OMA Schedule is up!

are the races in the day or night? where can the start times be found? will all tracks start at the sametime or diffrent? Any idea on the age (first of Jan. or day of race) for the youth classes yet?

We are going with Jan. 1st on age. I will have a published rule book after New Years. I am taking next week off of my normal job (yep got one) to be with my kids, and to finish the rules.

Unless otherwise noted the races shown are day races, when you see two dates, that is indicating a Saturday practice/Sunday race. We have not discussed start times, but we will try to keep them the very very similar. You can expect early practice 8:30-9:00, and racing to follow on sundays. We will finalize these details after our next promotor meeting, hopefully in January.

That sounds good. Good call on the age, try to keep the start times all the same with that many races at diffrent tracks i will be running in circles trying to keep them straight. Thanks for all the work will try to make as many races as we can.

nice looking schedule...good luck JO and Jason. it shows that you guys really put a lot of thought into this.wish you the best.

The tracks are way to far from each other. You cant expect riders who live near dirt world to drive clear to mx 213. At least with the cra there were three tracks racing a weekend and you picked one that was some what close. Now just one track that could be three hours away.

The tracks are way to far from each other. You cant expect riders who live near dirt world to drive clear to mx 213. At least with the cra there were three tracks racing a weekend and you picked one that was some what close. Now just one track that could be three hours away.

I have driven over 10 hours to race before, 2-3 hours is cake.

I dont see those classes having enough of a draw to justify splitting up 25+ and 30+. In terms of the difference in ability, we added Vet Sport for the guys who dont feel they are up to par with the rest of the 30+ and 25+ crowd, or you could call this vet beginner too.

Crap. I`ve got to drive to PA and MI just to race? lol

No you don't HAVE to. You can CHOOSE to do so. Also keep in mind that while there are not any pro-vet classes. All our tracks will be offering gas cards or track bucks as an option to trophies.

I think you guys are off to a great start. You'll always find someone to complain about something no matter what you do. Keep up the good work!

Keep in mind the CRA is still there and if that is the kind of events you want to attend then you still have that option. When we considered tracks to be a part of this there was much more concern about the track and promoters ability to put on a top shelf quality event than the location (within reason) of the track.

I wasn't knocking district x or complaining, it makes more sense to only have a race a weekend for rider turn out. I'd like to go to all the tracks I've seen what u have done to malvern and can't wait to see oir

Everyone - When we started down this road, Jason and I had two very clear paths. First, It could have been the Malvern, OIR, and BC Series. Which sounds really cool, but would you rather have three good choices to ride, or seven? When you got to the sub shop, do you like choices for your sub, or "whatcha get is whatcha get bubba". We went with having choices, and we felt that these will be high quality choices given the personnel involved. Secondly, how many races? After reviewing our own schedules, we realized that there were many scheduling conflicts just in our circle, imagine all the riders, how do we guess at what the best dates were for the most people?? We alow for choice, we allow people to choose the races that fit their lives. With OMA you get choice. You want to run the premier seires in OHIO? You choose the Battle for Ohio, you got time for 4-5 more, run the Moto Revolution Series. Are you stationed abroad, and are only home a couple times a year, and want to race? Got you covered. Do you work on Sundays? Hot Summer Nights Series (yeah it maybe be rough, but its there). We created a schedule that is extremely flexible. Make your own OMA schedule, make your own route to a championship. There are no race minimums for any series, or end of the year.

No you don't HAVE to. You can CHOOSE to do so. Also keep in mind that while there are not any pro-vet classes. All our tracks will be offering gas cards or track bucks as an option to trophies.

What do you plan on giving out for 1st place in either 25+ or 30+ at a race?

To all of you complaining, STOP IT. It is seriously so petty... You all bitch about everything, too many races, too few, tracks are too far apart... Man do i wish i lived back in Western PA so i could be in the racing scene back there (OH/PA). You guys dont realize how lucky you are, and how good you have it.

Complaints about tracks being too far apart- Man, i live in Virginia now where i will race the MAMA (AMA D-7) and some D13. I am dead center in the middle of all the tracks, and the distances are anywhere from 4.5 hours north, to 3 hours south. In addition to the travel distances, there are hardly any practice tracks down here.

Briarcliff has been working super hard to appease everyone and create a good racing scene back in Ohio and i just get on here and read about how half of you have complaints about this, or that. This has become a bit repetative. There is a 50+ page thread about OMA, full of every comment that anyone can say... yes, we get it... So, spend $40 whole dollars and sign up for CRA and OMA and twist the throttle.

To all of you complaining, STOP IT. It is seriously so petty... You all bitch about everything, too many races, too few, tracks are too far apart... Man do i wish i lived back in Western PA so i could be in the racing scene back there. You guys dont realize how lucky you are, and how good you have it.

Too many races, too little races, Complaints about tracks being too far apart- Man, i live in Virginia now where i will race the MAMA (AMA D-7) and some D13. I am dead center in the middle of all the tracks, and the distances are anywhere from 4.5 hours north, to 3 hours south. In addition to the travel distances, there are hardly any practice tracks down here.

Briarcliff has been working super hard to appease everyone and create a good racing scene back in Ohio and i just get on here and read about half of you with complaints about this, or that. This has become a bit repetative. There is a 50+ page thread about OMA, full of every comment that anyone can say... yes, we get it... So, spend $40 whole dollars and sign up for CRA and OMA and twist the throttle.

THIS! This is the fire and passion that's missing. Stephen, that's a breath of fresh air. Pm me your address and shirt size, I'm sending you an OMA shirt on me. That may be the post of the month.

To all of you complaining, STOP IT. It is seriously so petty... You all bitch about everything, too many races, too few, tracks are too far apart... Man do i wish i lived back in Western PA so i could be in the racing scene back there (OH/PA). You guys dont realize how lucky you are, and how good you have it.

Complaints about tracks being too far apart- Man, i live in Virginia now where i will race the MAMA (AMA D-7) and some D13. I am dead center in the middle of all the tracks, and the distances are anywhere from 4.5 hours north, to 3 hours south. In addition to the travel distances, there are hardly any practice tracks down here.

Briarcliff has been working super hard to appease everyone and create a good racing scene back in Ohio and i just get on here and read about how half of you have complaints about this, or that. This has become a bit repetative. There is a 50+ page thread about OMA, full of every comment that anyone can say... yes, we get it... So, spend $40 whole dollars and sign up for CRA and OMA and twist the throttle.

What he said!!! I'm living in New Jersey, where the only thing more restricted than guns is motocross. An hour and a half to the closest practice track, which only runs maybe 10 races a year, and none in the summer. The other is almost 2 hours, limited practices, and races run have traditionally clashed with my work. I'd give certain right-side body parts not currently in use to be back in Ohio with all the choices. I certainly didn't avail myself enough when I was there and had it in my face.

Pick and choose those that trip your trigger and go race!! Everyone shows concern about the declining race scene, yet boo-birds are out in force when a couple of educated visionaries take on the task. I'm going to do my absolute best to make it back to race there and more than once. Trust me when I say, if I can work the time out, it will be worth my 7+hours each way drive to ride and race there. Along with seeing all the folks I miss.

Rant off. Race ON!!

My thirty five cents, is that if you expect decent crowds to the OMA races, you need to shut down the other OMA facilities within reasonable commuting distances, on those particular days - to encourage attendance. Having said that, I do realize the issues that go along with that and, I'm another Buckeye that is, quite sincerely, very excited about the tracks, the races and this whole OMA dealio. It's a thrilling time to be a Buckeye motocrosser. I know how much work and thought has gone on behind the scenes, with Jeremy, Jason, their families and, their supporters. * I'm not sure if there has been any talk of contingency money from the mfr's or other mx industry shtuff, but that would be cool, especially for the BATTLE races...

* Party, DAMONS - Newark - January 5th. Anaheim on HUGE screens. Be there.

Back