Action Sports to host opening round of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Championship Series

interesting that Log Road and Action Sports lends a hand to AMA vintage days and shazam they're both no longer in the AHRMA schedule. Wonder if that was the promoters decision to drop out or was it AHRMA giving them the cold shoulder for helping the AMA?

For some reason I'm remembering some posts on here about Log Road struggled to draw enough racers at their 2011 event, and there were doubts they were to be on the 2012 schedule?

We love vintage racing, so we'll support every race that we can. I need to get work done on my bikes and as bad as I hate to I gotta buy a highway worthy truck or van. (after I buy my wife another car, eeek!)

why don't you guys just go out and race. if its the membership fees or the politics your worried about then I suggest you find a new hobby like basket weaving or a local book club at the library. I don't recognize anyone posting on here as past or future pro riders looking for that factory ride. I do see a few guy that may make good traction to some guys who really want to enjoy vintage racing. So save some cash this winter, work on your bike and your physical condition. Then be ready to have fun racing this summer at as many races as you can make.

why don't you guys just go out and race. if its the membership fees or the politics your worried about then I suggest you find a new hobby like basket weaving or a local book club at the library. I don't recognize anyone posting on here as past or future pro riders looking for that factory ride. I do see a few guy that may make good traction to some guys who really want to enjoy vintage racing. So save some cash this winter, work on your bike and your physical condition. Then be ready to have fun racing this summer at as many races as you can make.

What is the point to this rant and what even prompted it?

Let's just say several of us around here have had bad experiences at our Ohio AHRMA Nationals. Be it politics or whatever, why would we travel to experience the same? A new more local to us race series is sounding pretty good...

Originally Posted by VLK943 View Post
why don't you guys just go out and race. I do see a few guy that may make good traction to some guys who really want to enjoy vintage racing.

Really? That's how you enjoy vintage racing?

Waitaminute. I had to go back and read that again. Is VLK943 saying some people make
good traction?

Hell yes, that's how I enjoy vintage! Ask Hartney!

Log Road is in per Bart Newmann . Where would the 4th race be ? OIR ? Apple Cabin ? Sandusky Valley ? Delta ? TV LAnd ? Crow Canyon ? Any Ideas ?

I figure it always easiest to just ask directly :) Here is the email I got from Bart at Log road (Bart's answer is above my question):

Kevin you looking for an old bike scoop? that's funny. putting final touches on a 4 race series should announce before December 1st is the plan will keep in touch.

Bart
-----Original Message-----
To: Vcvrace <vcvrace@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 6:59 pm
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio

</vcvrace@aol.com></krh428cj@adelphia.net>
Ok, guys. What's the scoop? There's some chatter on the message boards saying that you guys will be hosting an AMA sanctioned vintage race this coming year as part of a 3 or 4 race vintage series. Action Sports and Mid-Ohio (VMD) are the other tracks that have been mentioned. Care to (or can you?) elaborate?

Thanks,
Kevin Harper

So there you go, straight from Bart. I'd be nice if Smith Road would be the fourth track, IMHO. This sounds like it could be lots of fun.

Hey, Mooch, I'm the guy from Mark's Vintage Page. I'm near Akron, actually my property borders Blossom Music Center if you know where that's at.

Kevin

Smith Rds is on the Ahrma schedule already. So you vintage guys can ride that track. Don't think AMA will go to the same venue. Have to wait and see about other tracks. Will there be cross country or trials events too?

I would probably think about tracks that have an AMA Charter for the remaining event, or one that either Action Sports or Log Road promoters would be associated with to use their Charter for AMA sanctioning. Would LOVE to see it at OIR, not sure that would happen though.

Smith Rds is on the Ahrma schedule already. So you vintage guys can ride that track. Don't think AMA will go to the same venue. Have to wait and see about other tracks. Will there be cross country or trials events too?

Mid-Ohio and Action Sports should have CC or HS as it's known to the AMA. My favorite thing now days. Could be because I'm less likely to become traction out on the trail...

The only thing I've seen on the AMA site was related to a raffle winner being awarded the prize at AMA Vintage Days in July 2013. I'd think they'd keep it around the 2nd or 3rd weekend of July.

What is the point to this rant and what even prompted it?

Vlk, just checking to see if you have any intention whatsoever on responding to what your motivation was for your rant...seems very odd to have someone come here and on their 3rd post blast other members for no reason by calling them out as being "good traction" and blatantly questioning their riding abilities or how it is they prefer to have fun on two wheels. That may be acceptable form on a forum like Vitalmx when you have no clue who the other person is, but IMHO that kind of unprovoked flaming is not in good form when your saying it to local guys who you may need to borrow a plug from someday.

I do see a few guy that may make good traction to some guys who really want to enjoy vintage racing. So save some cash this winter, work on your bike and your physical condition. Then be ready to have fun racing this summer at as many races as you can make.

I'm your Huckleberry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We've raced before, and I delight in beating you off the line and to the woods, and then listening to you bark at me to get out of the way, then keeping the heat on you if you do get by throughout the rest of the race, which by the way, always ends too soon for me.

Rivals 1.jpg

NQ1965 Where did you get that pic ? That's me in the middle (I could have worn better shorts ) !!!!!!! Tom

Lighten up frances .. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Just saying everyone should stop complaining about the AMA and Ahrma and show up and ride. Attendance is down for many reasons but if we want this hobby to survive we must attend the events and get new people interested. Nice pic of Tom. If you need one of me let me know I can send you a nice eight by ten.... Whatever

:)
It's all in good humor and I understood your earlier comments and didn't take them wrong. And I happen to agree with you. Couldn't care less about conflicts, politics, lack of harmony and disorganization of it all. I just want somewhere to race my old dirt bikes.

I've not tasted victory enough times, in that it causes me to remember those who have served me defeats. I enjoyed racing against you and Tom, and was even disappointed when Tom got bumped up to expert class this year at Athens. And at Mid-Ohio we raced different HS class's so I missed the opportunity again.

And though you two bested me to a 3rd place in that photo, it's still a favorite of mine. I knew how hard I raced to get it, and I was proud to be up there with you two.

But my brain was saying.............. Wait till next year! :)

Back