Action Sports to host opening round of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Championship Series

ActionSports

PR Addict
Action Sports is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the opening round of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Motocross and Hare Scramble Championships. The AMA has asked us to host the first round of the inaugural AMA Vintage Championship Series. We are excited to host vintage, post vintage and modern motorcycle and minicycle racers to compete at the Action Sports Moto Park. Keep checking the Action Sports website, www.ActionSportsRacing.com for dates, times and classes. Make sure to Like us, at Facebook.com/ActionSportsRacing and Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX.

See you at the races!

Wow.....This being an Action Sports event, at Action Sports, is very interesting and exciting. And can't wait to see what other tracks we'll get to race at.

Unfortunately I can't help but think and wonder, of how the AMA will manage to mess it up. I'm very sure they would steer clear of AHRMA's Ohio dates.

All the same, I am very appreciative and excited for more Ohio Vintage/Post Vintage racing events.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! COME ON 2013!!!

Glad to be riding at Action again. Great location and great facility. Can't wait to find out dates and how many races in the series.

Nothing against Smith Rd but AHRMA not going back to Action was a crime ! Glad to see that we will be back there for 2013 albeit with AMA . Tom

So that's two 2013 AMA Vintage National Motocross and Hare Scramble Championship Ohio venues with Mid Ohio and Action Sports. Thanks for clueing us in here on PitRacer. This early information is great. Please do let us know as this series unfolds.

Glad to be riding at Action again. Great location and great facility. Can't wait to find out dates and how many races in the series.

My KDX175 is itch'n to line up again with you boys from the north again in CC race.

How about Athens , Mid Ohio , and Log road for a 3 race series ? or more if possible. Jeff Beerbower are you listening ........ ? Seems that all the tracks that Ahrma left had something to do with helping AMA for Mid Ohio. Comments please .

How about Athens , Mid Ohio , and Log road for a 3 race series ? or more if possible. Jeff Beerbower are you listening ........ ? Seems that all the tracks that Ahrma left had something to do with helping AMA for Mid Ohio. Comments please .

Had heard it was to be a four race series. We'll see...
The AHRMA stripe came off my helmet today. Guess I can run my regular numbers now too. :cool:

Hope this all works out well!

In hindsight, I shoulda just bought a one day AHRMA membership at last years Athens AHRMA event as it looks like there's no longer any ARHMA mx events that I'm keen on attending.

I agree, interesting that Log Road and Action Sports lends a hand to AMA vintage days and shazam they're both no longer in the AHRMA schedule. Wonder if that was the promoters decision to drop out or was it AHRMA giving them the cold shoulder for helping the AMA?

I posted something over on Mark's Vintage site to see if anyone's heard anything on this.

Karl P...if you're reading this, chime on in as I know you have some ties to a few AHRMA folks.

Hope this all works out well!

In hindsight, I shoulda just bought a one day AHRMA membership at last years Athens AHRMA event as it looks like there's no longer any ARHMA mx events that I'm keen on attending.

I agree, interesting that Log Road and Action Sports lends a hand to AMA vintage days and shazam they're both no longer in the AHRMA schedule. Wonder if that was the promoters decision to drop out or was it AHRMA giving them the cold shoulder for helping the AMA?

Think I had posted in another tread that I had heard that it was AHRMA's decision not to return to Action Sports.

Word on the street is that Log Road will join in with Action and Mid Ohio That's 3 for now ! My question is Will all of you that are pitracer readers attend these 3 races ?????

This is exactly the problem that pisses people off and gets them to not ride any of these events. You have to be an AMA competition member to ride any of the AMA events and then you have to join and be an AHRMA member if you want to run any of their events. On top of that, the groups don't agree on skill levels so when I go to my first ever AHRMA event, I get bumped up to expert with no backup other than I beat an AHRMA official in the expert class on his trick XR. Now AMA says that if you race "expert" in any event anywhere, you can't run Vet B at Loretta Lynns so I'm out of AHRMA events because I only did that for fun at local stuff so that I could ride with my buddies, I'm not there to chase AHRMA national championship points or anything else, just there to have fun.

On top of that, I smell some sort of conspiracy going on with AHRMA dropping the tracks that helped AMA vintage days recently from their schedule, but they should learn to get along...... as both groups are competing for the same riders and if they both put on good events, they could get riders to both sets of events...... but someone somewhere is still pissed about the rift and penalizing people that go on both sides. We all ride and just want to ride our bikes for fun more than anything else, and the closer the fun is the better. All these rules and in fighting does nothing but want me to stay out of AHRMA and vintage day stuff cause I'm here just for fun and they take the fun out of it.

I had more fun riding the Vintage Trials at Mid Ohio than anything else and I had never been on a trials bike before and did terrible. It was fun and that's all that mattered to me, make it more fun and you'll have more riders! Get the real point AHRMA and AMA Vintage Powers that be, make it fun and the riders will come! Fight, split them up, and make people choose and both groups will have less as some people will go one way, and some people will go the other way and never will the two meet and have everyone like they used to at Mid Ohio's joint Vintage Days between AHRMA and AMA together.

I would be in for those 3 races. Jack is 16 and we are planning to do some AHRMA stuff too. We really enjoy the old bikes and have a blast at both events. For the good of the sport and for the competition it would be nice to see a love relationship and not a competition against each other. I hope that is not where this is going.

This is exactly the problem that pisses people off and gets them to not ride any of these events. You have to be an AMA competition member to ride any of the AMA events and then you have to join and be an AHRMA member if you want to run any of their events.

Actually, for me...I'm excited about the thought that the AMA might be getting involved with Vintage racing in the area and yes I would attend the 3 AMA races mentioned if this actually comes together.

After some less than great experiences with AHRMA it seems they're not making much of an effort to hold on to the membership they have. My latest experience with them this last summer, I made calls to AND emailed three different people regarding a membership question and never did hear back from any of them.

The previous year, I had won my class at Athens and I didn't even show up in the AHRMA website results. When I contacted them, they immediately blamed it on the promoter without even looking into it. I knew it wasn't Drew's fault as I saw my name on his result sheets. Someone on the board here then gave me the email address of the guy who keeps track of results at AHRMA. I emailed him and in a matter of day he got back to me and let me know the mistake was on AHRMAs end. I'm not chasing points but thought it was pizz poor follow through on AHRMAs part to immediately blame the promoter rather than check with the score keeper who answered my question when I contacted him directly.

Of course, it'd be in everyone's best interest if AHRMA and AMA could get along and work together...but based on what's gone down in the last few years, I highly doubt that's going to happen. To me, it seems fairly obvious that AHRMA has more to lose than the AMA does if they don't try to call a truce...but it's probably too late for that.

I'm already an AMA member for other reasons so it doesn't add to my cost to do AMA events. But it would add to my cost to sign up for AHRMA again, which I probably won't do since I don't think they are doing a good job for the riders or the future of old bike racing. At this point, I don't care that much but I can see in the future that I'd like to have a place to ride the bikes of today in the "vintage" forum of tomorrow. So I'd like a strong vintage crowd for the future but it seems the war between the organizations is tearing it apart......

Back