Gun control

I was having some debates with liberals as far as this issue goes. When I try to explain why an assualt weapon ban/magazine limit is infringing on the second amendment, their comebacks at me were the constitution is flawed and outdated. Yep liberal logic = what our whole country was built upon is flawed. The constitution was written by some of the smartest men of their time and meant to be timeless. The libs are the cancer of this nation, and if you ask me they're traitors that share not even one of the views our founding fathers had.

You keep dancing around on this subject. What do you think Obama should do?

Strengthen background checks for all gun purchases. Make sure the ATF has a permanent director. Allow funding of
research into gun issues.

I'm no fan of some of the devices you can buy today and we've agreed there
is a limit to what you can buy already - try and buy a grenade launcher. I'm not convinced
the limit is correct but I'm also not convinced it's not correct. Haven't seen a decent argument
for either, only emotion and vitriol.

Nobody wants to take away your rights. Everybody should be willing to figure out a
way to not take away anybody else's rights (to life for instance). The gun lobby
(NRA) is as bad as radical islamists and the religious right about making any sense.
They don't.

The NRA and Gun Owners or America are one of the reasons you still have gun rights . Obama will take as many rights away from you as he can .People need to wake up and look around I guess if you belive in killing unborn babys , gay marrage and making pot legil and flag burning I understand why you would belive Obama he will run this county into the ground.

Nobody wants to take away your rights. Everybody should be willing to figure out a
way to not take away anybody else's rights (to life for instance). The gun lobby
(NRA) is as bad as radical islamists and the religious right about making any sense.
They don't.

You are just kidding, right? Or is that just relativism run amok?

578581_10151343624984675_717748881_n.jpg

The president has just been waiting for the right moment to pounce on this. What it really boils down to are numbers.

29000 people a year die from ALL firearm deaths. Half of those are suicides. I posted the stats earlier. But something like 10000 were accidental. So 5000 people a year are killed by homicide. Big effing deal. 49000 people die each year by PREVENTABLE MEDICAL ACCIDENTS. 49000. Spend your time, energy and money in places where you can make a bigger impact. If people cant see the big picture here the country is doomed. The government WANTS to disarm the people in small moves.

Do you really think that any type of gun control is going to stop a criminal from getting a gun? LMAO

They don't.

Really? Surely you are going for comedic affect here about nobody wants to take away gun woner's rights.

I AM the NRA, and the GOA, along with about 8-10 million other Americans. Thank you for calling me a radical Islamist.

The NRA and Gun Owners or America are one of the reasons you still have gun rights . Obama will take as many rights away from you as he can .People need to wake up and look around I guess if you belive in killing unborn babys , gay marrage and making pot legil and flag burning I understand why you would belive Obama he will run this county into the ground.

So it's OK for the government to tell a woman what to do with her body/her unborn child, OK for the government to keep pot illegal while beer and cigarettes among thousands of prescription drugs are A-OK in the eyes of the law, and its perfectly fine for the government to decide who can love and marry each other.

But dont you dare take my guns away!

That being said I'm not an obama supporter but comments like yours make me cringe.

I read that link that John250 posted and I don't see where there is anything that is taking guns away.

How about killing actual born babies, say 6-7 year olds?

That comment reveals the ideal liberal emotional response. I have avoided commenting honestly and completely on this thread because my dad told me to never get into a pissing contest with a skunk...even when you win you loose.

The recent shootings were tragic without a doubt. The loss of those peoples lives was a shame and my heart goes out to everyone effected. While a very emotional time and topic, emotions will not help resolve the cause of the problem and must be kept seperate in order to most effectively help the situation.

All the suggested "fixes" to the issue have attacked the symptom not the issue. Guns don't kill people, people do. Outlawing, limiting, or restricting guns will not fix the issue. The shooters in recent trageties drove a car to get there...if we outlawed cars....none of this would have happened...??? NOT!!!!! Cars don't need to go 180 MPH but they do...Restricting a gun clip to 10 from 17 will not accomplish anything but take away my ability to own one and protect myself from danger. Put people in jail who break the law and punish them. Make them accountable for their actions instead of being able to sue McDonalds over them spilling a cup of coffee in their own lap! There was a rape/murder last week that was committed by a felon that JUST got released from prison for.....drum roll......aggravated murder!!!!! It seems to me like the laws in this country are there to make lawyers money and not to protect the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of law abiding citizens.

Read the Federalist papers...you know, the ones that the Government won't recognize as a legal document, but it explains the state of mind of the founding fathers and purpose of the Constitution, how and why it was written. It will tell you that we are exactly where the settlers from Europe were when pursuing freedom hundreds of years ago. The liberal media with their half truths has brainwashed the american public to the point where they will be like cattle going to slaughter and happy to do it. We have a system in place that has checks and balances to prevent actions detremental to the country. The president complains that the Republicans are causing the fiscal cliff...but there are hundreds of them against his ideas and one of him. Hmmmm whats wrong here? It is a good system, but the media has only reported that it is the Republicans fault. It takes 2 to Tango...but of course they won't report anything wrong with Democrats. So what does he do? He acts like a dictator and signs executive orders fulfilling his agenda instead of working out a plan that is universally agreed upon by the majority. His plan is so far off base and is disagreed on by so many, that it should be a sign of wrong. And I equally blame Conservatives that wont speak up for their rights. We don't have to get nasty, break the law, or infringe on anyones freedom. We just need to remind the leaders of this country that they are wrong and we disagree.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Look at every nation that has outlawed guns after they were part of thier lives. Hitler tried it, Stahlin, and the list goes on. Every one has failed miserably and violent crime has risen. I suppose you are going to try to tell me the holocaust (sp?) didn't happen??? Taking guns away does not work. Period. It only removes your freedom. Every state that has enacted concealed carry laws has seen a decrease in violent crime. The states with them most leaneant carry laws have the BEST crime statistics. Chicago and New York, with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime rate. Common sense seems to be missing in the liberals...... Put the guns in the hands of legal, law abiding citizens and the crimimals will think twice before committing certain crimes.

I think we should teach gun safety in our schools. We don't have to have each child touch a gun or shoot one...but we need education that guns only do what PEOPLE make them do. We teach drug education, sex education, and all other kinds of idiotic items that parents should be responsible for that I personally disagree on. Its ok to teach same sex marraige in schools which I strongly oppose teaching to my child, but we can't teach them safety of an item that has Constitutional backing? That way when a child sees a gun in an unsafe situation they know some safe options and the potential for danger. Guns are loads of fun. The days plinking at cans with my dad, and me with my daughter hold special memories from a young age. My daughter was shooting a gun at 8 and respects them and knows how to identify danger. She respects them but is not afraid when she sees one. Todays youth and even adults start to foam at the mouth when ever they see a gun. This comes from lack of exposure (citizens in the city probably are less prone to go in the back yard and plink at cans) which isn't bad, but the fear comes from the lack of knowledge and the brainwashing from the biased liberal media. A gun in the hands of a law abiding person is no more dangerous than the a car in the same situation and vice a versa.

Hunting provides some of my fondest memories with my family and friends and others around the world and country. restricting my ability to own guns infringes on my freedom. You may choose to not own guns, and that is perfectly fine with me. I will respond...unlike you...and tell you that is your right and leave you alone. When you weed the garden and pull the top off of the plant leaving the roots...it grows right back. Pretty simple.... The nation needs to approach the cause of the problem which is our system and the people and allow law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

I happened to catch a news report on the issue where the reporter stated that the executive orders Obama signed apply only to government employees , not the general public . It would take a law enacted by congress to apply the actions to us . It was also stated that Obama does not have the support of some of his own fellow Dems who get an " A " rating from the NRA ( and some of whom are soon up for re-election ) . This would , in effect , kill the chance of his ideas on gun control getting the votes needed to be passed into laws . Anybody know how factual this is ?

Also saw this morning that Gov. Christy(sp?) was denouncing the new NRA ad that speaks of Obama's children's schools utilizing armed guards . Wasn't this guy considered as a GOP VP candidate ? Didn't he kiss Obama's butt after hurricane Sandy ? Might want to remember some of this if the fat b@$t@rd shows any higher political aspirations in the future .

It is good that we have these discussions on here . What I think we really should be doing is making our opinions known to our elected officials instead of just preaching to the choir . Not that they would vote our wishes as they are supposed to do , but enough calls and letters might make some difference . I get so tired of hearing the skewed poll results on these types of issues . They always seem to go against the views of almost everyone I talk to . Where are they taken , outside a crack house ? Maybe the politicians pay more attention to these polls than their constituents .

I read that link that John250 posted and I don't see where there is anything that is taking guns away.

It doesn't, but what it does is prohibit you from buying certain guns in the future. John, it's not just assault weapons, there are a lot of firearms that hold more than 10 rounds. 22 rifles and alot of handguns would become illegal to buy also.

I thought we were talking about gun control?

So did I.. hence why I questioned his post. If out of all I wrote all you could take from it was the intentionally absurd line I left at the end.... I guess I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

Ahhhh. I don't know much about guns - even though half my family were police officers and have gun collections, haha. I read that about "more than 10 rounds" but didn't really realize the impact of that.

So did I.. hence why I questioned his post. If out of all I wrote all you could take from it was the intentionally absurd line I left at the end.... I guess I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

What are you talking about? I never even read your posts. I read the link that John250 put up and put a comment regarding that, then the next thing I see is I'm getting quoted talking about abortion and gay marriage. All I did was read an article that was linked and put up a comment regarding that article.

Back