Ok... What did you do to your bike today??

I agree with you John. Waaaaaay too many mud races over the years. Just not that into it so much any more. I sit and way the pros and cons of a mud race and right now it just doesn't favor going mud racing. I'll watch 'em race in it, but not so much race in it if I can help it. Light rain is one thing, but not a downpour. Good luck with the rebuild on that new bike!

I am now for the most part a FWR as well. I rode at joe rices benefit only because it was so rainy and soupy that it wasnt too bad to get around and really wasnt bad cleaning up. Once in a blue moon im ok! Im happy enough just to watch and if its crappy out my bike will stay in the truck and ill do just that.. haha.. Back in the day at big races i was the guy that would hope it would turn into a mud fest because i could ride it. Sure hated clean up though. ;

Blew up the 125 this past weekend. Tore it down last night to get her back in shape for good weather at home. Washed both bikes last night too.

Revalved the 450 a bit, its getting close to perfect. The high speed and heavy hits are just where I like it, now I just need to get the perfect amount of plush on the smaller stuff. Its really close just not perfect.

I am now for the most part a FWR as well. I rode at joe rices benefit only because it was so rainy and soupy that it wasnt too bad to get around and really wasnt bad cleaning up. Once in a blue moon im ok! Im happy enough just to watch and if its crappy out my bike will stay in the truck and ill do just that.. haha.. Back in the day at big races i was the guy that would hope it would turn into a mud fest because i could ride it. Sure hated clean up though. ;

Yea that day trashed my steering bearings. Had fun but the clean up was an effin nightmare.

im a little later on this thread but this week i started on the dinosauric 2007 rmz 450, its comming along well. Stripped the old grapics, broke down the bike and cleaned everything by hand, i challange someone to find a speck of dit on it. Also took some mothers polish to the frame, subframe, and swing arm and let me tell you if you have never tried you should, took an 07 frame and made it look new.

This all took longer then it sounds, make a huge mistake and used a cleaner on my bike that does not work well with alumin aluminum. it turned 85% of my frame black and blue and my swing arm turned white. thanks to a handfull of cleaners and strippers i used, i was able to buff everything out back to normal, it was no easy task, no less then 10 hour to fix it all. the only permanent was to the rear wheel, it stripped most of the clear coat and left it dull looking :(

all i have left is to go over every bolt, grease the bike, swap stem bearings , shave clutch basket, then slap on new rubber and graphics and shes done. excited to get outdoors for some practice, ill try and get pics up when shes done.

Yeah, i'm about done with mud races. I really only went out in practice saturday before calling it quits. Then i made it to the first corner, first moto, on sunday when i got into a pile up.. thats the reason for the bars and kill switch.

As far as the rear wheel offset goes, what do i need to get to use my 02' cr 250 wheels on my 13' crf 450? i was only going to do it temporarily while i tear my 450 wheels down and get them powder coated.

im a little later on this thread but this week i started on the dinosauric 2007 rmz 450, its comming along well. Stripped the old grapics, broke down the bike and cleaned everything by hand, i challange someone to find a speck of dit on it. Also took some mothers polish to the frame, subframe, and swing arm and let me tell you if you have never tried you should, took an 07 frame and made it look new.

This all took longer then it sounds, make a huge mistake and used a cleaner on my bike that does not work well with alumin aluminum. it turned 85% of my frame black and blue and my swing arm turned white. thanks to a handfull of cleaners and strippers i used, i was able to buff everything out back to normal, it was no easy task, no less then 10 hour to fix it all. the only permanent was to the rear wheel, it stripped most of the clear coat and left it dull looking :(

all i have left is to go over every bolt, grease the bike, swap stem bearings , shave clutch basket, then slap on new rubber and graphics and shes done. excited to get outdoors for some practice, ill try and get pics up when shes done.

Rats! Did that to my Harley one time, I think it was a generic Super Clean or Purple Power that I used. :( I gave up polishing after that and powder coated everything black but the cases. Zoop seal is a great product to seal aluminum after polishing, pricey but works well.

I put a "new style" KFX fender on my lady's KX100. I had to get rid of the awful looking black square OEM fender. A little sticker modifying and it came out pretty good :)
fender1.jpgfender2.jpg

I agree about the rear looking much better too. She just got new graphics on the OEM rear fender so I wont be switching it right away. But, when that wears out the new style rear fender will go on for sure.

Back