Thanks OBAMA!

My insurance will almost double. 1200 employees taking early retirement. Most not eligible are being cut. The lucky ones who stay employed will get a 10% pay cut. I'm dropping my insurance because I can't afford "affordable care". Change you can believe in. Thanks President Hussein!

My insurance won't be cheaper from the government.

Next thing on the list is for big employers to say: hey go get govt insurance. We can't offer it anymore. Hope you don't end up on the other side of the bed doctors, nurses, pharmacists. It will wipe you out.

And the insurance companies are loving the fact that they can raise rates.

They have to in order to pay for the now mandatory coverages and to cover the increased costs from those who were previously not covered due to health reasons. Have to offset the additional claims. Nothing is free and Obamacare is not affordable. I'm an insurance agent and losing my health insurance as well due to Obamacare and not being able to keep my existing plan. Out of the estimated 19 million that are insured, 16 million are losing their existing plan.

What I am saying is if they need a 10% increase to stay whole, or profitable, I bet they are at 10.85% or something to hedge their bet. ( I would)

They have to in order to pay for the now mandatory coverages and to cover the increased costs from those who were previously not covered due to health reasons. Have to offset the additional claims. Nothing is free and Obamacare is not affordable. I'm an insurance agent and losing my health insurance as well due to Obamacare and not being able to keep my existing plan. Out of the estimated 19 million that are insured, 16 million are losing their existing plan.

My insurance won't be cheaper from the government.

Next thing on the list is for big employers to say: hey go get govt insurance. We can't offer it anymore. Hope you don't end up on the other side of the bed doctors, nurses, pharmacists. It will wipe you out.

Companies that do not care about you or if you quit will do that. Good employers will find a way to take care of you. I hope I can.

Many of you know where I work, but for those who don't let's just say I work for a huge corporation.

We previously had approx 8 choices for health care, I have chosen the High Deductible Health Savings Account plan for several years. Per pay cost is $23.57 and company also puts an employer contribution of about $20 per pay into my HSA account. I also put into my HSA per pay as before tax deduction. My coverage has 1,250 deductible.

For 2014 they have gotten rid of all but two choices for health care, and both are high deductible plans. For me, not so bad because I have already been using it for years, but most people do not, and they are freaking out. My coverage and deductible will stay basically the same, but my per pay cost increases to $43.85 and the employer contribution is about half.

I'm sure many people would love to have it as good as I currently do and still will. Even at approx 60% increase mine is still "affordable" so I guess that's a win for the Affordable Care Act, lol.

I just completed my yearly enrollment. We were bought out last year by a mega-corporation. I was forced to switch from an HRA, which I liked, to the HSA. My monthly contribution will be $84. My deductable will be $6550. My total out-of-pocket will be $12,800. My rates have increased significantly over the last 3 years or so, but this increase is huge.

From what I have read on the employer mandate penalty, it's only a $2000 annual penalty per employee if a company decides to drop health care benifits.

And when you tally up the savings of how many employees they'll terminate who actually work in and handle their health and welfare case and claims, and all other administrative cost associated with offering health care plans, it won't be long that they all will be dropping employer paid benefits.

They'll pay the $2K penalty and be saving money and boosting corporate balance sheets.

I would bet that if you dug deep enough you will find a trail of corporate dollars at work through lobbiest in Washington who have been butterring up politicians for years now to make this happen.

I would bet that if you dug deep enough you will find a trail of corporate dollars at work through lobbiest in Washington who have been butterring up politicians for years now to make this happen.

NO! Stop it, that couldn't happen, could it?

Being a self employed contracted employee I have to carry my own insurance. My wife is covered by her employer, and it was cheaper for me and my kids to get our own policy than to go on their group policy. I am with Medical Mutual. I pay $445 a month for a $2500 HSA for me and three kids. It is going up to $489 if I renew before the end of the year (which I will). If I wait, I then have to have things included in my policy that I have no need for. I looked up similar coverage on the exchange, and it was going to be $796 for me and three kids. Affordable huh! And Obviously I don't qualify for any govt. Subsidy on the exchange.

Employers are being hit with increased renewals. Many were offered deals if they renewed early prior to 01/01/2014. All the carriers are showing employers the increases caused by the ACA. It is pretty much a 6% increase to cover the administration cost for ACA. before you even start talking about any thing else.

Most uninsured americans will pay the $95 penalty this year is my guess.

Being a self employed contracted employee I have to carry my own insurance. My wife is covered by her employer, and it was cheaper for me and my kids to get our own policy than to go on their group policy. I am with Medical Mutual. I pay $445 a month for a $2500 HSA for me and three kids. It is going up to $489 if I renew before the end of the year (which I will). If I wait, I then have to have things included in my policy that I have no need for. I looked up similar coverage on the exchange, and it was going to be $796 for me and three kids. Affordable huh! And Obviously I don't qualify for any govt. Subsidy on the exchange.

Employers are being hit with increased renewals. Many were offered deals if they renewed early prior to 01/01/2014. All the carriers are showing employers the increases caused by the ACA. It is pretty much a 6% increase to cover the administration cost for ACA. before you even start talking about any thing else.

Most uninsured americans will pay the $95 penalty this year is my guess.

You do realize that after jan 1 14 that if your wife has ins offered through her work and it is deemed "affordable" by gov standards that you and your children will not be eligible to buy your own insurance from the market place? You will only be able to purchase it through a provider independently from the market.

The $95 "tax" not penalty.... will increase each year to where it is no longer affordable that way.

The $95 "tax" not penalty.... will increase each year to where it is no longer affordable that way.

Individuals who don’t obtain coverage (and are not exempt from the individual mandate) are subject to a fine of $95 for an individual or 1% of family income, whichever is greater. In 2015, the penalty increases to $325 per adult, or 2% of family income, whichever is greater. The law does not provide for increases after that.

Employers are being hit with increased renewals. Many were offered deals if they renewed early prior to 01/01/2014. All the carriers are showing employers the increases caused by the ACA. It is pretty much a 6% increase to cover the administration cost for ACA.

Ours indexed up 9.5% for 2014.

Well found out today that my coverage for my employees is going up 19% this year, thats better than every year since he passed ACA.

You do realize that after jan 1 14 that if your wife has ins offered through her work and it is deemed "affordable" by gov standards that you and your children will not be eligible to buy your own insurance from the market place? You will only be able to purchase it through a provider independently from the market.

Not the case. I can keep my individual policy for me and the kids. I do not have to go to hers or the exchange.

OK, How do we change it? How do we change the government?

Voting does not work. No one gets into the White house country club unless they are brainwashed, controlled and invited.

Im not talking a revolution or war, or even any type of violence.
Somehow we have to make it cool to have a job and pay our own way. Also help others, but not support them forever.

Stop paying taxes? How about religion. I have a small ministry that is tax exempt and everyone that is part of my church is my sub-contractor.
so...When I do your job you pay my tax exempt church and I keep it all except what I pay you. The Amish kind do it. I can grow a beard!

We need to stop paying them! They are supposed to be public servants with jobs to support themselves and be president and congressmen and representatives because they love our country. NOT cause they want a job as king crap to feed there ego.

Back