Battle 3 Moto Format at BC?

John250

PR Founding Father
40+ 5 laps. No sand bagging in sport for me. I may get my ass kicked in the vet class.....but I am not riding sport.

The one lap in the morning on sunday is not that big of a deal. JO, think outside the box, and do it! Then right to the racing by 9:00am. It is not that big of a deal.

RYDN25

PR Member
Already in the works, I have a quote.

A question for LL racers, are the bibs they use made of tyvek, or even the ones from the canam race?

The ones that they use for the CanAm race were not as nice as the LL bibs but they were still nice. Just simple cotton bibs. The had a vendor that put the names on the back at the track for an additional $5 bucks too...

Mosher

PR Founding Father
40+ 5 laps. No sand bagging in sport for me. I may get my ass kicked in the vet class.....but I am not riding sport.

The one lap in the morning on sunday is not that big of a deal. JO, think outside the box, and do it! Then right to the racing by 9:00am. It is not that big of a deal.

Now wait a minute....John259...don't be baggin' on my class....last week it had a former A rider and a guy who is probably 24 years younger than me in it (and maybe catching you from the second gate)...it's all I got until enough 50+er's show up (and I turn 50. of course).

John250

PR Founding Father
Yeah......the second moto I found myself on the ground in a corner. So 1st and 2nd did catch me!!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Ok, so I did some math on the 3 moto format. If you start racing at 9:30 Sat morning and you have 32 different classes that is 96 moto's (Me good at math) and if the average moto is 10 min long that is 975 min (add 5 min for each Pro moto). I am sure you have to have an intermission between moto 1 and 2 that that means moto one is done at 3pm. Half hour intermission until 3:30, race until 7pm that give you a total of 53 moto's done on Saturday...stay with me now... Sunday start at 9:30, another intermission after 32 moto's that puts you at 3pm again. another 11 moto's makes it finish at 5:30ish. Did I miss anything?

Long story longer... That is going to make for one long ass weekend if you are the last class.
Don't get me wrong, love the idea of 3 moto but you are going to have to combine some classes or the natives will get restless.

The bib is a "neat" idea but damn I hated wearing that bib, too HOT for another layer. Besides, don't copy something that is done by Satan (Coombs) come up with an original idea. How about boot gators with your number on them. Now that would bring me out of retirement for sure.

hershey

PR Elite
You did miss something sir........staggered gates.

the regionals at muddy creek and millville had 25 motos plus consi's I think. Done by 3pm sunday.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Ok, so I did some math on the 3 moto format. If you start racing at 9:30 Sat morning and you have 32 different classes that is 96 moto's (Me good at math) and if the average moto is 10 min long that is 975 min (add 5 min for each Pro moto). I am sure you have to have an intermission between moto 1 and 2 that that means moto one is done at 3pm. Half hour intermission until 3:30, race until 7pm that give you a total of 53 moto's done on Saturday...stay with me now... Sunday start at 9:30, another intermission after 32 moto's that puts you at 3pm again. another 11 moto's makes it finish at 5:30ish. Did I miss anything?

Long story longer... That is going to make for one long ass weekend if you are the last class.
Don't get me wrong, love the idea of 3 moto but you are going to have to combine some classes or the natives will get restless.

The bib is a "neat" idea but damn I hated wearing that bib, too HOT for another layer. Besides, don't copy something that is done by Satan (Coombs) come up with an original idea. How about boot gators with your number on them. Now that would bring me out of retirement for sure.

Yeah Chris, its been 18-24 gates at most races, better figure on 26-28 pending turnout.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I say first gate drop at 8am on Sunday. No need to piss around. Everyone will be there anyway. And besides people can sleep in if there moto is late in the order. 1 sight lap 730-7:50 ; first drop at 8am. Then stick to the tight ship.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
28 is good. that gets everyone done by 2:25 Good plan.
Still loving the boot gator idea.
How about a "sticker" like they use at a track meet or a marathon. Smaller and you can stick it on the back of your jersey or chest protector. Just an idea...but really... BOOT GATORS

nitrofish

PR Addict
28 is good. that gets everyone done by 2:25 Good plan.
Still loving the boot gator idea.
How about a "sticker" like they use at a track meet or a marathon. Smaller and you can stick it on the back of your jersey or chest protector. Just an idea...but really... BOOT GATORS
Are you talking boots made from gators or boot gaiters? I like both, I may wear my seal skinned boots.

John250

PR Founding Father
So are the Johnny O boot gators in your own personal collection?

Those were cool way before baggy pants........and no matter what Z man says, baggy pants were never cool.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
We are gonna shoot starting motos by 9:15, practice at 8. If we do our best, we should have most of the second motos in by 6.

trent56mx

PR Addict
I've only caught the last couple on this 10 page masquerade.

Planning on being there, regardless of format or laps.

Maybe in baggies, with no visor.

Hope my apathy was of great service. (Shrugs shoulders and walks out of room)