Practice Safety?

Or I tell them before we ride, hey, you know your trespassing right. They say ok and were good to go.. haha

Shoot me a text next time your riding, Ill be more than happy to "Trespass" and leave ten in the mailbox on the way out!

I personally would pay the extra 10 bucks, I know its tough but I have been doing this too long to just give it up. Gas has risen, milk has risen, and one day the cost of MX will too. Like everyone else has said, I would rather spend a 100 at an OMA weekend race, then sit at the bar for four hours and blow through a 100. Its personally a treat to me to wake up in the morning hearing bikes, rather then wake up with a sour stomach and a headache.

Thats the thing, fuel, milk, food have all gone up. So has MX.. When I rode ALOT, I remember 10 or 15 tops to practice.. Its just about when is it TOO much..

And like you and Danford, I couldnt give it up completely. I tried and hated alot of stuff for the 3 years I didnt ride.. I have a track at home and a few buddies with private tracks that would allow me to continue to atleast ride my dirt bike..

I want to reface some jumps at my house and get it better again and im sure we`ll ride it more this year..

You guys keep mentioning beer.. God punished me for something ive done over the years and made me become allergic.. Or maybe it was a blessing so I would have the extra money to put toward riding that I would have drank..

Chuga chuga chuga chuga deeee raaaill..

Back on topic.

I hope we dont have to pay 35 to ride any time soon.

All we need is to get john250s ass hooked up with some Democratic funding. Pretend he's democrat the entire campaign then wallop a curve ball in office and get that you dream about bill passed on the floor.

Simple right? Right.

And I would be sick to my stomach to know that my health insurance company would try to go after a track in which I willingly signed up to ride at and didn't want to press charges against. Just to get their money back because they think I don't know what's good for me. 'M E R I C A!

Even if death resulted on my own accord at a track I would haunt my family for eternity if they ever went after a track.

What if the track owner put IED`s in the track in certain lines and if you took it, POW.. Without you knowing?

Or what if he put a poop hole vent tube straight up on the landing of a blind triple?

JK and I agree.

Most types of insurance rates go up because of the increased amounts they have to pay out in claims. I have no idea if tracks are paying out a lot more in liability claims these days, but I really hadn't ever heard of anybody successfully sueing a designated racing or off road trail riding facility around here. Has it happened a lot or are these incredible rate increases based on expected potential claims that have not actually been happening?

Lets see I go 142mph in the 1/4 at Summit Motorsports Park (Norwalk), I think THAT is a little dangerous no?

Guess what it costs to race or watch there on a Wednesday Sportsman nite??...........................................$7 yep Full track safety crew, ambulance, timers, tower people, food court and end of nite race awards......how do they do it?

Friday nite test and tune same as above but no elimintations and awards....$ 12

On a Saturday when the program is for the more serious racers the entry is $15 and $15 to $30 depending on the class. You do get way better track prep and the full facility is open.

Someone needs to get on board with Summit Motorsports insurance carrier

Just some ideas here after battling with some insurance carriers on practice insurance coverage. Some of these companies are starting to require flaggers, liscensed medical personnel, and all practices must be organized by skill level. Bottom line, to achieve these goals to satisfy some insurance companies tracks may be facing a $1,000 increase to hold practices. Provided they use insurance brand X. Now my question, in the name of safety would people be willing to pay an extra $10 to have all of that at the track on each practice day?

Im not saying we are doing that, just wanted to get a feel for where people stand on this. My guess is that mini parents will pay for it, and the Vets will say no way.

Lets see I go 142mph in the 1/4 at Summit Motorsports Park (Norwalk), I think THAT is a little dangerous no?

Guess what it costs to race or watch there on a Wednesday Sportsman nite??...........................................$7 yep Full track safety crew, ambulance, timers, tower people, food court and end of nite race awards......how do they do it?

On a Saturday when the program is for the more serious racers the entry is $15 and $15 to $30 depending on the class. You do get way better track prep and the full facility is open.

There you go Briarcliff. Sell your naming rights. Problem solved!

Sponsors....

I am going to the Orthopedic doctor on Tuesday for my arm that I did something to when I went down at Daytona. I have always just said I was riding my dirtbike, and NOT racing. One time I said I was racing, I had to give them all kinds of information about Dirt Country, etc. So I never made that mistake again.

I know one track and the AMA that was sued over a very serious accident on their track, at a sancitioned race. They claimed that no one ever told them motorcycle racing was dangerous.....and guess what? They won the law suit. A track has to have insurance. No getting around it. And if I am a track owner I am carrying a Million Dollar umbrella policy personnally also for sure!! They are cheap enough, that your crazy not to have one if you own a track.

Why doesnt the AMA have someone lobbying for a motorcyclist version of the equine law?? Thats their big selling point, we have people fighting to protect your right to ride???? Whatev.

With the AMA in town, (Pickerington) have you (JO) had any contact with them while dealing with the OMA stuff? They have an "action page" on the website. Point me to the equine law you mention. I will do a little digging.

attachment_zps794df7fd.jpeg

I do know that over the years there were people who tried to sue George at Smith Road I was told the waiver always held up in court of course I could be wrong. I know apple Frank told us that usually a copy of the waiver shuts insurance companies that want to sue up. However as noted a sleazy and determined Lawyer can always find a way around things, and many times the cost to defend yourself is absolutely crazy! As Jeremy mentioned the biggest thing isn't the riders its the families and the insurance companies. When I was like 13, I was riding my 4-wheeler at home just around the yard with a friend on the back,we hit a rut, ended up getting tossed off and then run over by the quad, (the peril of quads, a bike just falls over when you wreck the quad chases you down and runs you over!) the girl ended up with a sprained/broken (can't remember which) wrist. Her parents insurance company sued my dads homeowners insurance. luckily it was a small claim but the point is the parents didn't want or ask for my dad to be sued the insurance company just did it.Also tresspassers can sue you as well so that's always nice....

With the AMA in town, (Pickerington) have you (JO) had any contact with them while dealing with the OMA stuff? They have an "action page" on the website. Point me to the equine law you mention. I will do a little digging.

I talked with them about District X being AMA and having our own place in the AMA, but told them at this time i didnt see any benefit to being apart of the AMA, and that it would be a tough sell for me to tell people they had to have it. Especially with this being the first year.

Don't think entirely so,.
I recall Diedre telling the wife and I it was insurance costs for open practice and low rider turnout.

But the lawsuit probably didn't help on the insurance premium?

Interesting Law. Maybe contacting Pat Tiberi (the state representative for Briarcliff's address.) wouldn't hurt. I find it interesting the AMA didn't offer any advantage for OMA or the track owner. Is there not "group" policies available under an AMA umbrella much like joining a BWC group? What about getting all the OMA tracks under one carrier? Just spit balling here.....

Darren

We have the otpion to purchase the same ins as AMA tracks, and its actually a little cheaper than if we would charter through AMA.

The AMA rep told me that we should run AMA events because they take the headache away from us in terms of rules, insurance, and they have a long standing tradition which will draw more people in. I disagreed respectfully.

Back