OMA-District X

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Let the quad guys start bashing me again, but sorry you guys just don't support your own sport. They all want to be included in everything and throw a fit when they aren't, but they don't show up to support it. Seen it many, many, many times over the years.

I raced one race in 2012 that allowed quads -- the BC Battle. Put on by a quad guy to boot! Pitiful quad turnout for Jeremy, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Just imagine if he created the Battle of Ohio and said "No Quads!" I can't even begin to imagine the uproar that would have ensued.

Woody

PR Addict
All i can say is thats about all you are gonna get for now. If you cant come to terms with having 10-20 quads at a local race then just nix them. Same as the womens class, it's up to you to determine if its woth having a class or not.

As far as reasons, that train has done left the station. As far as i'm concerned after racing the few nationals that I did this year, my interest in locals are at an all time low. It gets old being the last moto every race, and not being allowed on regular practice days at certain tracks but hey, we might let you come on racedays.

But even those who do cater to quads (BC), people still don't show up. Wiil people come back to a better environment? Maybe, but doubtfully. Truth is there really aren't as many quad MX riders
as you think. I never see more than a handful at any open practice.

If there were no quads allowed you won't hear me complaining, I've come to terms with it. I will just practice at the Cliff and head up to Redbud, Steel City, Etc. to race.

hershey

PR Elite
Mandatory R/C track....Strider bike track that is for my kids, they love it and gives them something to do fun.

Make it so ! Lol..... Is this still the dream world post or the real one?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Mandatory R/C track....Strider bike track that is for my kids, they love it and gives them something to do fun.

Make it so ! Lol..... Is this still the dream world post or the real one?

You are in the dream world regardless of the thread.

dmx153

PR Founding Father
This is the real one because your dream world post would probably read something like...Each rider in the plus 40 class gets their own personal umbrella girl, babysitter, factory mechanic and you holeshot every moto and win by 15 seconds:)

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Lotts24

PR Elite
Thats it I am throwing in the towel, now at an all time low the women's class is getting compared to the quad class. lol sorry couldn't resist.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Kind of a side note to your quad discussion, a co-worker of mine races quads in GNCC vet class. I often pull up and check his results.

Interesting that this last weekends race was at St Clairesville, Oh. they offered a "First Year Racer" class. They had 26 entries, of which 12 were from Ohio. And I know there were quite a few Ohioans in the other class's.

I kind of question maybe some of the quad riders are intimidated with motocross tracks. My co-worker don't care for jumps, but he likes the seat time racing cross country.

I am really surprised though at the low quad turn out I have seen at Action Sports GP races. I would think quad racers and riders would flood to GP's since they are so much fun and easy.

Like you said, their not supporting some really good riding areas.

talonrunner18

PR Addict
Quads are dead. I used to have tons of friends who raced quads, now they either switched to bikes or flat broke.

Now about the CRA, I pick up a race schedule and look at it not seeing anything that excites me. So with that being said im very excited for the birth of OMA. Ohio needs an 8 race bike series spread throughout April-September. Thats how you pull 500+ racers and get the state back on the radar.

beamer315

PR Addict
To go along with Hershey and his fantasy land, here's my request. Get OMA up and rolling fast! Compile funds and hunt down Bob. Convince him spokes needs to live again. Then find Eric. We will do a take over of Spring Valley from the hunting folks that are there now. JO can head up twisting Tim off his Scenic land. I will get Rich and momma D to turn over the keys to outlaw. Every body happy happy happy (lil duck dynasty for ya)

Sound pretty sweet to me. Or better yet someone hit the powerball, buy em all!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Quads are dead. I used to have tons of friends who raced quads, now they either switched to bikes or flat broke.

The GNCC numbers don't agree.
These numbers are for ATV's in the morning A.M. class's

ATV Youth..... overall results for all class's.....83 entries, 80 finished.
Reguler ATV.... overall all class's..... 292 entries, 272 finished.

That's a lot of Quads. And a whole bunch of these are out of state travellers?

I'm not arguing, I'm just questioning why motocross can't pull any numbers?

Bill480

PR Addict
To go along with Hershey and his fantasy land, here's my request. Get OMA up and rolling fast! Compile funds and hunt down Bob. Convince him spokes needs to live again. Then find Eric. We will do a take over of Spring Valley from the hunting folks that are there now. JO can head up twisting Tim off his Scenic land. I will get Rich and momma D to turn over the keys to outlaw. Every body happy happy happy (lil duck dynasty for ya)

You should hit up Outlaw Rich anyways!! :D

hershey

PR Elite
And Hershey's place can be the official "club house".

Thats cool with me but there is only ONE bon fire per year.....Davefest..!!!!

Im no quad rider by any stretch of the imagination, Ive rode them a couple of times. That being said, you have to have some large ones to sack up and jump anything at BC on a quad! I cant imagine jumping those things on a rough track with jump faces that arent absolutely perfectly even. Hats off to you guys, crazy stuff. But then again Im in my dream world as always.......

talonrunner18

PR Addict

Your right about the GNCC scene for quads. MX quad guys have whole bunch of money wrapped up and they are your typical younger crowd. You know they built them on credit which they cant obtain anymore. Where bikes are more of a family and older +25 crowd.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Thats cool with me but there is only ONE bon fire per year.....Davefest..!!!!

Im no quad rider by any stretch of the imagination, Ive rode them a couple of times. That being said, you have to have some large ones to sack up and jump anything at BC on a quad! I cant imagine jumping those things on a rough track with jump faces that arent absolutely perfectly even. Hats off to you guys, crazy stuff. But then again Im in my dream world as always.......

Not entirely true. While the quad will kick your ass on a rough track, jumping the finish table at BC seemed EASIER to me on the quad!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Your right about the GNCC scene for quads. MX quad guys have whole bunch of money wrapped up and they are your typical younger crowd. You know they built them on credit which they cant obtain anymore. Where bikes are more of a family and older +25 crowd.

Also not ENTIRELY true. The one I own is paid off!

loneranger171

PR Addict
To go along with Hershey and his fantasy land, here's my request. Get OMA up and rolling fast! Compile funds and hunt down Bob. Convince him spokes needs to live again. Then find Eric. We will do a take over of Spring Valley from the hunting folks that are there now. JO can head up twisting Tim off his Scenic land. I will get Rich and momma D to turn over the keys to outlaw. Every body happy happy happy (li
l duck dynasty for ya)

I like these ideas....Spokes ....outlaw .....Svr.....now just get shecks for some open practice days