Ok... What did you do to your bike today??

C Hudak

PR Addict
FMF_Item_041500.jpgThese are on back order till the end of Jan. Go figure twice the wait! ha

mgorman

PR Member
What is up with bearings and yz250s? I've changed mine twice in 2 lightly ridden seasons (10 hours or so each year). They guald up....seems like water seeps in there. And I don't go crazy with the pressure washer....???

I had a bike a few years back that had a slot milled into the steering stem for what reason, I have no clue. All it did was let water, gas and dirt come down the stem where the vent tube went in and through the milled slot so I taped over it.

IF you aren't a weight weenie, I tapped and installed a zerk fitting on the head tube of my old 560. The motor oil in the frame always got so hot the grease would run out the seals. Every time I'd see solidified grease all over the rear of the front fender, I'd just hit it with the grease gun. This will not work if the head tube has holes leading to the backbone or downtube.

Spent the afternoon installing an updated counter balancer spring and anchor on a KLR650. Got the road salt off the 640 and 950 then stuck the Transalp on the battery tender so I can to ride it to a job interview tomorrow. I figure they might as well know I'm a few fries short of a happy meal right up front.

pasimp57

PR Addict
I had a bike a few years back that had a slot milled into the steering stem for what reason, I have no clue. All it did was let water, gas and dirt come down the stem where the vent tube went in and through the milled slot so I taped over it.

IF you aren't a weight weenie, I tapped and installed a zerk fitting on the head tube of my old 560. The motor oil in the frame always got so hot the grease would run out the seals. Every time I'd see solidified grease all over the rear of the front fender, I'd just hit it with the grease gun. This will not work if the head tube has holes leading to the backbone or downtube.

Spent the afternoon installing an updated counter balancer spring and anchor on a KLR650. Got the road salt off the 640 and 950 then stuck the Transalp on the battery tender so I can to ride it to a job interview tomorrow. I figure they might as well know I'm a few fries short of a happy meal right up front.

Maybe it's a stress point issue, but I've never understood why the steering stem doesn't have a grease fitting in it. Keep pumping new in, and old out.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
So what would a slip on do to a stock bike? And, do they meet the AMA Db limit ( unless that's not an issue in mod classes )?
It’s going to take $ 400.00 out of my wallet.
Make the bike look a little different.
Hopefully drop a pound.
Maybe add some umph to the power.
Burn through some American made Ti sheet.
Give the crew at FMF another order.
Give the folks at FedEx another delivery.
Help pay wages for all the above.

Actually, I’ve never had an aftermarket exhaust on a 4- stroke. So I have no idea how it will change the power….

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
It’s going to take $ 400.00 out of my wallet.
Make the bike look a little different.
Hopefully drop a pound.
Maybe add some umph to the power.
Burn through some American made Ti sheet.
Give the crew at FMF another order.
Give the folks at FedEx another delivery.
Help pay wages for all the above.

Actually, I’ve never had an aftermarket exhaust on a 4- stroke. So I have no idea how it will change the power….

the last time i did just a slip on were my 06 yamahas... it did make an improvement, not as much as a full system, but it helped. but it looks way sweeter lol..

it will definitely drop a little weight. the ti fmf header and stock rmz header are not too different in weight but the muffler is for sure.

mgorman

PR Member
Maybe it's a stress point issue, but I've never understood why the steering stem doesn't have a grease fitting in it. Keep pumping new in, and old out.

A month or so after I sold the bike to a guy out west, he landed from a high speed jump and the fork stanction cracked just below the lower triple tree. He asked me if the bike had ever been wrecked??? I told hin it was a dirt bike, it was ridden, so therefore you can guarantee it had been! He never mentioned the head tube having issues.

Maybe because it is high and mostly protected by the number plate or headlight or just one more fabbing process they'd have to pay for? maybe it could be the weight added by the grease in such a large void. Guys are paying big bucks to shave weight they need to loose from their guts first! I did have to be careful of the placement so none of the cables and wires would get hung up on it.

YZ125

PR Addict
Neighbor of mine purchased a pretty clean 08 YZ250. Upon tear down we notice a grease fitting in the head tube...

The frame (top and down tubes) was chock full of grease. We laughed our a***s off as we were trying everything possible to remove all that s**t. We soaked it, we blowed it, we sucked it...
We actually called the dude in PA who had owned and had him cracking up too !!! Good times but what a damn mess.

hershey

PR Elite
We soaked it, we blowed it, we sucked it...

Dude.....I wouldnt brag about that!

Got the power valves taken care of today and put the 125 back together! A little work on the jetting is in order then rip some dirt up one and a quarter style! I might just have to take it down south this weekend with me!

YZ125

PR Addict
hahaha, I knew that would get ur attention. Figured alittle humor might help you heal your wounds...

John250

PR Founding Father
LOL, oh YZ125.........I am not wounded. I am a politician, I had a whole facebook page dedicated to hating me, lol. But hey, I still got re-elected so I suppose most people must like what I was doing. The president of my hate club still has an Obama sign in his front yard, so I am OK with the people who dont care for me politically.

YZ125, debate is always good. If we all agreed on everything the world would be a boring place.

YZ125

PR Addict
Time for me to fess up....:cool:

Was trying to rattle ya for awhile... Finally did...:p possible future nomination for the next Vet section election...???

hershey

PR Elite
Sat on the 450 today and looked intently at the 125. It just needs a few jetting changes and its ready to go. Im going to take it down south to ride this weekend

D

DTS

Rolled my Suzuki into my kitchen last night. It's right in front of the heater vent and happy as can be