Dirt World Track Changes????

Well we didn't get as much accomplished as we would have liked but we got the entire double, double, double section changed. The big double got a facelift. Shane lined up a big 750 Deere dozer but unfortunately in didn't show up so we made due. This is a good start to the changes to come.

How the hell are there five pages of rage and suggestions for the place.....But not ONE review of the changes!!!!

DW had their massive rhythm section of 5 - 7 doubles in the middle (circa 2004)? Why are all our tracks switching double-double-double rhythms to roller sections or just flat out adding rollers? Did I miss a few years of riding? Is there no such thing as a double double section now? BC switched to rollers, Malvern has the rollers, & potentially rollers at DW? Even at Loretta's the 10 Commandments are what 7 sissy built rollers? Where's the skill in that? Blitz them and triple out. There's no other rhythm section at the track if you change the doubles to rollers. I may be a dying breed, but I still like having jumps for a rhythm sections: double triple double ..... or making a triple triple double, etc.

Exactly. What is with the roller craze?

Where are the pictures? We need pictures!!!!!

i was there on saturday, the changes are now a roller section in place of the 6 pack, along with a smaller face on the double out of that section, after the finish line table the face of the single is a bit bigger, in place of the small double into the corner before the big double is now a roller, other than that, thats about it. the face of the big double needs to be fixed soon, i stopped riding around 6 by that time there was ruts at the top and you could start to see cracking in the dirt at the top of the face (to me it looks like dirt is starting to break down or to dry and no longer is packed) i've ridden dirt world since mike ran it and i have never seen the face look like that. it may be time for a facelift there. i would agree that dirt world needs an overall face lift, the table before the triple i think needs to be longer considering the run up to it and maybe something after the double. other than just some up keep and throw a change here or there.

I was there saturday too, the changes were mild from when i was there last year. I talked to Shane on the way out and made a suggestion of peaking up the face of the triple but other than that it was great! That place has a great flow to it, good
dirt and I can actually use 4th gear more. The rollers were ok but the face of the double after them needed to be a little bigger. Overall it was really good!

That six pack was a staple. :(

The rollers are cool to seperate riders on long straightaways. Maybe I can get up there this week and see how the track is.

Nope. I'm not Matt. Sorry.

I see there are more rollers.. wonderful. Scratch DW off the list to go race. Every track is becoming the same. Rollers, rollers, and more rollers.

Well from a track builders perspective rollers are great. Easy to maintain, fairly safe, as safe goes in this sport. Plus they beat the crap out of boring straights. I can see where if over done they can be a drag, but not always. Not every obstacle can be a big table or double.

I will agree with everyone somewhat, this has been the year for rollers. Maybe next year will the year of the dragon!

Well from a track builders perspective rollers are great. Easy to maintain, fairly safe, as safe goes in this sport. Plus they beat the crap out of boring straights. I can see where if over done they can be a drag, but not always. Not every obstacle can be a big table or double.

I will agree with everyone somewhat, this has been the year for rollers. Maybe next year will the year of the dragon!

Who cares if there are a lot of rollers going in? I agree that the six pack has been a staple for years, but the 6 pack that was 8 yrs ago and the six pack that was current up untill the most recent changes was a sad excuse for a 6 pack. They just were not that fun and always felt like you were slowing down or over jumping them.

Im all for any change as it keeps it interesting for us riders. I applaud the efforts of the builders, knowing that you can never make everyone happy, yet they still try. Also I think these guys listen to the riders so if next year everyone hates the changes I'm sure they will try again. It is an ongoing thing, requires feedback and trial an error. Just be appreciative that they even bother at all! Thanks DW, Jeremy and Jason for your efforts.

not to bring any other track into it, but i raced at tv land yesterday. not sure how long the section has been there, but there is a nice little section of doubles/rollers whatever you want to call them. The way they are set up was a LOT of fun. Kind of enter them around a turn with a little drop off going into them.. could single in then double through, or jump off of them and double in. I want to go back to see if you can triple in or through them at all.. didnt feel like trying that on race day lol..

The rollers at malvern are pretty big and can be kind of challenging, dont mind those so much.

But just little easy rollers = super boring. I like the kind that seperate riders and make a man outta ya. Pin it, stay on top, and get through them, or let offf and get swallowed up and have to roll through them. That is fun.

You won't build the englishtown dragon back........you could use another pond.......

maxresdefault.jpg

Look at those crazy lighting rigs on that 650H. Oh I could build that and then people would bitch because its too tall.

I see there are more rollers.. wonderful. Scratch DW off the list to go race. Every track is becoming the same. Rollers, rollers, and more rollers.

That takes it off my list for this upcoming race. Another track bites the dust... Rollers SUCK and you can't sugar coat it any other way. Make them JUMPS or make them Whoops but rollers are for kids on 65's. Lame. WNY is the destination instead.

(and just to prove I don't always condemn changes, Beans road front section this year, is fantastic. They know how to build jumps that are tasty)

Are people seriously complaining about rollers? Man, some of these people are babies. It's motocross. The promoters are allowed to build rollers. It's certainly not a deal breaker. If that is seriously the sole reason not to go to a track, then you may need to re-evaluate why you ride mx. Let's all just breathe in and out a few times. Give these guys a chance. It will be ok to go through a set of rollers, I promise.

That takes it off my list for this upcoming race. Another track bites the dust... Rollers SUCK and you can't sugar coat it any other way. Make them JUMPS or make them Whoops but rollers are for kids on 65's. Lame. WNY is the destination instead.

(and just to prove I don't always condemn changes, Beans road front section this year, is fantastic. They know how to build jumps that are tasty)

You lost me, are you talking about my race or shane's this weekend?

Are people seriously complaining about rollers? Man, some of these people are babies. It's motocross. The promoters are allowed to build rollers. It's certainly not a deal breaker. If that is seriously the sole reason not to go to a track, then you may need to re-evaluate why you ride mx. Let's all just breathe in and out a few times. Give these guys a chance. It will be ok to go through a set of rollers, I promise.

It's not that they added rollers.. it's that they took out the 6 pack and replaced it with rollers.

Back