Action Sports to host opening round of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Championship Series

Log Road is a lot of fun. Didn't you guys watch my helmet vid from there on the Mighty 465?

Just now getting to watch video. I do remember this now.
Track looks great, and fast. Was a little curious what track prep is like with sand involved.

The racer that passed you, moved along quite swiftly, wonder what took him so long to do it?

I'm already having parting withdraws from the RM465.......and it was your bike :)

Too bad the AMA & AHRMA split as a 1,000 rider weekend in Mid-Ohio back in 2008 is now only 1/4 of that..bummer for all of us.
Plus the AMA was doing a one race National Championship before with no 7 races series like AHRMA had which was a little lame.
Shame on both of them for hurting the vintage racing sport.
Maico Mark

Not disagreeing with you, as we attended before and after, but I'm thinking there are other underlying factors at work here also. The 2008 economy crash had a significant impact and there has also been a noticable drop in interest in vintage bikes and racing over the last 5 years.
If the Pitracer archive were still there, you could read the old posts and see how many guys that were involved who aren't on here anymore.

And it feels to me like as I decided to get involved, it started going downhill. :(
(seems like that happens a lot to me) haha!

No matter where it's all at, I'm gonna try and keep doing it bigger and bigger each year because as a family, we love Vintage/post vintage racing.

No matter where it's all at, I'm gonna try and keep doing it bigger and bigger each year because as a family, we love Vintage/post vintage racing.

That's well said and pretty much sums it all up for me, also.

Kevin

Back