Dirt World Track Changes????

adam63

PR Addict
I was thinking the same thing but on the lines of a just slightly smaller double after it with a landing about half the size of the first one. Then you (or someone) could triple and single (roller) out.

Imagine that on excite bike!!!!!!!!!!!

On the topic of the center rhythm section... how about a split section? Start the first jump about 20 feet farther out of the inside, and the same distance closer to the outside. Then of course with the timing correct one bike is in the air while the one beside it will be on the ground. The outside lane would end before the inside because it started before the inside.

Meister

PR Founding Father
who knew jo was such a pussy.. lol

you shoulda seen how high that jump at malvern shot ya when ya didnt let off all the way around the sweeper..

i think if u made a double after it, it could get sketch cuz if u overshot the triple. ouch.. just one roller about 4ft high..

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
who knew jo was such a pussy.. lol

you shoulda seen how high that jump at malvern shot ya when ya didnt let off all the way around the sweeper..

i think if u made a double after it, it could get sketch cuz if u overshot the triple. ouch.. just one roller about 4ft high..

Oh know you didn't .....,its on now

MX955

PitRacer Pro
Let Jason & JO loose,change is good! I'm sure they will come up with good stuff,look what they have done to Malvern & BC...I would like to see the big double stay because it is what Dirt World is known for but it needs fixed for sure.

MalvernMX

I don't think the big double is going anywhere, just going to give it a facelift. Looking at turning the double, double, double,double section in the middle into rollers. We will see what all gets reworked once we we get some dirt moving in the morning.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I'm thinking we move that landing down and out so that it makes sense for the run and take off. That jump is a DW staple.

MX315

PR Addict
Leave the double....I always thought a nice floater table after it would awesome....and the corner after put one of those inside mounds there so the outside gets used cause that turn is sweet.....triple could use a take off and landing OR turn it into a nice table or single to table.....the six pack do something really cool there you can do those with a 50.....and I don't know what the jumps are before the double put they suck big time so re do them or making something good......dirt world is a awesome place the way it is now...But does need to be freshened up.....good luck...you will either get bashed like crazy OR praised......lol I mean after all it is the Internet!!!!!!

MX724

PR Addict
I don't think the big double is going anywhere, just going to give it a facelift. Looking at turning the double, double, double,double section in the middle into rollers. We will see what all gets reworked once we we get some dirt moving in the morning.

Ive ridden Dirtworld many times over the years. Ive always thought some rollers would be better suited where the doubles are. So I like Jason's idea. I think a few turns could be a bit wider/also create inside outside options is a good idea. I personally wouldn't touch the back section. Like Crute said, not many places have a fast straight, and I like that fast straight. I could see making a different jump instead if that small table after you make the back corner tho. Maybe just make it a tad bigger and move it closer to the corner and make it like a hip jump. I think the double is fine the way it is the take off landing and transition all seem pretty good to me. Maybe grade out the landing a little bit for guys who want to shoot out a bit further.

MX315

PR Addict
Just watched thevyoungstown mx vid they have like a single into a jump on jump off that looks amazing.......replace the triple with this!!!! Good luck guys lol

fmxpaul

PR Addict
Everything at DW has gotten smaller over the years. The rhythm section, the double- everything. I have video of that track when ALL the jumps hit sweet, had perfect transitions and you really had to be on your game to "clean" everything on the track. The jumps were faced and steeper. Now it's too easy. Everyone jumps every jump, every lap and the freeway sections are fun but if we want to drag race amateurs, we can go to Norwalk. Whomever it was that said "the jumps were too steep, too close together and didn't flow", needs to stay their ass at Smith road and not screw with Dirtworld.

Just like Crute & Lott said- Facelift the place, don't mess with a formula that has worked for years. Just fix it, make the triple an actual triple again, steepen up and make everything a little taller and by all means, do not take out the big double and no way should you run it backwards, that's retarded.

adam63

PR Addict
Whomever it was that said "the jumps were too steep, too close together and didn't flow", needs to stay their ass at Smith road and not screw with Dirtworld.

It was me! Who appointed you the new dictator of Dirtworld? How old are you, 3? My guess is if you work on your personnel communication skills and reading comprehension you will have a lot less stress in your life and be much happier. Oh ya, and you won't need to slash your tires!

If you think that center section of doubles flows well... I don't believe you understand the meaning of flow!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Between Jason and Jeremy, they know how to build a fun track. Just do what you do.
Yes, Dirt World could use a face lift. Nothing too crazy, but a little up-date.

But Please, Please, Please Change the first turn. It doesn’t work well.

Kovatch

PR Member
DW had their massive rhythm section of 5 - 7 doubles in the middle (circa 2004)? Why are all our tracks switching double-double-double rhythms to roller sections or just flat out adding rollers? Did I miss a few years of riding? Is there no such thing as a double double section now? BC switched to rollers, Malvern has the rollers, & potentially rollers at DW? Even at Loretta's the 10 Commandments are what 7 sissy built rollers? Where's the skill in that? Blitz them and triple out. There's no other rhythm section at the track if you change the doubles to rollers. I may be a dying breed, but I still like having jumps for a rhythm sections: double triple double ..... or making a triple triple double, etc.

MX724

PR Addict
Whomever it was that said "the jumps were too steep, too close together and didn't flow", needs to stay their ass at Smith road and not screw with Dirtworld.

Paul I think he was just referring to the doubles in the middle lol. I would have to agree. Faces are to steep and short for as close as they are to one another...it is almost like you have to slow down a bit. The first one isnt bad but the next 2 are just weird. Its the transition and the spacing.

Bill480

PR Addict
DW had their massive rhythm section of 5 - 7 doubles in the middle (circa 2004)? Why are all our tracks switching double-double-double rhythms to roller sections or just flat out adding rollers? Did I miss a few years of riding? Is there no such thing as a double double section now? BC switched to rollers, Malvern has the rollers, & potentially rollers at DW? Even at Loretta's the 10 Commandments are what 7 sissy built rollers? Where's the skill in that? Blitz them and triple out. There's no other rhythm section at the track if you change the doubles to rollers. I may be a dying breed, but I still like having jumps for a rhythm sections: double triple double ..... or making a triple triple double, etc.

You still ride?? I'm assuming you're Matt?

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Never been to DW, but im Kovatch on the roller situation. And the rollers tracks have are like G'd out straight aways. There not even rollers. I wanna hit some pro-level s**t (at a slow pace of course) cause ill be the first to tell you im slow on anything that is really technical, but I enjoy riding it alot. Big, Deep, Sandy, Nasty rollers. Im talking cut the mini's out around them they are so nasty. Something that looks like 15-20 singles in a row. Fast dudes can just all out triple, quad, double, blitz them whatever need be that lap. And the slow guys can just bitch and watch in amazment.

Matter of a fact, make it a split lane.. Two hundred foot tables back to back on one side, or a two hundred foot roller section on the other..

A few years ago malvern had this roller section that was super sick and it only lasted like three weeks. I highsided and wadded up on them, but you felt like a badass if you made it through smooth. One of those moments, where you look to the sidelines to see if anyone was watching.

Build em huge and they will come.

DirtworldMX

PR Addict
Dirt is being moved guys! Come out and check it out tomorrow 4 pm til dark. Bikes only $25 per rider. It's looking nice over there was there earlier around noonish. The guys are kicking ass and taking names!! Can't wait to see it tomorrow!! :) I may just have to squeeze a stop at the track on my way to work!!

Tiffany