OMA Fall GP Series

Mark - We already have a full plate, if the GPs become wildly popular, and the turnouts are off the charts, then yes, that is a possibility at that point. Right now, I think we need to pull back some, limit what we are doing and focus on good events. Adding another GP series would counter to that mindset. In other words, the jam is really thin, if it gets any thinner, your just eating bread!

Sounds like a plan!

I had a great time GPing at Fast Traxx today. They had a great turnout too. I didn't stay around for the festivities happening there this evening but I'll probably be back racing tomorrow. Fast Traxx and Action Sports really have the whole GP thing figured out. There may be a GP learning curve for the OMA tracks. A new organization taking on fairly new and unique racing discipline is admirable. Folks just need to get out and enjoy this new Fall series. But be ready to cut the promoters some slack if some learning occurs along the way. Should be fun. Can't wait!

Sounds like a plan!

I had a great time GPing at Fast Traxx today. They had a great turnout too. I didn't stay around for the festivities happening there this evening but I'll probably be back racing tomorrow. Fast Traxx and Action Sports really have the whole GP thing figured out. There may be a GP learning curve for the OMA tracks. A new organization taking on fairly new and unique racing discipline is admirable. Folks just need to get out and enjoy this new Fall series. But be ready to cut the promoters some slack if some learning occurs along the way. Should be fun. Can't wait!

Thats why we are greatful that drew is apart of our series , he brings experience to what we are doing in case we have questions. We plan to follow drews lead. Hes the man.

Just out of curiosity, how many were at Fasttraxx? Whats a "good" Gp turnout?

The number I just heard was 273 riders at FT yesterday. Would have been one more but I got there just 25 min before my 3:00 class so I only rode one...

The Fast Traxx facility is where the GP races began back when Drew had the place.

On the subject of not knowing, seems word of the OMA series hasn't gotten to many of the Southern Ohio GP regulars.

Have to say they are really fun. Laid back, but still tough racing. It's nice to be able to come back from a bad start sometimes too. MX skills come in handy on most GP tracks to any off-road haters. (I was one until I tried it!)

Never even knew that Fastraxx had GP's, I would have loved to hit one. Looks really fun!

Yeah, the first one Drew had there (then Action Sports) back in ???? was the one and only I have ever hit. I remember Michael Willard there on a KTM 125 I believe flat tracking the grassy open corners like no ones business. I, wait for it...., crash in both on...get this, the SX in one and about knocked the wind out of me on the MX track. :) Was a good day though. I did have fun. Always planned to hit another, but haven't as of yet. My buddies Chris and Brent I am thinking are gonna do a couple/few of these with me this year.

One question though, what's the start gonna be like? Drew has us do a dead engine strattle the front fender facing bike at the drop of the gate GO! start at the first one in yesteryear. It was kinda cool, but us short legged husky folk, it can be a challenge to kick it once and go. ;)

See y'all at one or two or a few.... :)

Dead engine flag drop starts just like the AS and FT videos in this tread are the norm now. I remember some crazy starting procedures back then. It has been almost ten years since the first one.

Dead engine flag drop starts just like the AS and FT videos in this tread are the norm now. I remember some crazy starting procedures back then. It has been almost ten years since the first one.

Advantage push button start...

A kick starter with the right technique is pretty quick on the dead engine start...now after I wash out at the 30 minute mark, please get me the e-start button. Okay I'm just jealous I don't have it on my YZ.

Neither does my 2005 KX300 smoker... ;)

Correct technique you say...does a 5'7" husky play into that technique? :)

Many stand on a block to start. Nothing quicker than a strong in gear kick on a two stroke. When it's right you are off before the kicker is off your boot. Even I could do it on a 250 but the 125 I'm on now just isn't strong enough to roll out with a rider who weighs more than his bike...

Help me with some ideas on the "start" for Malvern! Would like do something fun and a gate drop is a no go.

Back