JO's "assailant" revealed!!!

All the tracks in the OMA will be able to have practice when ever they want. The idea that you can force people to race by the other tracks not practicing is very nieve. People will just go elsewhere to ride.

Glad to hear. I know you guys will work something out in fairness. As far as people going elsewhere to ride that could not be my case as some of my favorite tracks appear to be going in the OMA-Dx direction....

Attachments

• x logo.jpg
    x logo.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 116
I think if your trying to help each other out, if a track has a race, perhaps you practice at other tracks on the Saturday, but maybe not on Sunday........isnt the goal to get the most people possible to the race?

All the tracks in the OMA will be able to have practice when ever they want. The idea that you can force people to race by the other tracks not practicing is very nieve. People will just go elsewhere to ride.
The practice crowd is very large and diverse. I dont think running practice as they wish is an issue. We just dont more than one race going on within the organization at one time. We want to concentrate the race crowd. If we ran a race somewhere on 7/8 of the weekends for the season, then there wouldnt be any open practice at any of the other tracks. That just wouldnt work. We will develop some further ideas on this. Perhaps no practice on On the bigger one-off series events. We will have to crunch it all when we attack the schedule.

OMA Outrageous Moto Alert !
Optimal Moto Action !

Ohio needs this, and it sounds like it will rule. Just knowing that these will be the races and tracks to go to on a given weekend makes it worth the drive for me. 100% support

I think if your trying to help each other out, if a track has a race, perhaps you practice at other tracks on the Saturday, but maybe not on Sunday........isnt the goal to get the most people possible to the race?

That may be an idea. We definitely dont want to push people to the races, some people aree still just getting comfortable riding around others, not really ready for a race. We have to continue that growth. We dont want to put the brakes on the whole organization, and say to them now we race. They will either show up, and possble get discouraged because they are not ready, or go to track outside the OMA. Or they might love it. Either way, if people just want to ride, then i would rather them ride an OMA track and help our brothers out, help them keeping their tracks headed in a positive direction. Its our job as race promotors to try and capture all of those possible racers with our event and atmosphere. We need to win them over, not try to force them there.

Back