Daytona Amateur Supercross

I am all about the $$$$.....But I do what is best for my clients first, and the $$$ will follow.

Zman, compare the fees to what you pay to race an arenacross, and the actual track time. You get a decent amount of track time at Daytona. A long main event, and your entry fees INCLUDE your pro SX ticket. So it is really not over priced compared to other races. All the fastest guys in the country are there usually, and the manufactures are all behind the event.

I guarantee, if you went, you would want to go back.

Been at the hospital all day with my mom today after surgery. Some not so favorable results. I am holding my breath hoping all my plans hold together. I am supposed to pull out on Friday.

I could not agree more...debating hitting this until I saw the fees.....

Uh....Vet was being heavily sarcastic. I was planning on hitting this, had an end-of-the-year medical debacle that leaves me with zero paid time off from work.

It's better to race it earlier because I'm sure in 10 years from now it might be a week long event with a billion entries.

Been at the hospital all day with my mom today after surgery. Some not so favorable results. I am holding my breath hoping all my plans hold together. I am supposed to pull out on Friday.

Sorry to hear John, hope your mom recovers.

First, hope your mom get better Johnny.
I'm sorry guys but you are nuts if you are ok with paying $150 to sign-up, $80 to get in the gate, $125 for primitive camping and or course another $20 to park.... but then you go to Bob's local mx and say $25 is to much???? WHAT? Having raced Daytona 3 times back when we had stone tires, I was not a fan. Yes it was cool (the first time) to be on the trioval but, after the first time it be like going and paying a box office to see Forest Gump today... why? It on every channel, free....
Take that $375, fly to Vegas, get a hooker, a midget, four pork chops and a hotel room and make memories that will last a life time.

Its all for the experience. I paid $140 bucks for me and april to ride a helicopter for 10 minutes in Mrytle last year, expensive yes. Worth the money, probably not. But I can atleast say that we did it, and its something that wont be forgotten.

Heck, Im just flat out jealous I cant go ride with you guys. Hope everything is going good with your mom, good luck this weekend.

Actually this is one best deals of year, your $150 entry includes both weekend gate fee and SX ticket for Rider. That makes entry $40 for one of the big 6 amateur Nat'l events. Oh and its 75 and sunny....

I'm heading out Thursday after work. Bummer 45 and 50+ sold out?? Plan to be at SX Sat, GNCC Sunday and RC SX Monday and in the bar rest of week then hit South of Border SE Area Q the next weekend.

Yeah buddy. Hate to hear that. Looking to hear some better news for you and your mom soon...

I'm sorry guys but you are nuts if you are ok with paying $150 to sign-up, $80 to get in the gate, $125 for primitive camping and or course another $20 to park.... but then you go to Bob's local mx and say $25 is to much???? WHAT? Having raced Daytona 3 times back when we had stone tires, I was not a fan. Yes it was cool (the first time) to be on the trioval but, after the first time it be like going and paying a box office to see Forest Gump today... why? It on every channel, free....
Take that $375, fly to Vegas, get a hooker, a midget, four pork chops and a hotel room and make memories that will last a life time.

As well as the disease...guess that's all part of the memories... ;)

People are paying $200+ month for cell phones. They charge what people pay. And people will pay to play.

Yes to all that...

Heck, Im just flat out jealous I cant go ride with you guys.

x2...shall I say someday?... ;)

Moms all good. She told the doctor she was headed to Florida for a Supercross........and he said go for it. EKG is good today......back to her base line, and leg is feeling much better since the stent was cleaned out. So Mom and Dad are racing bound. That's the kind of parents I have at 44 years old. They have been around a race track their whole lives, and the last two years it has eaten my mom up not to be at Daytona to watch Matthew (and maybe me).

Forecast is good.........78 and sunny this weekend. Racing is full, only a couple classes are not sold out. And all the top riders will be there. It is becoming one of the Big races to hit each year now.

As for the cost ..........I hear you. But when you figure in the entry for the gate, your PRO SX ticket......and the fact it is Daytona, and Bike Week.......it is the experience your paying for also. How many of you have been to Disney? Hell WW Ranch is gonna charge me $45 a person to just practice on a Wednesday!!

Good luck Guys!

Give us as many reports as you can!.....and make them good!

We're stuck in this figgin Winter Vortex and are living through you.

Moms all good. She told the doctor she was headed to Florida for a Supercross........and he said go for it. EKG is good today......back to her base line, and leg is feeling much better since the stent was cleaned out. So Mom and Dad are racing bound. That's the kind of parents I have at 44 years old. They have been around a race track their whole lives, and the last two years it has eaten my mom up not to be at Daytona to watch Matthew (and maybe me).

Forecast is good.........78 and sunny this weekend. Racing is full, only a couple classes are not sold out. And all the top riders will be there. It is becoming one of the Big races to hit each year now.

As for the cost ..........I hear you. But when you figure in the entry for the gate, your PRO SX ticket......and the fact it is Daytona, and Bike Week.......it is the experience your paying for also. How many of you have been to Disney? Hell WW Ranch is gonna charge me $45 a person to just practice on a Wednesday!!

Sweet! :)

Disney general admission is now up to $99 for one day. And anything you ride in that place you aren't in control of.....

Back