Dirt World Track Changes????

six pack should stay, revamp the finish line table, huge rollers down the back straight, double before big double to slow u down, and revamp big double, its smaller than it used to be, small obstacle after that to slow u down, make the table before the triple bigger, reface the triple, boom done. ill still support dw no matter what they do.

And men say that women complain a lot. Geesh guys make up your mind, you want changes, changes are made and then it's not right. Can't we all go ride and try it out before we start whining and complaining. Rollers can be challenging and fun. It can be a way to make up ground if you find the right line through them.

Everything should just be flat and wide open. No jumps, No ruts, flat corners, no classes, wave stage starts, and a 30 minute moto.

Fastest lap times start at the back, slowest at the front. 5 dollars to enter, winner takes home all. O ya, mixed gas only!!! :cool:

Everything should just be flat and wide open. No jumps, No ruts, flat corners, no classes, wave stage starts, and a 30 minute moto.

Fastest lap times start at the back, slowest at the front. 5 dollars to enter, winner takes home all. O ya, mixed gas only!!! :cool:

Nice!

Some people don't like obstacles that offer option lines throughout. Most sissies like a not-so-challenging track. Rollers are just too challenging for some. IT's not that they suck......it's that they're difficult and tire you out. The people that are physically fit, or find an awesome smooth rhythm through are the only ones that aren't griping about them at the end of the day.

Malverns roller section. Huge, sandy like.....tires you out like a mo-fo....You either make up a ton of time or lose a ton. Get complacent and they bite you in the ass and you find yourself on the ground. That's motocross. Sissies.

Some people don't like obstacles that offer option lines throughout. Most sissies like a not-so-challenging track. Rollers are just too challenging for some. IT's not that they suck......it's that they're difficult and tire you out. The people that are physically fit, or find an awesome smooth rhythm through are the only ones that aren't griping about them at the end of the day.

Malverns roller section. Huge, sandy like.....tires you out like a mo-fo....You either make up a ton of time or lose a ton. Get complacent and they bite you in the ass and you find yourself on the ground. That's motocross. Sissies.

I agree 100% with that, i dont like them bc im outa shape, but they r fun! And one hell of a challenge.

Are people seriously complaining about rollers? Man, some of these people are babies. It's motocross. The promoters are allowed to build rollers. It's certainly not a deal breaker. If that is seriously the sole reason not to go to a track, then you may need to re-evaluate why you ride mx. Let's all just breathe in and out a few times. Give these guys a chance. It will be ok to go through a set of rollers, I promise.

I did re-evaluate why I race/ride MX when my Achilles was pulled out from my calf & the 6 months of blood thinners/diet changes from multiple blood clots that neared my heart after surgery. All from a jump I landed wrong. I can no longer be a die hard. I ride tracks I like. Whether it's the flow or the challenges, but I don't find rollers to be a fun, flowing challenge. I prefer a rhythm of doubles, triples, etc. That's all. I'll continue to ride, and ride when/where I can.

It's not going to matter what Dirt World does if nobody shows up. Most practices have been unfortunately averaging right around 25 riders, that's all. If that continues, I'm sure that Dirt World's gates will be locked for good. Then we will all lose and we will have nobody but ourselves to blame.

It's not going to matter what Dirt World does if nobody shows up. Most practices have been unfortunately averaging right around 25 riders, that's all. If that continues, I'm sure that Dirt World's gates will be locked for good. Then we will all lose and we will have nobody but ourselves to blame.

Mike is tired of running dirtworld. So I think if Shane doesn't re-lease the land and continue to run the track it's gonna be a nice hunting area. Riders gotta show. Promoters can't lose money to provide a track. Can't blame Shane for not resigning the lease. The rider turnout up here in NE Ohio isn't what it used to be. 2015 there won't be a dirtworld.

The real reason rollers exist was posted somewhere in this thread. "It's easy for track owners". Sure- you can make the rocks & trees challenging if you're in the mountains of PA, but what in the hell would you want that for? We have sure- "been spoiled" over the years but the bottom line is that most local tracks are weak. Tracks need to be scary but safe. A thin line? Yeah but one of the reasons that we walk it, is because it gives us, as riders- things that you cannot get anywhere else.
I don't have footage from 03-04 when this track was crisp, sharp and peakier than it is in this video but you will get the point- Dirtworld with rollers should be called what it truly is- A memory...

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aVnXkvgI7f0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love the old stuff! What a bunch of goons we were....

Agreed. But they sure knew how to build tracks.

I know there is one track that has been building the best stuff and continues to this day. Should have had an LLQ years ago.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ey29iqzZo6E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the track looked like that today, it would get crucified. See the dust rolling around? Now we're so damn picky as riders. Maybe the jumps were nicer, but the dirt was barren........

If everyone wants this track to survive i'll start a paypal account and let's see if anyone that bitches about how the track "used to be" would donate to shane so he could rent a dozer and put JO on it for a weekend. Oh no we can't do that. Economy is too bad....we will just go somewhere else and let our local tracks die.

If you look at the date- it was a freak opening in November. Usually closed for the year, they opened up for a practice. Nobody cared if it was prepped, we got to ride in the beginning of winter. That wasn't peak season, Dirtworld always had mint prep.

Classic beans video..... I remember that layout... I will never forget first time I hit the tunnel jump.... Made myself jump it ten times in a row after wards.... Flash forward to today and since I haven't jumped it in a couple years I am back to being nervous about it.... Lol

Back