JO's "assailant" revealed!!!

If Jason and I dont pick something that someone prepares dont take it the wrong way, we are very picky people, and we are putting our reputations on the line with this gig.

I totally understand.

Also, are tracks that run the LLQs(e.g. crow and fasttraxx) out of the running if they run the AMA races?

I totally understand.

Also, are tracks that run the LLQs(e.g. crow and fasttraxx) out of the running if they run the AMA races?

I think we are totally against them being District/CRA sanctioned. Im not sure about AMA with no district, but I think we will have a conflict when it comes to insurance. We havent crossed that bridge yet. I would rather not have AMA tracks in our network, it seems like a contradiction to me.

I'll carpool with guys. We got vans. Ha. I'm down for some travel.

Lived in Ashtabula county for the better part of my life. Now I moved northeast to lake county. Perfect place to have to drive a million mile to any track. :)

Rumor has it Pushetta Creek MX has been talking about holding races. Track prep is really good there. Also, SVR could be a very nice track, just could use a little better prep.

The obvious choices are Dirtworld, Crow, SVR, WR & Fastraxx. Beans easily could but BJ would have to want to get back into racing. Chililtown if they just double their track size. Their pits with the rv hookups rival any track in the country. Sunday Creek has lots of potential. New Vienna has the land and motivation he just needs a turnout now.

If you want to think bigger: Redbud, Baja, Motoland, Steel City, High Point

Redbud, HP and SC. Not a chance. No way man.

Wish I could say more about certain tracks but I don't feel I'm at liberty to discuss anything. Jo and Rogers will keep people updated. But Believe me, I'll say this: I'm excited.

Pusheta would be a good candidate. Great crew and facility. About an hour N of Dayton. That might satisfy some of the Marysville / W Columbus crowd.

Less sure about New Vienna (it gets dry there in the summer), but I can give you Mike's phone number if interested. The dirt is very good when prepped. As Chuck mentioned in another post, he (Mike) is making big strides with the place. PM me.

I bet this will get some people talking at the sanction meeting. Most AMA clubs aren't "allowed" to participate with outlaw tracks for , you guessed it, liability reasons.

New Vienna?? Really.........thats time I was there it was a dust bowl, and not really much of a track. Has things changed dramaticlly since the last time I was there? Buckeye Hills has some potential. They needed a disc to disc deeper last time I raced there years ago, but layout was awesome.

Buckeye's layout is awesome. NV has better prep nowadays, much better than what is currently offered by Buckeye. I did say: "Less sure about NV..."

If Buckeye could get 7,000 - 10,000 gallons of water laid down before opening, and open on time, then there would be no contest. Half the state would be there every time they opened. If NV can water....

Buckeye's layout is awesome. NV has better prep nowadays, much better than what is currently offered by Buckeye. I did say: "Less sure about NV..."

If Buckeye could get 7,000 - 10,000 gallons of water laid down before opening, and open on time, then there would be no contest. Half the state would be there every time they opened. If NV can water....

7000-10,000 gallons per hour for at least 4 hours.

Buckeye Hillls would be a good canidate for the future. They are investing alot in the facility and equipment. They are a year or so away in my opinion but they definitely have one of the best layouts and natural terrain in the state. It would be good to keep them on the radar for a future addition. If you are counting on turnouts like the "Battle for Ohio" had it will take alot of equipment to handle track conditions in a timely manner on that size of track.

Pusheta Creek is good but they would need to create some parking to handle a large crowd. They may also be limited by the equipment they have at their disposal.

New Vienna I have not been to this year but they have alot of property there and alot of potential. They were also having equipment issues in the past. I am not sure if they have that all sorted out but they have the property availiable to have a very nice facility.

Those are the only three tracks I can think of in the southeast/east portion of the state that would have the best chance of pulling off a large event under the right circumstances. It does take more than just a good track. They need plenty of good parking and plenty of equipment and knowledgable staff to run the show.

svr was always one of my favorites. i personally wont mind the travel to the southern tracks. i dont mind traveling if its not every single weekend, it gets too pricey. i think this series will be perfect. i will be happy to check ouout some new tracks down south, ive never raced in d11. It will be fun to do the 'weekend thing' a few more times throughout the year. Before there would be no point to go down to a d11 track, at least now with a series like thiis there is some kind of reason behind it.

Im so excited to see where all of this goes!!!!!

My picks to add would be Dirtworld, WRMC and Crow Canyon. I am pretty sure Crow canyon is not affiliated with the AMA other than the qualifier they had.

Buckeye Hillls would be a good canidate for the future. They are investing alot in the facility and equipment. They are a year or so away in my opinion but they definitely have one of the best layouts and natural terrain in the state. It would be good to keep them on the radar for a future addition. If you are counting on turnouts like the "Battle for Ohio" had it will take alot of equipment to handle track conditions in a timely manner on that size of track.

Pusheta Creek is good but they would need to create some parking to handle a large crowd. They may also be limited by the equipment they have at their disposal.

New Vienna I have not been to this year but they have alot of property there and alot of potential. They were also having equipment issues in the past. I am not sure if they have that all sorted out but they have the property availiable to have a very nice facility.

Those are the only three tracks I can think of in the southeast/east portion of the state that would have the best chance of pulling off a large event under the right circumstances. It does take more than just a good track. They need plenty of good parking and plenty of equipment and knowledgable staff to run the show.

Pushetta Creek cut down all of the brush when you enter the track. You can actually walk up to the triple and alot more parking is available now. Do we know when the list of tracks that will make up the OMA will be finalized? It's exciting to finally have something positive to look forward to next MX season instead of wondering which tracks will close and will there be any races that don't resemble a dust bowl.

So after reading what seems to be a couple thousand posts....If I am a practice guy only which is all I will ever be due to kids,wife works everyweekend, part time care-taker for my father who had a stroke..I could go on...

I like to go to Beans a lot as it's fairly close...as is Malvern....if BC has a race that weekend and if Beans is in OMA-Dx then Beans wouldn't have open practice?

Also, assuming I did want to race at BC....if open practice is Saturday and racing is Sunday...my only real option is to camp overnight instead of driving 2.5 hours each way 2 days in a row....same goes for other tracks that may be a long drive for many racers I'm thinking ?

Please advise if I am wrong on my practice question...I thought I saw in a post no practice on race weekends for OMA-Dx tracks not racing that weekend...

All the tracks in the OMA will be able to have practice when ever they want. The idea that you can force people to race by the other tracks not practicing is very nieve. People will just go elsewhere to ride.

The practice crowd is very large and diverse. I dont think running practice as they wish is an issue. We just dont more than one race going on within the organization at one time. We want to concentrate the race crowd. If we ran a race somewhere on 7/8 of the weekends for the season, then there wouldnt be any open practice at any of the other tracks. That just wouldnt work. We will develop some further ideas on this. Perhaps no practice on On the bigger one-off series events. We will have to crunch it all when we attack the schedule.

Back