Daytona Amateur Supercross

Good luck John.
Moms all good. She told the doctor she was headed to Florida for a Supercross........and he said go for it. EKG is good today......back to her base line, and leg is feeling much better since the stent was cleaned out. So Mom and Dad are racing bound. That's the kind of parents I have at 44 years old. They have been around a race track their whole lives, and the last two years it has eaten my mom up not to be at Daytona to watch Matthew (and maybe me).

Forecast is good.........78 and sunny this weekend. Racing is full, only a couple classes are not sold out. And all the top riders will be there. It is becoming one of the Big races to hit each year now.

As for the cost ..........I hear you. But when you figure in the entry for the gate, your PRO SX ticket......and the fact it is Daytona, and Bike Week.......it is the experience your paying for also. How many of you have been to Disney? Hell WW Ranch is gonna charge me $45 a person to just practice on a Wednesday!!

It'll cost a family of four about $5,000 to go to disney for one week.

A family of 6 can go to loretta's for $3,000 total.....

It's not just racing that is expensive in 2014......but "tourist attractions" are blowing the cost of MX out of the water for sure.

It'll cost a family of four about $5,000 to go to disney for one week.

A family of 6 can go to loretta's for $3,000 total.....

It's not just racing that is expensive in 2014......but "tourist attractions" are blowing the cost of MX out of the water for sure.

Yep, it's call Obamanation. ;) Naw, probably not all his fault either I just like to blame it on him, but the pace/rate of inflation can definately take its toll...

We all should just stay home and plant daisys in the back yard and forget about fun. Not because we can't afford it necessarily, just 'cause we are making a stand and are not going to pay for it as it was cheaper and "more fun" 30 years ago... That'll teach 'em.. ???? :)

suburban.jpgTrailer.jpg

Locked and loaded. Three MX bikes. One Harley, throw the luggage in tomorrow and we are on the road. Looks like it is going to be a great week.

Awesomous!!! Have a great time John. My wife and I were talking (she actually brought it up) about planning a trip down next year in place of our Indy Bash weekend if it came down to one or the other. If thoughts come to relaity, we'll definately need to hook up. Of course, your leading. Thinking that Suburban and my trailer have met already. LOL!!

Later dude. Tell us how Bubba is doing when you get a chance to talk with him... ;)

Got all checked in today at the track. Place is a mad house. You can tell, there are way more than last year. Think last year was like 750 riders, they are saying 1200 this year. Crazy packed. Registration was not bad.........key is to wait a couple hours after it opens these days.

Saw Pape, Cameron texted......an d spoke with Robinson and Joslin. Stumpy is here too. So decent amount of Vets from back home.

All the Vet classes are pretty much full. Should be a great couple days of racing, with a lot of fast guys.

Been talking with the familia. We're thinking we'll be down there in 2015. Planning has begun.

Text from MX955 He's on his 125, Almost pulled the HoleShot and did well enough to make todays racing...
Says the track is rough & rutted but easy jumps.

How you doing down there old man? Looking at the sign up sheet in your classes it looks like LL all over again!

This is what some of your money is paying for. Full nascar medical crew

Attachments

• 20140310_102533.jpg
    20140310_102533.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 155
Track was not tough.....easy jumps, but with 1200 riders obviously got rough and rutted. I had a couple guys fall in first corner in heat race, and one just fell over into me. I kicked bike forever before it fired again.....obviously was not going to transfer, and kind of just rode around for practice. In LCQ I got a good jump out of gate, but for some reason had back end go sideways out of gate for a bad start. Passed a few people in the first few straights, but that was about it......finished where I was at that point, and did not qualify. Disappointing after qualifying for the main the last two years. But had not been on the bike since the end of August, so arm pump and all............what do you expect.

Matthew did not race 85 main, but in 65 main, had a bad start also......he gets intimidated here for some reason, and just does not seem to ride like he can. Think he ended up 24th on the 65.

Everyone is safe, and it was fun. I think Pape finished the highest of any of the Ohio guys. It is like LL south these days.......all the fast amateurs are there for sure.

Once again, I did not take hardly any photos. My dad got a bunch though. No go Pro here.

Back