O'Neal RDX Boot

Yeah, I've worn nothing but tech 8 boots forever. I have three pairs now, one ready for the trash can, one soon to be ready for the trash can, and a newer pair. I like to have two pair of boots for the races, and need another pair. The tech 3 look decent, but i am sure I will just pony up the extra money again for another pair of Tech 8s. I am not spending the extra for tech 10s for sure.

Im stuck. I'm either getting another pair of tech 8s. I love them. Or going in a limb an getting Rdx.

I bought tech 8 for 270 out the door in 04. I still wear them. Buckles held up fine. My soles are trashed. 9 years on those boots. How can you complain.

Im stuck. I'm either getting another pair of tech 8s. I love them. Or going in a limb an getting Rdx.

I bought tech 8 for 270 out the door in 04. I still wear them. Buckles held up fine. My soles are trashed. 9 years on those boots. How can you complain.

Similar story.. I got my tech 10's as a graduation present in 05. Have been wearing them ever since.. except now my toes are crunched up a bit. Need a size 11 bad!! The soles are getting pretty bad and they are ugly but they work.

0328-O13-RDX-Boot-2.jpg
Neon ones look cool!

In the last racer x there's a pic of ryno, dr d, and sleeter where dr d is wearing a pair.. I'd like to see a pair in person. Kinda appear like a lower end boot with a pivot point added in. More I look, less I like.. I ended up with instincts..

dont think i can wait til then.. going to have to go 661 or jet. ive worn 661 the last few years and for the price I think they hold up well and are light and fit nice.

kinda ugly but.. with graphic kit they sell ($40) look sweet. a set of jets with the gfx will cost me about $130 more than the 661.hmm. also concerned about jets running maybe small. hate to have to deal with sending them back and stuff

J1%20white%20product%20page_400x400.jpg
GR%20Red_400x400.jpg
GR%20Yel%20Red%20Blk_400x400.jpg

I have a pair of Tech 8s that are like 3 years old. Just bought a brand new pair of Tech 8 lights from a pitracer follower that had never been worn. They are great boots. I am still of the opinion, you want nice boots, buy Alpinestars or Garne for sure.

Like you said John, opinion. I feel like astars and gaerne are the Nike and Reebok of boots. However, those aren't the only good shoes out there, they're just the trendiest. I think the fox instincts are comparable or better than Alpinestars top boot, but that's just my opinion. I also think Sidi's are like the asics of boots. Better than most available, just not as trendy or as easy to get..

All comes down to personal opinion due to fit and comfort unless there are known reliability issues.

Anybody buy these damn boots yet?

i tried on some 661 flights at kames and they are pretty comfortable. Might go that route.

Anybody buy these damn boots yet?

i tried on some 661 flights at kames and they are pretty comfortable. Might go that route.

Mine should be here today. They called to tell me they were out of size 11's so I had them send me 10's as that is my normal shoe size. If they are too tight I can send them back and wait for the 11's that will be here in May. I'll let you know how they feel after a dry run around my office.

bummed i couldnt get these in 12.. i didnt want to wait. I have SG10's in the mail that will be here Friday. I rode a few laps with some jett boots and they were decent. Different feeling... not bad, but just didnt feel right for me. I've worn the 661's for the last 4 years or so and they held up decent for their price. Not as high of quality as gaerne or alpinestars or anything like that obviously but for the price tag they are decent.

Back