New Yamaha's

He failed to mention that 250 he got had mis matched bolts and was a nightmare all thanks to the previous owner....

I for one was happy that the 2 strokes stayed the same, makes mine better than a 14' IMG_0299.jpg

And I just don't care about 4 strokes.

He failed to mention that 250 he got had mis matched bolts and was a nightmare all thanks to the previous owner....

That thing was a mess big time.. but I was pretty pumped on it after I went through it. Then the chain broke, broke my collarbone, made me mad so i sold it, lol!!! This was PRE new restyled plastic lol...

photo.jpg

i do have a boner for the new plastic on a yz250. the gytr looks sweet. almost enough to pick up a cheap used one just to make it look pretty. then probably ride it once and sell it like everything else i do :-/

Ok isnt that the same damn aftermarket kit that Acerbis offers? How the hell can you add that plastic to the new line call it GYTR and mark it up another 400 lol. Granted it is an improvement but who is that dumb.

As for the look of the 4 strokes....yikes. Things look terrible IMO, and I'm a Yamaha fan! I thought the 2013 yz450f looked ugly but compared to the new line hell even those look good. Esp John's lol. Not sure what the design team was thinking??? Sub frame and numberplate look hideous.

I recall when I thought KTMS were the leader in producing hideous bikes. Now I think KTMS look the nicest and the other manufacturers are botching the designs...

I looked at these on the MXA site while on vacation, and I like them! I like the way the exhaust now wraps around the cylinder, not only does it make more sense from an engineering standpoint but I think it makes it look better by hiding the crooked cylinder a little. The popoff lid for the gas cap is pretty cool.

Also, they finally realized what Suzuki learned in 1983 -- plain flat air filters are not the hot setup. The new filter setup looks nice. Hopefully they fixed all the goofy handling issues!

if i would decide to buy a 14 450, this would be one of my top choices for sure. Suzuki didnt change a thing. Haven't heard much about Honda? Doesnt sound like they changed much at all either?

I can't believe how much I like my 13....I don't think it's nearly bad. I don't get where all these magazines rip on it so bad. I think with a little tweaking it'll be perfect...

I can't believe how much I like my 13....I don't think it's nearly bad. I don't get where all these magazines rip on it so bad. I think with a little tweaking it'll be perfect...

But have you tried it in seven gear or the Stewart answer collection, I heard that jacks up the suspension.......

Hey now, i'm not tryin to stay off two wheels......

btw........there's no GYTR model.....I was spoofing you all....

How many of you called a yamaha shop and asked them if there was gonna be a gytr model?

Back