Winter Projects?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Sorry, looks like we lost the Winter Projects thread in the crash. Everybody remember what they are working on?

I'm trying to sort out several motors. Jack Babet blew out the right side crank bearing in his '82 RM250, almost have that one done. Also sorting out a couple '78 RM motors.

Jack82RM25001.jpgJack82RM25002.jpgJack82RM25003.jpgJack82RM25004.jpgMotors01.jpgMotors02.jpgMotors03.jpg

Nice work PitBuilder.....I did a new top end in a friends XR80 2 weeks ago....and Superbowl Sunday I finished a BBR150 TTR125 Yamaha engine for a guy that had his countershat explode when the idler gear exploded taking a bunch of gears and case bearings with it....he had pulled the engine apart last summer and it was a big puzzle of parts in a box. Put it in the chassis and fired it up last night....

Put a new wheel on the front of Rocket's former, "and Z-man-tuned" Yamaha IT200......someone (see previous named folk) decided to grind the crap out of the front brake hub rendering it useless....now it actually has an operational front stopper....I now have a spare rim and a set of Z-spokes if any needs 'em...

Working on a Craigslist special 1995 XR80R I picked up for peanuts...and it looks it...

Time to get on my '78 RM125 again.......it's been over 4 years ago since I started it.......

Looking good. I am picking up the Cylinder today with a fresh bore. Would have been ready for Gatorback . AMA series here we come.

Any opinions on 2000 rm 250 to fix up or restore. things to look for stay away from etc.

I'm sure it would be an ok bike, but what would you want it for? It's too new for any of the vintage races.

I was riding YZ's and CR's during those years, so believe it or not I don't know much about the late 90's early 00's RMs.....

He's excited about joining the guys in the Decade Class at Action Sports Grand Prix races in Athens.

It's all the rage you know! And funner than Motocross. :)

Last time I raced a 1978 RM125 was back in 1981 just before buying my 81 YZ250.......the RM I have now was a project I bought from Maico Mark. I have it about 80% done...new engine, body work etc.....just need to finish the Simons Forks and Fox shocks and assemble it......

There is a couple members (if not several) that have early RM125's. We don't see many come up as project bikes. I have a 76, and am real anxious to get to rebuilding it.

I have a few RM's waiting also 77 Rm100 76 RM250 78 RM400 I would entertain selling 100 & 400 if any interest Tom 440 668 4065
2013-02-07_11-54-32_732_zpsf11fb897.jpg
Currently working on this 74.5 Penton Harescrambler 250MX
2013-02-09_17-31-47_346_zpse92194ea.jpg

Tom how much you want for the RM100? That could be the perfect bike for Kari. I was thinking of digging my '83 RM125 out of the mothballs for her but she will struggle with the seat height.

Tom how much you want for the RM100? That could be the perfect bike for Kari. I was thinking of digging my '83 RM125 out of the mothballs for her but she will struggle with the seat height.

Call me 440 668 4065 I have alot of parts that I bought to restore it and don't have the time so it's time to let it go I am currently working on rebuilding my 74 YZ250 racebike and also the Penton

MX250 update:

Installed PVL ignition a week ago. Got the bike to fire up Tuesday night.......Yipeeeeeee!
Was very cool hearing it run for the first time. Has a sound of it's own.
The garage bike gallary all raised front wheels and applauded with loud braaaaaaaaaaaaaps and blue smoke. (the smoke detector was going crazy).

Noticed gas leak. Figures, the one thing I didn't service, the tank petcock. Disassembled and serviced, no deal.....Tank has a rust pin hole. Reasearched the internet couple hours, order POR tank sealer kit. Should have for this weekend.

Ordered Circle F pipe and silencer.
In the process of ordering seat cover and new seat foam today.
Cleaned side panels plastic and stuck on new background/numbers, hung on bike.
Having broken chain tensioner bracket welded today.

Getting real close. I'll post I short video when I get more done.

Any opinions on 2000 rm 250 to fix up or restore. things to look for stay away from etc.

If those era RM250s developed a loose piston-cylinder clearance, the cylinder will crack at the intake port. Not might, WILL. Otherwise, wonderful Suzuki handling and (ahem) wonderful Suzuki clutch. Run the lowest viscosity trans oil you can find. I am running a 0W-40 oil that pours like water at room temp in my 01.

My "winter project" is waiting for my radius / ulna to heal and getting the 10" plate removed from my right arm!

Back