Dirt World Track Changes????

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
So Jason and I are feeling like most people want change up at dirt world. Well throw in your suggestions now. We are revamping the track for their race next weekend. No stupid ideas like a quadruple dragons back step off into an alligator pit

ahhhh yes. been waiting for this for a long time. love it the way it is but its just been the same for too long.

I think everything is fine just change the first turn jump and maybe add a double after it. Leave the drag strip straight heading in the back.

Dont take out the double, Make the track longer if possible, put a longer face on the triple and add in soil mixture to make it not get so dry.

Direction changes may work for something different. The track is a blast as is.

Why isnt Shane the one posting about changes? Last time I talked to him about people talking change he said he had no want in changing it because then it wouldnt be Dirtworld? I understand people like different things but thats also why there are multiple tracks.

Change the direction. Backwards. Put some long rollers in the back straightaway. That way it's skillfully noticed when someone is hauling the mail. The straight away is too easy. And quite boring.

Fix the turn before the six pack. That corner sucks. It needs to be widened and it needs to have a definite inside track marked edge. If that makes sense.

Put a huge inside single in the corner after the big double and force people to maybe think about going outside. Right now the outside line is always just as groomed at 9pm as it was at 4pm. Force people to the outside. A monster single on the inside may do this. And extend the inside of the turn towards the outside possibly.

Change the start to just go blasting down the back stretch. It's too short right now and you got all that room on that side of the track.

Reason BC is liked so well it's always getting minor changes. Which will need to happen at dirtworld. But it needs an overhaul first. To resuscitate a once popular riding spot on Thursdays. The riders are still out there. They just need to be enticed to come.

finally the jump that everyone loved so much was taken from them at change of ownership. It was a single to a table with a nice floating take off. Now it's a double with a miserable landing that blows everyone suspension through the stroke no matter where you land.

@berk: Shane is a good guy. He's always busy and doesn't have time for computer. But I don't see why he wouldn't have an open ear to change.

Can't do backwards, and we really can't make it longer Kelly. We are working with the footprint that we have. All other suggestions are good. I have visions of a big off camber hip in a corner somewhere

Change the direction. Backwards. Put some long rollers in the back straightaway. That way it's skillfully noticed when someone is hauling the mail. The straight away is too easy. And quite boring.

Fix the turn before the six pack. That corner sucks. It needs to be widened and it needs to have a definite inside track marked edge. If that makes sense.

Put a huge inside single in the corner after the big double and force people to maybe think about going outside. Right now the outside line is always just as groomed at 9pm as it was at 4pm. Force people to the outside. A monster single on the inside may do this. And extend the inside of the turn towards the outside possibly.

Change the start to just go blasting down the back stretch. It's too short right now and you got all that room on that side of the track.

Reason BC is liked so well it's always getting minor changes. Which will need to happen at dirtworld. But it needs an overhaul first. To resuscitate a once popular riding spot on Thursdays. The riders are still out there. They just need to be enticed to come.

finally the jump that everyone loved so much was taken from them at change of ownership. It was a single to a table with a nice floating take off. Now it's a double with a miserable landing that blows everyone suspension through the stroke no matter where you land.

@berk: Shane is a good guy. He's always busy and doesn't have time for computer. But I don't see why he wouldn't have an open ear to change.

I'm not against minor changes at all and I was just saying what Shane has told a few of us before when people started talking about change. I was just throwing my two cents in either way I'm sure it will be good racing at DW like always.

The problem is he's not pulling enough riders to fund change. With help from Jeremy he could start pulling better turnout. And with a race coming up I think it would be enticing for racers to come see what all the track change fuss is about.

I have only been there once so my opinion my not matter but here goes...

I really like the uniqueness of the track. It's pretty good for having zero elevation change. I would modify the rhythm section in the middle. Jump faces are too close together, too short, too steep, and it doesn't flow well. That section is wide open in my opinion for some awesome change.

I like the fact there aren't any jumps in the sweeping back stretch, lends to the uniqueness. I would modify a couple of the 180 turns to entice different line choice. Just putting a hump on the inside doesn't always solve the problem, the outside needs to be modified to promote faster speed to equal the shorter distance traveled by the inside, positive camber on the outside.

I would add long rollers after the big double and after the finish line jump and possibly down the next straight also.

The track is just easy for racing. There isnt enough technical stuff to separate good riders from slower. Its just too hard to pass.

Like above take that middle section of jumps out and start over! Get rid of so many 180 and other tight turns to open up more lines!

The six pack used to be a section that you could really make up time in. Now almost everyone is close to the same speed through them. Not sure if they are shorter and steeper or what, but you used to be able to scrub them like crazy which was A. really fun and B. good to pass people.

As fun as the back section is I wouldnt mind some rollers to slow it down. Hitting a rev limitor on a 450 is sketchy going that fast lol... its just a highway and EVERYONE can go fast there. (which is why many like it, including myself, its fun because you can haul there)

Needs to be something to separate riders as Dave said. The double in the middle is classic and people will outrage if its changed. It also seems to have shrunk over the years. It could use a little face lift..maybe add some kinda roller before it so you cant hit it so fast... as it is now you could land 40 ft past the landing if you wanted.. same with the triple.. and the table before the triple...facelift!!

No Stacy. There should be a roller AFTER the double so you could make a knarly triple out of it.

why sketchy? a roller so if u come up short u dont wad. a few years ago at malvern, the jump thats after the triple just past the finish line.. i mentioned this idea to josh for that table top thingy before the down hill.. he put it in, only a handful of people did it, but it was fun and was still safe.. maybe we should bring that back mr rogers!

Back