Ok... What did you do to your bike today??

beamer315

PR Addict
Some of the vets here should remember terra flex tires. I bought a bike a while back that one on the rear. A 5.5 width if I do remember. And decades old. It laughed at my tire irons. I think I used everything but a chainsaw to get it off the rim.

mgorman

PR Member
6.28x18 - Still made. I thought about getting one for the 950 but the knobs are so big they depart from the carcass at high speed on the highway after time. Still may do it and keep them on my dirt rims.

Buttoned the 640 up last night after installing new linkage bearing and valve check

freeh

PR Founding Father
I brought home a new baby today! Excited to get back on a bike. It has been over a year for me. The tear down has begun. Thanks to Mr. DMX153 for the tip on the bike. Come get your finder's fee whenever you are allowed.

Attachments

• 2012-12-08_13-10-31_36.jpg
    2012-12-08_13-10-31_36.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 2012-12-08_14-07-45_562.jpg
    2012-12-08_14-07-45_562.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 2012-12-08_15-37-35_608.jpg
    2012-12-08_15-37-35_608.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 146

pasimp57

PR Addict
Found out my blue talon hubs black excel rims from the YZ 250 won't fit the F due to the bigger axle shaft in the rear. Cleaned them up ready to sell. Finished rigging the hour meter, and worked on graphics.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
didnt work on my bike, but had someone drop off a non running 98 yz250 for me to work on. drained out the old gas, cleaned the air filter, new plug, fresh gas, clean the carb, fired up 2nd kick. trapped as much 2 stroke exhaust in the garage as I could :)

jeffro667

PR Addict
Talon sells an update kit to adapt the 22mm axle to 25mm for the newer F's.

Found out my blue talon hubs black excel rims from the YZ 250 won't fit the F due to the bigger axle shaft in the rear. Cleaned them up ready to sell. Finished rigging the hour meter, and worked on graphics.

nitrofish

PR Addict
My stuff is done, been done since I don't get to ride much anymore. I did spend the last two days tearing the kids quad down to the frame. Off to Miracle Custom Coatings for a fresh new look! ;) I even managed to inventory the "77" XR 75 parts, maybe I will finish it this year.

mgorman

PR Member
Talon sells an update kit to adapt the 22mm axle to 25mm for the newer F's.

If that doesn't work, take your axle and old bearing to a bearing reseller like Bearings Inc. They can match the axle diameter to your existing bearings width and outer diameter. Those bearing usually cost between $7 and $15 each.

hershey

PR Elite
If that doesn't work, take your axle and old bearing to a bearing reseller like Bearings Inc. They can match the axle diameter to your existing bearings width and outer diameter. Those bearing usually cost between $7 and $15 each.

Tried that for my Yzf.....no go. No bearings made that will work. I didn't try talon though

Spagina

PR Elite
Well the other day i finally did some work on the bikes. I took some time off since may... after all, graduating college, completing an internship, moving, landing a full time job, and buying a house can be quite the work load. Now that everything has settled down and i have been at my job long enough to risk getting hurt, its back on the old girl

finally moved everything into my new 2 stall garage this weekend... went to start my fiances rmz 250, and it runs like poo... also sat on it and it felt like crap (she also hasnt ridden since may)... soo i cleaned the carb on her bike (clogged main jet), drained the fuel and put new fuel in it. tore apart the linkage and the bottom bearing was bad... tore each needle out and scuffed them and packed it full of greese.. good to go, at least until the new kit comes in.

good news is, after all that, jumped on my trusty cr 250 and it started on the 2nd kick after sitting... gotta love it. after that i still decided to drain the gas (since it is probably 80 octane by now) and mixed up a new tank for it.

this weekend should be my first ride down here in virginia, im pretty excited. when i first started looking for tracks i was bummed. there are a lot within 1.5-3 hours (lake sugar tree, budds creek, actiontown, tomahawk, VMP, etc) but didnt seem to be many close. i have recently found some outlaw practice tracks within 45 minutes and am ready to get back into it.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Bummer! I have bought from them before and had a couple small issues, they dealt with everything right away to make things right.

hershey

PR Elite
I washed my bike and all the related stuff. Cleaned out the trailer. Thought about the spectacular Dec riding day the entire time!

I bet Crute changed a rear tube and tried to figure a way to not lock his keys in the moto van again!