This is not just about Malvern splitting from the CRA. And this most certainly is not an anti-CRA movement. Our views and vision of Mx for Ohio differ from the current sanctioning bodies, and since we felt that our vision could not be achieved through the current channels, we decided to go this direction. And BTW, none of this is directed at your efforts at TV Land in any way shape or form.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I was wondering if TV Land was one of the tracks in consideration for the OMA group since Trevor is a rider who is also for the riders as much as anyone else out there. And his natural Grass race at the hotel...... might fit in with a special event type thing for OMA type of event.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.......