Loretta Lynn's Live Timing / Scoring link

So who we looking out for and/or rooting for? I am not who if anyone I know down there this week. Would like to act like I do to an extent. ;)

Scoob, from Original44's post on another Loretta's Thread, here are the Ohio Riders down there and their respective classes:

CADE CLASON Open Pro Sport & 250A
DYLAN WALKER Open Pro Sport & 450A
MARIO TESTA 250B Limited
TONY USKO 250B Limited
JORDAN WEBER 250B Limited & College Boy
AARON PLESSINGER 250B & 450B Limited
BRANDON LANDIS 250C Limited & 250C
AUSTIN MORRISON 450B
JOSH HILLIS 450C
CLINTON SCHAFFER Two Stroke
JARED THORNTON Two Stroke
RYAN BUCHANAN College Boy
DANIEL FRISTOE Vet 30 B/C & Senior 45
CHRISTOPHER OPLIGER Vet 30 B/C & Senior 40
RICHARD SILVERS Vet 30 B/C
JEFFREY PAPE Vet 35 & Senior 40
RANDY SALAMON Vet 35
JON AGIN Senior 40
David Jones Senior 40
David Hand Masters 50
PAXTON LIPINSKI 51 (4-6) Special Limited
AUSTIN WEINSZIEHR 51 (4-6) Special Limited
BRAYDEN WINSTEL 51 (4-6) Special Limited
NOAH SMITH 51 (4-6) Limited
LANDEN TOPOVSKI 51 (4-6) Limited
GARRETT BAKER 51 (7-8) Limited
MITCHELL ZAREMBA 51 (7-8) Limited
RYAN TALBOO 65 (7-9) Limited
W GAVIN SHADLE 85 (9-11) Limited
Michael Hand Super Mini (13-16)
CASSANDRA STEPHENS Girls (12-16)
KORIE STEEDE Girls (9-11)

Jon Agin is of course a BC Regular and does well every year down there from your neck of the woods. Rich Silvers, Randy Salamon, Dave Jones, Jeff Pape, Dave Hand, and Chris Opliger are all Northern Ohio guys in the Vet Classes that are Pitracer People. Mini's have some of our Northern Ohio people too with Mitchy Zaremba, Michael Hand, Garrett Baker, Ryan Talboo representing down there. Cade Clason from Medina made some waves last year in the four stroke class and is running Open Pro Sport and 250 A this year...... he lives at ClubMX and trains there with Zach Osbourne and others, he's FAST FAST, but is in the deep end of the talent pool at the ranch. Aaron Plessinger is Scott Plessinger's son (Former Factory KTM Off Road Star) and is running the "B" classes this year, he's always fast and runs well down at Lorettas, a little luck and he can do well there. Those are about the only people I can comment on as I don't know many of the others. But you always want to see Ohio guys do well......

Thanks man. Guess I knew more than I thought. Not as many as you, but now I know about more. Here we go! ;)

Robbie Reynard through down a lap 3 seconds faster than Tim Ferry in the +25 / +40 combined practice at the top of the chart. 2:02 on the first day when things are still peaky and built up......... that's a fast lap, Ferry was 3rd fastest of the session with a 2:05. Ohio Guys - Agin, Opliger, Silvers, and Pape all were in the 2:18 - 2:21 range for their fastest lap of the session. Doesn't mean much when you are learning the track and looking for lines etc., but a FAST Lap is a FAST Lap no matter how you cut it. Reynard must have his A game this year after riding with Canard, Bogle, and the rest of the Oklahoma boys getting ready this year.

I always liked Reynard...of course better in his Kawi days, but he seemed to get out of shape big time in recent years. Maybe he's in better shape. Of course, just about any shape can cut one fast lap. Saw Plessinger is 4th in his practice with a 1:58. Saw some down in the 1:51 to 1:52 range....

Did you see Ferry's bike? It was on Twitter I think. Full Factory look for sure...

In +35 practice, Reynard and Ferry turned fast laps again, with Reynard turning in a 2:00.6 to Ferry's 2:02.7...... 2 seconds a lap faster. Ferry was heading to Ryan Villopoto's house to train last week with the current big dog in the Nationals, while Reynard runs with Canard and Bogle all the time at his house or Canards house.

I think fastest lap of the whole week last year was in the 1:52 range when the track was beat in and prepped just right during the motos. It's running faster lap times than last year's practice times for sure this year. Funny thing about watching Reynard is that he doesn't even look like he's trying out there, he's so smooth and easy on the bike. The only way you can tell he's going fast is that he's getting away from the pack that looks like they are working their butts off and going FAST!

The Open Pro Sport class was up next and got a fastest lap of 1:56.3 for the fastest kid from California. Shane McElrath had a 1:58.0 lap and he was the fastest lap of the entire week last year and finished 3rd fastest in practice for the Pro Sport class. I would guess that we're looking at 1:49 range for the fastest lap of the week this year......

The Open Pro Sport class was up next and got a fastest lap of 1:56.3 for the fastest kid from California. Shane McElrath had a 1:58.0 lap and he was the fastest lap of the entire week last year and finished 3rd fastest in practice for the Pro Sport class. I would guess that we're looking at 1:49 range for the fastest lap of the week this year......

Without finding previous practice times, I would guess that the fastest kid from Ca was Thomas Covington, three time champion and always a contender. As much as I would love to see Shane win a title, it will be hard to stop Covington, he is on top of his game right now. But, as we know everything has to fall in place for three motos at the ranch.

bruce

Down at Loretta Lynn's for the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship to cheer on some old friends and new ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 296
Moto 1 down. 4 DNF's and the only OH guy came in 37th 1 lap down. MI guy won. They ran 8 laps. Are not all motos timed? Looking forward to this next one then I really need to start working...on actual work. Well, what they pay be for I mean...

The Red Dog takes it. Reynard fell off the pace big time in laps 8-10 after leading all of the race...while Ferry picked it up big time during that same period.

Top 3 were gone and the top 2 were even goner...

Pape 22nd and Salamon 35th.

Fast class there...

I think the AMA needs to do something about these ex-pros lining up to race against an am rider. I know they fit the class with age wise and they dont race anymore, but you know they have connections inside the industry and have bike set-ups that money cant buy. It would be fun racing these guys, but what about the people that want to try and win a title. They just dont seem to have a fair chance.

Life isn't fair though. Advantages will always be sought out. The working mans class is vet 30 BC and even that class is faaaasssst. People are so fast these days !

Papi score a 6th in 85 moto 1. That's awesome.

Back