Winter Projects?

jeffro667

PR Addict
Maybe they are 90' model forks. I think the 91's were 43mm, 90's 41mm. Not 100% sure on that.

Pit, get that one looking like your usual resto, and KO1 will be all over it.

mx049

PR Elite
'91 KX125 basket case came home with me for next to nothing yesterday.

Anyone know what forks those are? Guy said they are from a 250 and I know the '91's were blue....

View attachment 7954

I have had that happen several times...go to get one bike & the guy wanting to clear them out either gives me another one or sells it to me for 50 bucks.

NQ1965

PR Elite
I have had that happen several times...go to get one bike & the guy wanting to clear them out either gives me another one or sells it to me for 50 bucks.

Funny, thats how I got my RM125. Stopped at yard sale to eyeball a 86-87 RM125, and ended up over at the kids uncles garage helping him clean out instead. Said he didn't care what I offered him, just give him something.

mx049

PR Elite
Hey Mark I will volunteer to be a test rider at Smith Rd or Athens on that 76 AW--- No post vintage ride ready yet !! Tom

Tom you have lots of time to pick up a PV bike & better hurry before the snow melts!

If you rode mine you would want it plus with all new plastic I want to be the first one to add the normal scuff marks.

Mosher

PR Founding Father
Man.... Where all these bikes coming from?
Kurt any pic's on the YZ400?

I've evicted the nest from airbox. It's sunbaked. It does have spark when I threw a coil on it. Carb is junk and seized. It's all original except rear fender (go figure) and it even has OEM bars. Front brake backing plate is broken where cable threads in. I've started some disassembly, not sure where to go with it.

Attachments

• yz400.jpg
    yz400.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 176

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
I've evicted the nest from airbox. It's sunbaked. It does have spark when I threw a coil on it. Carb is junk and seized. It's all original except rear fender (go figure) and it even has OEM bars. Front brake backing plate is broken where cable threads in. I've started some disassembly, not sure where to go with it.

KM - I have a set of nice, original side panels I will throw in if you rebuild it for a rider......maybe a few other bits as well.....

p.s. love the fork boots half way down the lowers......

p.s.s. I am intrigued the original rubber fork tops are still on it....

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Depends on what you are talking about.

That cylinder and head are glass beaded and left bare. The cases and covers are blasted and re-painted. Parts like swingarms, triple-clamps, etc I spray them with WD-40 and go over them with a brass brush and then wipe them clean.

smitty

PR Addict
my garage got a little bigger this weekend as my RS250 suzuki went to a new home,down to 3 big bikes suzuki DRZ400S,BSA 650 and my triumph 250 along with a Honda CT70 and 50cc pocket rocket,
chassis for my old trials bike project is sitting on the work bench getting honda 35mm leading axle forks,still need a engine,have not decided which direction I'm going with that
ahrma 361 has some nice possible trials lines on his new estate that should be fun to ride;)

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Well the '78 RM250 would be done today, but I found the swingarm bearings roached and didn't have any here. Looking really good I think, this is going to make someone happy.

78RM.jpg

NQ1965

PR Elite
Well the '78 RM250 would be done today, but I found the swingarm bearings roached and didn't have any here. Looking really good I think, this is going to make someone happy.

View attachment 7970

Not gonna Cross Country this bike again? You did a beautiful job on that one and I very much enjoyed watching the process.

Where to go with it?........ All the way, of course!

That bike looks like a decent rebuild candidate if the purchase price is low. I'm learning that finished and race ready bikes often can be bought for less than rebuild cost, and without all your time, labor and love invested.

Just don't cannibalize it though, there is certainly enough there for someone to work with, even if it just becomes one of them 10 year projects.

I will buy a bigger bore fin head bike to race, just not sure what I want to get into myself.

mx049

PR Elite
Bikes looking good & welcome aboard!

Where did you find that fork brace on the blue one or did it come with it as I always wanted to put one on my Maico as when riding modern
tracks that were rough the forks wouls flex a lot on my 76 Maico & about bit it one time as the front wheel was going left & right when I was
holding the bars straight. Not a good feeling.

Maico Mark