Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

rsim141

PR Member
No leaks , roof replaced in 03 along with a bunch of other stuff
Tarp on roof is for storage
Mileage around 24K 460 is plenty strong just needs regular maintance items
Goes down the road real good,drove it home to Cleveland from Huron

Damn - sweet find then! I'm trying to decide between that or a toy hauler this year - leaning hauler so I can just unhook & Tahoe around wherever we're at...

smitty

PR Addict
After the wash out at Midohio I decided I was done with sleeping in the old van and although it would have made a great tow vehicle I decided to go with a class C
The biggest draw to this one was the mileage, how clean it was,Kohler 4500 watt build in generator and the big block
My late father always wanted one so this is for him
I can't wait for Ohio valley in june

Mosher

PR Founding Father
Damn - sweet find then! I'm trying to decide between that or a toy hauler this year - leaning hauler so I can just unhook & Tahoe around wherever we're at...

I'm riding with you! LOL.

As far as tank restoration and that year RM...Pit was correct with the constant sanding. I've tried the heat gun with mixed outcomes. If you want a tank to practice on, let me know, I have one you can have for free.

rsim141

PR Member
Thanks Kurt! I may take you up on that...I've got the '82 & an '84 tank to work on. Thinking I'll just try and get the '82 ready for a try at the Vintage races this year.

Definitely have to get a toy hauler of some sort so I can keep the Mrs comfortable which = more tracks & ride time. Then we'll have one to head south in for the "boys only" trips!

smitty

PR Addict
IMG_20140125_132719_286.jpgIMG_20140125_132728_897.jpgpics of the finished product

BanTonic

PR Addict
That was the first bike I learned to use a clutch on.:D My dad bought one brand new from Sills.Sold it to my uncle in Pa.He rode it for a few years and it was stolen after a break in :( at our home by the ANF. back in the `80`s.I still have the key for it! LOL!!! T1645. Wonder if it fits your bike!! HA!HA!HA! :D :p
Sellin` it???
Bring back some many memories of my younger days................:cool:

smitty

PR Addict
Key?
Not on this bike,must have been a MT not a MR like this
I have the MSO and original bill of sale for this ,came from Iowa
Yes it's for sale

smitty

PR Addict
thanks,
I'm planning on showing it at the swap medina swap meet on the 22nd of feb.,going to rent a van for transport

yz360b

PR Addict
Mike, Thanks for the Kudos on my 75 YZ !!! My question is how do I get to be a LaVan factory rider ? Johnny should be very thankfull because I am jealous as hell !!! Tom

MX099

PR Addict
I just picked up this 250 with the title, never restored from the original owner. Forgot to mention it has the original tires.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 255

Mosher

PR Founding Father
I just picked up this 250 with the title, never restored from the original owner. Forgot to mention it has the original tires.

I rode one of those when I was 15...never got to race it, but put some hours on it. It was a buddy's who just happened to get a free CR250 that year too. He didn't have a place to store the extra bike, so I got it. Those were the days...no responsibilities except paying for gas and oil.

MX099

PR Addict
I'm temporary out of disposable income, so I'll just be looking at it for a few months. But I do want to have it race ready by summer.