Daytona Amateur Supercross

John250

PR Founding Father
Registrations are open for the Daytona amateur Supercross. I got an email this morning about it.

http://www.mxsports.com/pages/rcsx/2014-rcsx

The 5th Annual Monster Energy Ricky Carmichael Daytona Amateur Supercross once again returns to Daytona International Speedway for the biggest two-day amateur supercross event on the planet. Following Saturday night’s Daytona Supercross by Honda, amateur racing kicks off Sunday, March 9th and continues on Monday, March 10th.

Amateur racers now have the unprecedented opportunity to compete on one of the most prestigious motorsports grounds in the world for, not one - but TWO days of racing! For riders, family, friends and fans, there isn’t another event anywhere in the world that presents such a potent package, making this an instant can’t-miss event on the American Motocross scene.

As always, the full weekend includes: Saturday night’s Daytona Supercross by Honda, where the fastest Supercross riders in the world go to battle. The facility will then open its doors to amateur riders and their families, who are welcome to camp on the Daytona infield and watch Saturday’s professional action before taking the track Sunday and Monday.

The combination of Daytona’s facility and Ricky Carmichael’s endorsement makes for an unforgettable weekend. MX Sports, the same organization that hosts the largest motocross race in the world - AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship presented by Amsoil at Loretta Lynn Ranch - will organize the entire two-day amateur program.

With Daytona’s hallmark tradition in motorsports, Carmichael’s unrivaled reputation in supercross, and MX Sports’ experience in producing fun, fair and safe races, the Monster Energy Ricky Carmichael Daytona Amateur Supercross is quickly becoming one of the most important weekends of the racing year. Come join us during the famous Daytona Bike Week for an opportunity like never before.

It's on the list. I'm just having a real hard time trying to imagine learning Daytona in just 5 laps of practice.
Do they dumb down the track much to make it safer?

And the "all-stars" class, that would be where they funnel the amateur prospects to correct?

They tame down the track quite a bit. Still a cool layout and an excellent event but you aren't riding the TRUE sx track by any means.

I have to say this has always sounded really fun, expensive but a fun one time thing id like to do someday. Is it honestly worth it? Like how many racers are there, how many laps do you get, moto format, qualifying? Tons of C riders?

Well your entry includes your sx ticket. $90 a class. But really it's only $40 cuz a sx ticket can get ya for $50. They let you park in the infield. And you have a nice spectator area away from the racer chasers.

c class is the biggest class at any race lol.

The track last year was about 75% of the original layout length wise. They change the jumps up a bit, usually keep one large double coming across the start straight. I've raced it every year so far, and they really do a nice job of keeping table tops, doubles, etc that make for good racing without killing someone. They usually keep the gator pit etc, except for the year it rained. It gets rutted and whooped out, so it is a challenge.

The best SX tickets are the general admission tickets really in the Winston tower, and those are only $25 but you can see the track the best.

It is expensive, but you get a decent amount of track time. Heats were 8 laps if I remember right, and so were mains. Much more for your money than any arenacross any day.

I plan on renting a garage....I will have my trailer there at the garage, but if anyone wants to pull their bike in there and be close to the track, slide me a few bucks to help pay for the garage, and we will call it even.

Not sure we can hit this and the Spring Classic in Pell City Alabama, which we are hitting for sure. Great track as we hit it for a LL qualifier this year. We will see though...vacation time only goes so far, but I have heard this event rips also.

Daytona SX is becoming one of the big events through out the year for sure, with all the fast guys there. I think last year there were something like 800-900 riders.

OK. $682 later, Matthew and I are registered for Daytona. I know Jeff Pape is going also, he rented my other time share from me. Anyone else decide to race Daytona?

No OMA card required! But you do need an AMA card, and you need it for the BoO races anyway. Sign up, and I will even let you pit in my garage free of charge..........just because I am a nice guy.

Nothing but a money grab monopoly. Why don't they give other promoters the OPPORTUNITY to hold this?

Back