Practice Safety?

Remember district 11? Although D 11 for motocross is gone, all the tracks are staying AMA. That will not change ever. Too many tracks with long standing ties to the AMA. Plus DMC helps the AMA with vintage days, have two pro hillclimbs, etc. And they are the oldest AMA chartered club in the United States.

We have the otpion to purchase the same ins as AMA tracks, and its actually a little cheaper than if we would charter through AMA.

The AMA rep told me that we should run AMA events because they take the headache away from us in terms of rules, insurance, and they have a long standing tradition which will draw more people in. I disagreed respectfully.

Again, breaking off a phone call or email to Pat Tiberi's office explaining your problems won't hurt. (It impacts other businesses if you close, it affects his constituents, etc, etc) You mentioned in an earlier post about finding a lawyer that rides. My best friend is an attorney, (he does not ride) I will ask if he knows any attorneys that do. The AMA thing is interesting. Perhaps a well crafted letter to the editor in the magazine I get monthly is in order. I will start a draft... I am not really sure what good they do if they do not provide any benefits to the track owner...

The AMA establishes a rule book, classes, etc etc. I am sure JO would agree it probably has not been an easy task, and he probably took alot of his rules right out of the AMA rule book. It also give you some protection I would think having a major sanctioning body behind you if your sued. Because the AMA would obviously be named in the same suit, and I would think at that point you would have access to their legal counsel to represent you. Just my opinion, but I would think that OMA would have been better off being part of the AMA. They still would have the freedom to run whatever class structure the wanted to, but would have a sanction behind them.

The AMA establishes a rule book, classes, etc etc. I am sure JO would agree it probably has not been an easy task, and he probably took alot of his rules right out of the AMA rule book. It also give you some protection I would think having a major sanctioning body behind you if your sued. Because the AMA would obviously be named in the same suit, and I would think at that point you would have access to their legal counsel to represent you. Just my opinion, but I would think that OMA would have been better off being part of the AMA. They still would have the freedom to run whatever class structure the wanted to, but would have a sanction behind them.

I have been an AMA track, the only thing they are interested in doing is selling memberships and whether or not you pay the insurance. I seriously doubt they would even send a representative to court suit, that's what the insurance companies are for. Granted rules aren't easy, but nowhere near worth being AMA and forcing that membership on people. What's funny is they thought they would be taking the heat on rule making for us by being AMA, but guess who has to deal with the racers on their rules, any guesses??? Us.

Don't be fooled John, the AMA does as little as possible for tracks. Name one track they have saved from closing, name one track they have called to consult with about how racing is going, name one good thing they have implemented to make your race experience better. I have gotten two calls from the AMA in 8 years. One when I posted on here about outlaw or AMA back in 2006, and the second this past winter when we announced our plans. Why not in 2009-2011 when we chose not to charter again and run races??? Best damn track is in their backyard, not one call. From my perspective they could care less about Mx in ohio.

Good point. It is in their back yard for sure. And could be a great opportunity for them to do something right in their back yard.

I am a rider and i like riding. I have use motocross suit for riding and for safty. But i know we have not been racing as much as we used too.

Back