New 2014 YZ 250F and 450F

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 337
The plastic does not look at cool as the ones that were being raced in japan. Not sure why they are going back to the silver rims either.......The black seem to be the modern look at the moment. Not a fan of the shape on the side panels.

Seems like they did take some styling cues from Husqvarna! Seemed like people were looking for a radical redesign from Yamaha back to a more "normal" configuration on the 450 when they added all the same backwards engine tech to the 250F. They believe in their system and are going to keep refining it to get where they want to be, which is a statement to their belief in the new design and keeping it going and adding to it.

I like how the muffler is brought back and completely hidden behind the number plate, more 2 stroke looking. I have always hated the look of a massive muffler sticking out.

wow... bikes are starting to look so dumb. I think 2002-1012 were some of the best looking bikes, most brands. they are now starting to look very futuristic.

Would it cost the manufacturer more than 40 hours worth of pay to redesign the looks for the yz 250? Cut out the gas tank graphics and make it a shroud the whole way. the gas tank looks like absolute garbage after 2 rides. And aftermarket stickers never stick and bubble.....

Oh well, I'd imagine by 2015 these won't even be produced anymore.

Would it cost the manufacturer more than 40 hours worth of pay to redesign the looks for the yz 250? Cut out the gas tank graphics and make it a shroud the whole way. the gas tank looks like absolute garbage after 2 rides. And aftermarket stickers never stick and bubble.....

Oh well, I'd imagine by 2015 these won't even be produced anymore.

It would be nice to see some changes, but I guess we should just be glad they still made a 2 stroke.

You don't have to take seat off, the cap flips up. It's flush mounted into the front of the seat.....Seat and cap are seperate. Who knows maybe smashin the boys when you come up short on the jump is now a thing of the past...

So with confirmation of FI on the 250f... And a 2013 available now for $5G... Would you wait and pay $2500 more for the newer version?

Back