Ok... What did you do to your bike today??

Bill480

PR Addict
I washed my bike and all the related stuff. Cleaned out the trailer. Thought about the spectacular Dec riding day the entire time!

I bet Crute changed a rear tube and tried to figure a way to not lock his keys in the moto van again!

I take it you guys went to Tomahawk? How was it?

I regret not making the trip to Switchback last night too.. too hard to get loaded up at 3pm.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
They all went to doublin gap and From what I perceive through posts it was an awesome kid December day for riding up north.

Picked up my correct steering stem bearings today. Ordered plastic and graphics. Replaced my busted airbox with new OEM. Got some bling parts from FCR (trick lookig brake reservoir caps). Starting the process of rebirthing the 2008 with some new 2013 flavor.

Meister

PR Founding Father
UFO Kit???

They all went to doublin gap and From what I perceive through posts it was an awesome kid December day for riding up north.

Picked up my correct steering stem bearings today. Ordered plastic and graphics. Replaced my busted airbox with new OEM. Got some bling parts from FCR (trick lookig brake reservoir caps). Starting the process of rebirthing the 2008 with some new 2013 flavor.

hershey

PR Elite
Picked up my correct steering stem bearings today.

BS!!! You know the hammer was put down and that was the best excuse you had? Lol... You should never have posted that stuff in the vet section....

Dublin gap it was. For all you who didnt make it, you missed out BIG TIME!

For those of you who made up excuses about bearings and such, well you should not only feel bad about missing the trip but be ashamed of yourselves!

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
hahaha....

Yes I changed a tube, and managed to not destroy my shiny new wheel. Only put one little scratch on the very edge from my tire iron, nothing I could do about that one (other than wait for the plastic ones from rocky mountain to come in).

Changed oil, air filter. tightened spokes.. Washed, then washed again because i missed a million spots (trying to keep up with camerons standard of a clean bike is tough..i still cant believe he even ever rides the thing?). went to walmart to get more oil for next time. ordered more tubes because that was my last one.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
BS!!! You know the hammer was put down and that was the best excuse you had? Lol... You should never have posted that stuff in the vet section....

Dublin gap it was. For all you who didnt make it, you missed out BIG TIME!

For those of you who made up excuses about bearings and such, well you should not only feel bad about missing the trip but be ashamed of yourselves!

The last time I ordered parts (or my name George Baker ordered parts--I'm the third) from NR Yamaha I was on a yz85. Parts guy was busy and ended up ordering what I rode before. That's what he told me atleast.

D

DTS

Ordered new number plate backgrounds with plastic today :) ...waiting until after christmas to bring my bike in the house and begin the winter maintenance

Meister

PR Founding Father
Blew the dust off the front fender and gave the throttle a blip on the yz and pushed the front bumped down on the quad with my knee..

Bill480

PR Addict
Motobus round 2.. this ones in a bit better shape. Diesel too. Oh and it made it all the way back to my house :D

472167_10151208472763218_2082277795_o.jpg

Bill480

PR Addict
That looks way better than the first one you posted. Nice winter project.

Thanks! Yea I have concluded that the buses in the $2000 price range all do not have working brakes or power steering. I drove 4 of them and each one was a terrifying experience. Jumped up to the 3k range and I got one with all new brakes & lines & master cyl, new tires, and heat & ac works. Once I get the bikes in it I will get the fun task of ripping all the seats out and turning it into a true moto-bus. Plan is to take the side door off and replace with a trailer ramp door. Want to re-do the interior with less seats, more storage space, etc. Should keep me busy for a while. When I got home and looked at it in my driveway I nearly cried I was laughing so hard. Looks a lot bigger there than it did in a parking lot. Neighbors must love me.

Insurance was a bear to get. First I called Geico (who i have all my cars with). $1200 a year! After talking to every insurance agency I could find I ended up back with Progressive for just the bus.. $370 a year. Not great but not bad I guess. Has to be a commercial policy according to their rules. Now my old van needs a new home. Any takers?

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
get that thing ready and lets take it south!!!! screw it leave all the seats in it and we can pile like 10 of us in it!!

Bill480

PR Addict
get that thing ready and lets take it south!!!! screw it leave all the seats in it and we can pile like 10 of us in it!!

I'm down.. I have to take out at least one row of seats or there isn't any room for bikes ;p

I think I'm reading that the e250/350 hitch will fit the 450 as well.. might be stealing it off my old van this weekend.

1foxracing

PR Addict
Insurance was a bear to get. First I called Geico (who i have all my cars with). $1200 a year! After talking to every insurance agency I could find I ended up back with Progressive for just the bus.. $370 a year.

Place a cot inside and you should be able to title/insure as a "RV", I have a friend who did this with a old ambulance and I know his is titled that way.

Bill480

PR Addict
Place a cot inside and you should be able to title/insure as a "RV", I have a friend who did this with a old ambulance and I know his is titled that way.

Thanks for the tip. I actually just got back from the title bureau. To my surprise getting plates was cheap! If you have under 9 (i think) seats in the back it is cheap as hell. $34 for plates. I was expecting to pay over $100 like I had to do when I had an F350.

I'm satisfied with my $370 a year insurance. I don't really think I'm going to beat it regardless of how I word it. I contacted a few RV insurance agencies yesterday, I'll find out if they ever get back to me.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Got a hitch on that beast? Darken out the windows, get the free candy and puppies sign and lets go south! ......To Ride of course!

Bill480

PR Addict
Got a hitch on that beast? Darken out the windows, get the free candy and puppies sign and lets go south! ......To Ride of course!

Did some measuring last night.. I think the hitch from the E250 will work. Wish I had a garage big enough to get these things inside. I took the van over to my dads yesterday so I could have part of my driveway back. When I get a decent weekend I'll go over there and rip the hitch off it.

This was kind of ridiculous:

20121219_165210.jpg

mgorman

PR Member
Was going to work in the garage getting it cleaned up to start assembling the Ascot motor but, went for a ride instead