Thanks OBAMA!

OK, How do we change it? How do we change the government?

Voting does not work. No one gets into the White house country club unless they are brainwashed, controlled and invited.

Im not talking a revolution or war, or even any type of violence.
Somehow we have to make it cool to have a job and pay our own way. Also help others, but not support them forever.

Stop paying taxes? How about religion. I have a small ministry that is tax exempt and everyone that is part of my church is my sub-contractor.
so...When I do your job you pay my tax exempt church and I keep it all except what I pay you. The Amish kind do it. I can grow a beard!

We need to stop paying them! They are supposed to be public servants with jobs to support themselves and be president and congressmen and representatives because they love our country. NOT cause they want a job as king crap to feed there ego.

Here's the plan...

1376422257_stretch.png

Well found out today that my coverage for my employees is going up 19% this year, thats better than every year since he passed ACA.

That's hilarious. That's exactly how much mine has gone up. 14% increase last year (after which of course they told us up to 6% in November, come january 1st we got the "oh it's actually 14%" Sorry. Now this year it's, january 1st benefits are going up 5%. 19% increase.

If your argument is it's a volenteer army, then your job is volenteer as well.

Hopefully I read it wrong and that isn't your justification for how badly we have been treated.

I meant that it is horrible our volunteer army has it terribly. But our elected officials are riding the gravy train.
gravy-train.preview.gif

Well got all my info today. My coverages didn't change, employer HSA contribution for my plan also did not surprisingly, but for myself my per bi weekly pay cost went from $66 to $91, so up by $50 per month. GAY!!!! I have a 1250 deductable.

I can take the lower plan with a $1500 deductable, it pays 5% less (20 vs 15) but would only be $56 / pay but with no hsa. Have to do the math on that to see how it all works out as to what will benefit me the most in each scenario. Either way $180 a month is sucky.

You have to go with a plan that pays 100% after the deductible.
Like $3,000.00 or something like that.

If you fall into a 80/20 situation and have a major medical claim.....You are homeless.
They do not charge you 20% of their rate. You get charged 20% of list!

Take the higher deductible.

If you fall into a 80/20 situation and have a major medical claim.....You are homeless.

While I agree with above,

They do not charge you 20% of their rate. You get charged 20% of list!

this is not typically the case. Just as during the deductible period, the rates
will be the same as the insurance pays, even in an 80/20 situation. In the days
before Obamacare, this would limit out at $1m or something, depending
on your insurance. Then you'd be looking at list price instead of the
insurance negotiated price. But that is no longer true.

That cap removal is one of the reasons insurance rates have gone up.

Well got all my info today. My coverages didn't change, employer HSA contribution for my plan also did not surprisingly, but for myself my per bi weekly pay cost went from $66 to $91, so up by $50 per month. GAY!!!! I have a 1250 deductable.

I can take the lower plan with a $1500 deductable, it pays 5% less (20 vs 15) but would only be $56 / pay but with no hsa. Have to do the math on that to see how it all works out as to what will benefit me the most in each scenario. Either way $180 a month is sucky.

Stacy.......you should see some of the health plans I see at employers daily. $1250 deductible $180 a month......consider yourself lucky. I have seen MUCH MUCH worse.

I guess to be clear.. I didn't mention before. Part of my increase is due to a promotion / pay change from last year that puts me in a new bracket.

So if I stayed in same bracket I would be right around a 19% increase which seems pretty consistent with people, but now that it's time for reenrollment I'm getting hit with next bracket rates plus the increase.. So double ouch for me next year.

I don't have an option that pays 100%. I have 3. A middle level plan that pays 85/15.. 1250 ded. Or one paying 80/20 with a 1500 ded. for $65 a pay Or a ppo plan paying 90% after $500 ded. But itd cost me $142/pay.

Not sure what to do. The middle plan pays $15/pay employer cont into my hsa.

Its real easy to "think" you have it figured out by looking at rates but when you take into consideration that its pre tax.. It changes the numbers quite a bit. I always try to do all the math to see what is going to put the most $ in my pocket/hsa every month. Not sure if its better to put more in hsa and go with the cheapest plan.. Or keep the middle plan and let them put the $15 into it.

This s**t gives me a headach every year haha

I have said before, I am one of the few that actually will benefit from this change in one way. I have no cap anymore. My rates should go down a hair.
(from the 130% increase I have had over the past 3 to 4 years)

But...maybe I missed this.(deductible rate) when we where 80/20 paying the bills we compared what we paid to what the insurance had to pay and it was different. We got hosed!

( I wrote some big checks that year)

Georgie posted some rates of the same exact procedure costs for like 4 different hospitals and I think the swing was in the 10's of thousands of dollars.

While I agree with above,

this is not typically the case. Just as during the deductible period, the rates
will be the same as the insurance pays, even in an 80/20 situation. In the days
before Obamacare, this would limit out at $1m or something, depending
on your insurance. Then you'd be looking at list price instead of the
insurance negotiated price. But that is no longer true.

That cap removal is one of the reasons insurance rates have gone up.

Here we GOOOOOOO!

My first employee..... She is no longer covered by her husbands company. Now it is on me.......

Where as, I cant do that to my guys it would not be cool to drop their families coverage.

Obama. nice work. now go screw yourself. Oh thats right , our government only screws us!

So I'm in the hospital today. Ruled out pneumonia, going with asthma exacerbations but I can't breath even with treatments. I'm on steroids out the wazoo. I'm short of breath laying in this bed with 110 beat per minute Heart rate. An 80/20 plan would wipe me the **** out. Excuse my French. There goes my heart rate.

I'm 26 years old and this s**t does happen. Maximize your coverage where you can. All this bitching about a 19% raise. It's Pennies on the Tens of thousands of dollars once your actually admitted.

So I'm in the hospital today. Ruled out pneumonia, going with asthma exacerbations but I can't breath even with treatments. I'm on steroids out the wazoo. I'm short of breath laying in this bed with 110 beat per minute Heart rate. An 80/20 plan would wipe me the **** out. Excuse my French. There goes my heart rate.

I was just on the Obamacare site. I got a quote, but could not find the coverage. any idea where they tell you?

I hope you get feeling better. after you answer my question you should stop reading my posts for a while. For that advice you do not need a prescription and it is on the house!!

Doctor D-ave

Guys....

I'm 26 years old and this s**t does happen. Maximize your coverage where you can. All this bitching about a 19% raise. It's Pennies on the Tens of thousands of dollars once your actually admitted. Dont gamble with health insurance. It's not just for our broken bones from riding. That's cheap. All these tests they're running on me now is what is expensive. Broken Bone is cut and dry. Cheap.

Guys....

I'm 26 years old and this s**t does happen. Maximize your coverage where you can. All this bitching about a 19% raise. It's Pennies on the Tens of thousands of dollars once your actually admitted. Dont gamble with health insurance. It's not just for our broken bones from riding. That's cheap. All these tests they're running on me now is what is expensive. Broken Bone is cut and dry. Cheap.

Hope you're ok. NO visits from Peter, OK?

Possibly a stupid question but those saying to stay away form 80/20 plan... do those plans you refer to not have a out of pocket maximum? Mines 85/15 but has a $3000 out of pocket, and from what I understand that means the most I will pay is 3 and after that its covered 100%, no???

well ppl are saying to stay away from those just making sure.. so i guess some ppl with a 80/20 plan might not hve an out of pocket max? my outta pocket max is 3000. 1500 would be nice. lol

Georgie is on drugs, literally at the moment. I've never had a problem with an 80/20 plan, I think I've had that my whole life. Crute you are correct on the out of pocket max.

Someone needs to disable Georgies service so he can't get on craigslist and send me every CR on the east coast to look at, lol

Georgie is on drugs, literally at the moment. I've never had a problem with an 80/20 plan, I think I've had that my whole life. Crute you are correct on the out of pocket max.

Someone needs to disable Georgies service so he can't get on craigslist and send me every CR on the east coast to look at, lol

Haha! Gaining more points!

Back