OMA Wrap Up and Banquet

Lol, as interesting as the whole number thing became. That was one and done. Never gonna happen again. I know your kidding, I would hope. Maybe?

Why do I get the feeling that the sx party might be popular?

Yeah, it's going to be one of two extremes, nothing in the middle would be my guess... So, next year, we'll either do it again and it or we will be banned from all party locations in a 5 state area... ;)

Georgie....Bring some to the party....New meaning to "Open Bar"

When I went to the hospital, I felt like the squirrel. Then after a day I felt like the bear. Then after 2 days of all this iv drugs I feel like the bear at the bottom. So i'm not bringing this stuff to the party. If you like feeling like that there's something seriously wrong with you! lol.

whatcha-thinking-about-nothing-bear-stuffs.jpg

It will not. Given this years scheduling debacles, we will take our time and examine other schedules prior to picking dates. We want a schedule that we can stick to. I think we will have battle dates by then, but the full schedule probably will not be final till the end of January.

Lol, as interesting as the whole number thing became. That was one and done. Never gonna happen again. I know your kidding, I would hope. Maybe?

Jeremy - when are the 2014 OMA membership fees due & does our # from 1st year carryover or is it a first-come/first-get deal?

There will be new cards ordered, we will open up online registration on March 1. The cards will be selected at random. You don't need it till the first race, but if you want to speed up sign up, you could get signed up online in March.

Sorry guys I thought the number thing would be cool, but I sorely under estimated the human factor in the equation. There will be no selection of membership numbers this year. The 2013 cards are a keepsake.

So how long do we hold cards/numbers waiting on people to renew? That alone makes it a bigger pain.

I would say they everyone keeps their number for 2014 weather they sign-up or not. If a member doesn't renew, then their # goes back in the 2015 available numbers and so on for sequential years.

You could run it similar to the Pro AMA #'s except instead of a points driven system to keep an OMA #, it would only have to do with registering annually. If some do not register for a season, that # goes back into the system of available #'s. Could also run that system for just the top 100, 1000, etc. or give available lower #'s to series champions...

Regardless, there will be some level of headache and some will complain and bitch. Unavoidable on the latter unfortunately... Just a quick thought. After thinking about it more, I may disagree with my own idea...

Maybe give a date deadline so that if a number is important to a rider they can renew early & keep their existing # - if you don't pay up by the date given, then the number must not have been important and it goes on the open registration list.

I don't understand how many times he can say it....The numbers thing DID NOT WORK!!! Hahahaha "the human factor"

If you only knew how many times I had to explain the number thing. If you knew, then two things would happen to you. First a stealthy cold grip fear would overcome you, and second you would stand up begin shouting no more numbers!

I am not going through that again.

If a rider is so worried about a number, couldn't they just try and sign up for their class first? Then if someone has the same number, and signs up after them.. They have to change it, or run a slash.

Back