Winter Projects?

I've finally got this one finished for my buddy Spanky

To me it's a 8 on a scale of 10. I build 'em so the owner can ride 'em. It took me a while, but she's done. Now I have a 1975 Noguchi coming my way soon.

Attachments

• 734598_10151521871951354_331411473_n.jpg
    734598_10151521871951354_331411473_n.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 198
Was the tank that nice when you started or did you refinish it? Also looks like a vintage style front tire.
Would of loved having that when I was a kid. Great liitle bike even by todays standards.
Should be pleased.

Mike, is that the built up seat you had done or is that more of a standard hi-flite/Ceet kinda seat on the #41m bike?

Interesting?

Yea tapered steering bearings were ordered the moment I loosened the triple clamps and balls dropped all over the floor (what the hell ????). Was thankful they were available.

I've only ridden this thing around the yard, and am sure on my first trip out on practice day for tuning, on a track, that I'm going to be alarmed at how badly the existing suspension sucks. :)

And it actually concerns me a little because I do like to race as aggressively as I can, and get a little air on occasion. But this is a heavy bike, and doesn't feel balanced well at all. Takes about everything I got to get the bike up on the bike stand. No doubt it will take me some time and experience to learn how to ride this thing.

Thanks for the info.
If you have pic's of yours would love to see them.

Ridden the 250 MX yet?

I risked life and limb jumping my MX this weekend and here's video to prove it...

Land on the rear wheel or jumps no matter how small can hurt.

IMG_20130406_214513.jpg

K01...only one problem as the video needed to be longer so I can hear more of that 2 stroke music to my ears!

I'll have to watch your video clip when I get on my home computer tonight.
Did you race that 360 last year?

The only riding the MX250 has seen is a handfull of laps around the yard. Had hoped to get it to a track Saturday but my truck has been down for 2 weeks. So I lost 4 nights last week working on it and finally got it fixed late Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening I did pull out the MX and continued some minor tweaks and adjustments it still needed. Still waiting on my new pipe and silencer.

I'm trying not to horse the motor too much just yet while the new piston, rings and fresh bore get all seated in but I do have a dirt mound in my side yard that will give you a little bit of air so I build up some speed launch up and over, and then pull the clutch before touching down. As you said....Like a brick!
The bike seems to have some really good accelleration and rev's out nicely. And I think I'm gonna have a blast racing it having 250cc power with a low profile and seat height, especially in cornering.

I have a feeling I'm gonna need to go up a size on my carb pilot jet with the new pipe, as I'm only out like 1 full turn on the screw. I really can't get a feel of what's happenning at the rear end yet, but I'm sure these shocks are gonna be woefully inadequate. I'm thinking on going ahead and ordering new shocks this week.

I think this is gonna be my favorite race bike. I'm feel the attachment feelings growing and actual "Vintage bike" racing is still new for me.
Problem is time is getting short and I still have work needing done on my other bikes.

That's my 360 from last year, just switched tanks due to a leaking stock tank. If you don't land and put power down immediately, force isn't transferred and rider pain usually follows.

That's an interesting fab job. Thanks for posting the picture. I wonder if somebody makes those attachments? Just riding around on originals makes me worry, me feet noticed that immediately.

You need a water hazard or alligator pit on the back side of that jump of yours by the way. You style it well for a racer head'n for his glory years, but no challenge in that shot :)

That's funny about the jump. A small river forms there when a pond overflows and the jump was made to clear the water. Killer bass are on the prowl! I just cut down most of that jump last week to fill various muskrat excavations around the pond. It was way too big for the old MX.

got this instead of the IT250 from 4WS markie,only thing on this that was not on it new in 1975 is the wrong color green paint job,1975 MR175,too late for a winter project?:cool:
IMG_20130427_132708_574.jpg

Completed my 1989 CR250 today-It's for sale (NO WAY), can deliver to the Action Sports race this weekend. 513-207-3028

Attachments

• image (17).jpg
    image (17).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 198
  • image (21).jpg
    image (21).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 192
  • image (19).jpg
    image (19).jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 176
Yes it tis for sale !

1989 CR250-
Rebuilt shock
Rebuilt fork using NOS seals/dust seals
Pivot works swing arm bearing kit, NOS swing arm protector and chain guide block
New front/rear fenders
NOS front number plate
New wheel bearings front/rear
New Front Brake pads
New Renthal Chain/sprockets
New twin air filter
New Michelin rear tire
NOS exhaust rubber grommets, spacers, bolts and washers.
Bike is ready to race

Back