New Yamaha's

Haha I did go to the Yamaha website and look for the 2014 GYTR model YZ250. It wasn't a total waste of time, I found out that Yamaha offers a GYTR gripper cover and seat bump. 2004 here I come!

I can't believe how much I like my 13....I don't think it's nearly bad. I don't get where all these magazines rip on it so bad. I think with a little tweaking it'll be perfect...

Because one guy......who used to supposedly be the fastest man on the planet says its bad......the internet blows up and says that the bike is horrible. Most of the guys that bitch about any bike at our level are full of s**t. I remember my dad years ago asking Brian Lunis what he thought he should do to my YZ 250. Brian asked what classes we rode, etc. and he told my dad, NOTHING. Said 99% of the world cant ride these bikes to the potential they have today.....and that is even 20 fold more today. I love how everyone thinks they need a pipe, or this or that done.........Ride the bike. It is all in your head you need all this stuff. Set the suspension up if your a buck 20 or if your 240..........but that's all you need to do.

Georgie, the new YZs are great bikes. I am not sure what people are complaining about. I went from the previous generation to mine, and really took me no time at all to get comfortable with it.

Im gonna have to spin a lap or two on georgies new steed. ive never ridden a new gen yam but ive been thinkin about one lately.

Well with the tuner tool you really don't need to buy sprockets or aftermarket pipes.......you can fine tune the bike with the tool....I may get a slip on exhaust because the stock one is so long I burnt the shiz out of my shoulder tightening the spokes at Smith road...

WAIT! I do have one serious complaint. The effing Gas tank. By the time you see the gas it's too dang late and its flowing all down your seat. How the heck do you guys fill the 13 yz's up without spilling gas by yourself? It's a 2 man job!

the tank sucks. I like to only fill the tanks sometimes as much as I need for a moto. With that tank you almost have to fill it up to make sure there is enough gas in the thing.

You get used to it. I could tell by the sound of it when to slow down on the fill and watch closer.

I still have my mapping tool in the garage......

The more I mess with this bike the more I like it.

To everyone in the world that gripes/hates on the airbox being up front.......wow is that so overly rated as BAD BAD BAD. I like it. The filter is bone dry after the pressure wash......6 bolts (including the two seat bolts) and flip up the gas tank on a hinge......there she is. Pop off the plastic air box cover (which was held on by 2 of the 6 bolts) and there she is a nice pressure tab holding a perfect flat air filter recessed into the airbox. I think it's an awesome design.

And you aren't scraping the airfilter on the sides of your dirty airbox and watching dirt fall into the bottom and sprikling into the boot.

Wish I would of bought a 2010 in '10, instead of listening to all the haters write articles on how terrible these bikes were. I like everything about the bike except still for the gas tank that you can't see how full it is, until it's almost too late. Don't blink.

Back