Loretta Lynn's Live Timing / Scoring link

John250

PR Founding Father
It is called the Loretta Lynn's "Amateur" Nationals. Once you hold a full Pro license, just my opinion, but you don't belong in the Vet classes at the "Amateur" nationals either. If they want to make a class for them great, but they are not Amateurs.

Zman

PR Addict
Down at Loretta Lynn's for the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship to cheer on some old friends and new ones.

Place in an absolute monsoon. Place is filling up like a fish bowl. Hope they move us from our 11:30a... and live just in.. 1 hour time out due to rain....pouring!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
He is on a borrowed 2007. It is the boke he was practicing on at SoB while his 1985 was being built.
Unfortunately, the 1985 did take a dump (bearing) during practice on Monday.

bruce

Still impressive. Racing on hold now due to rain...

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Bummer for Jerry Robin's 1985 Honda, but great ride for him in any case to win a moto at Loretta Lynn's. Rain has been going hard down there today, and I'm sure the 50's will be pulled until later when the track is in better shape for them.

I was there in 1995 when a week full of rain cut the motos to only 2 moto format for the week based on the non stop monsoons. Hopefully the weather cooperates and they can get back to racing soon.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Bummer for Jerry Robin's 1985 Honda, but great ride for him in any case to win a moto at Loretta Lynn's. Rain has been going hard down there today, and I'm sure the 50's will be pulled until later when the track is in better shape for them.

I was there in 1995 when a week full of rain cut the motos to only 2 moto format for the week based on the non stop monsoons. Hopefully the weather cooperates and they can get back to racing soon.

I remember that........my cobra wouldn't move in that sludge.

Indefinite rain delay as of right now......

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
<iframe src="http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4689734/events/2260684/player?width=640&height=360&autoPlay=true&mute=false" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I remember that........my cobra wouldn't move in that sludge.

Indefinite rain delay as of right now......

We ran 2 moto's back in 1985 also. I fell in the first turn and my bike was completely under water. Came back to 4th. Damn that was serious mud.
Hope that does not happen again. Brace yourself, I am about to say something good about MX Sports... I do like the live streaming. Wish it was on for every moto. OK back to myself... AMA is the devil.
Lets start some cool rumors... "I heard they are going to build a track in the Amsoil arena and run all the second moto's in there.":p

John250

PR Founding Father
Seem to have less summer down pours in September. They should move the races back to end of September for LL. That also gets the qualifiers out of the spring rains and snow.

Starting @ 2pm with Vet 40 in the mud first moto.

50s at 6pm

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Seem to have less summer down pours in September. They should move the races back to end of September for LL. That also gets the qualifiers out of the spring rains and snow.

50s at 6pm

Will they post an updated race order/schedule?

ck1racerx

PR Addict

50s at 6pm

It would be nice if they would move it back to September but follow the money... New bikes release in late July... Plus, school starts in mid to late August so kids would miss to much school (except the "home schooled" kids)

Scoob

PR Founding Father
It would be nice if they would move it back to September but follow the money... New bikes release in late July... Plus, school starts in mid to late August so kids would miss to much school (except the "home schooled" kids)

Yep, pros and cons to everything there is... I think Loretta's has too many classes! They need someone to make up a new list of classes. Anyone have any ideas? Why do they have a 2-stroke class. Back in the day they didn't have a 4-stroke class. What gives? I'd like to get home before midnight on Saturday...blah, blah, blah... (ignore the dogg behind this message... He is being sarcastic and really doesn't care. ;))

loneranger171

PR Addict
How about jerry robin winning first two stroke race!! I'm sure there were some fast guys there and with newer bikes... I wonder if he is the first ever to win a moto on the oldest bike....

D

DTS

In the two stroke class he was riding a modded 2007 cr250. Today in 250B he rode his 1985 CR with a new crank from a parts bike. In 250B moto 1, he placed 9th. I hope there's some good videos of both classes

D

DTS

Oh yes!..And after all that rain that track was probably ugly. I'm looking forward to seeing his results after the next motos.

John250

PR Founding Father
Looks like Mitch got 22nd. Not a bad showing at all on a Muddy track I am sure. That thing dries out, I am sure he will do better. The little kid was flying when I saw him at Malvern and Chilitown.

Zman

PR Addict
Looks like Mitch got 22nd. Not a bad showing at all on a Muddy track I am sure. That thing dries out, I am sure he will do better. The little kid was flying when I saw him at Malvern and Chilitown.

Thanks John, yeah as all know this place can humble a rider in a minute.

The reality, breaking the top 10 in his class will be tough. These boys are hauling up front... The Bakersfield CA boys, Rentolds, Defrancesco,Blankenship flat out rip!

Mitchy was running 12th at the beginning, but went down. You hit the ground for a second down here and 8 riders go by. It was very muddy, They had to cut the back section out as it was under water. All in all, the boys up front are turning several seconds a lap faster than Mitchy. We will see what dryer conditions bring, but I think most of the nerves are out of his way so he should ride loose today. Need to stay up though. We beat a few of the kids that are just outside fhe top 10 at the regional. He knows he can do better..just needs to ride now and have fun. You need a start, to stay up, and some good old fashion luck. Just the way it goes at the ranch. At least dry conditions for the next 2 days.

Next moto is at 11:00a.. Back home time 12:00p. Took me awhile to get his bike clean last night..he is not like me.. Once off the track said he hated the mud.