Battle for Ohio State Championships 2014!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
We realize that people need to plan their time off, at this time we can release the Battle for Ohio State Championship dates. These races will be AMA sanctioned and viewed as a state championship series in the eyes of the AMA. AMA memberships will be required. At this time the series will have KTM and Suzuki contingency dollars up for grabs, and we are pursuing Honda and Kawasaki. All of these race event weekends will be Practce Saturday amd Race Sunday. Here is the series:

Round #1 Chillitown Mx - July 20th
Round #2 Malvern Mx - August 10th
Round #3 Briarcliff Mx - August 24th

We will have the Saturday Night Series and Moto Revolution Series dates in the coming days.

One quick question. Why they AMA sanctioning for just these three races?

The AMA is working hard to make things better in Ohio. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that they want to do help racing in Ohio, and this is the first step. We are entering into a limited competition partnership with the AMA. This is the new vision for the AMA, they want to work with groups like ours and move from the district model. There is a lot of good ideas being tossed around. Expect good things. To answer your question, we only did three because we felt everyone wasn't ready for all of the races to be AMA.

Rounds 2 and 3 will be Pro-Am races as well. Which very exciting when you consider that they don't just hand these out anymore, you need to be selected by region to hold Pro-Am events now. They reduce the number of Pro-Am sanctions by nearly 40 races for 2014. We were lucky enough to get two events.

Just FYI for the Vet vintage crowd, VMD at Mid-Ohio was moved to July 13-14th for 2014, no conflict there.

OK, I will say it...
The AMA has always (I assume) done things "behind the scenes" to support motorcyclist. Problem is, those things are never brought to light, at least not in the local MX scene...
They don't support the tracks or promoters. They don't support the riders. When was the last time ANYONE on this or any other message board was contacted by anyone from the AMA? A quality organization must be in constant contact with its members. Finding out what the issues are and quickly responding to those issues. Have they saved a track from going out of business? Have they financially and or physically helped a downed member? Hell, outside of a Pro national, Vintage days or at LL, I have never seen ANYONE from that "organization" and we are in their backyard...
Year after year we blindly throw $49 at the AMA and for what? So we can receive a crappy magazine with a Triumph on the cover 11 months a year and a hat pin? What else do we get??? How could we not be "ready for that"?
If the OMA was getting contacted from the AMA it was because your are the squeaky wheel. You pulled money out of there pocket. That's great. Don't accept a few drops of oil and then fall back in line... Demand a full rebuild of the wheel or we will end up with the same crap that we have been force feed for years.
AMA - Don't hide behind the scene's. Tell the members what you are doing for them. Don't just print it in that mag that no one looks at, make sure the organization has a presents at as many events as possible. And I am not talking about standing at the gate of vintage days with your hand out demanding $50 a day to get in...
OMA - Don't alienate your members that believe in what you are trying to do. You had what most would consider a fantastic first year. Build on that and continue to change and improve.

Competition is a good thing. It drives improvement.

I am, and I believe most are behind you J.O. Keep going.

Btw, Wining a Pro-Am and $1.59 will get you a 20oz Coke at the gas station..

My first thought is... What do you do about all the racers that are OMA members that raced in the battle series last year that were not and will not be AMA members this year?

If you wanted to go with the AMA why not do it last year? Did the AMA need to see you go the extra mile before they are willing to help or hinder in some eye's?

Just curious... is the AMA listed as a non-profit organization? I wonder what their top executives get paid? One would think with several pretty good tracks in the back yard of the AMA they (meaning the AMA) would have reached out long ago to help grow the sport of motorcycling. Not wait until there was an up rooting of sorts with another association born.

Congratulations to Jason and Jeremy on securing two pro-am's. That's pretty darn good!

I support the AMA. I believe it is a good thing to have the sanction. But in my opinion, in order for the OMA to grow, and to get those BIG races (LL qualifiers, regionals, AMA ATV Nationals), they HAD to go AMA for something. I do not blame JO or the OMA. In order to get those large races, they needed the AMA. And in the long run, I think going AMA is a good decision.

OK, I will say it...
The AMA has always (I assume) done things "behind the scenes" to support motorcyclist. Problem is, those things are never brought to light, at least not in the local MX scene...
They don't support the tracks or promoters. They don't support the riders. When was the last time ANYONE on this or any other message board was contacted by anyone from the AMA? A quality organization must be in constant contact with its members. Finding out what the issues are and quickly responding to those issues. Have they saved a track from going out of business? Have they financially and or physically helped a downed member? Hell, outside of a Pro national, Vintage days or at LL, I have never seen ANYONE from that "organization" and we are in their backyard...
Year after year we blindly throw $49 at the AMA and for what? So we can receive a crappy magazine with a Triumph on the cover 11 months a year and a hat pin? What else do we get??? How could we not be "ready for that"?
If the OMA was getting contacted from the AMA it was because your are the squeaky wheel. You pulled money out of there pocket. That's great. Don't accept a few drops of oil and then fall back in line... Demand a full rebuild of the wheel or we will end up with the same crap that we have been force feed for years.
AMA - Don't hide behind the scene's. Tell the members what you are doing for them. Don't just print it in that mag that no one looks at, make sure the organization has a presents at as many events as possible. And I am not talking about standing at the gate of vintage days with your hand out demanding $50 a day to get in...
OMA - Don't alienate your members that believe in what you are trying to do. You had what most would consider a fantastic first year. Build on that and continue to change and improve.

Competition is a good thing. It drives improvement.

I am, and I believe most are behind you J.O. Keep going.

Btw, Wining a Pro-Am and $1.59 will get you a 20oz Coke at the gas station..

That was one of my first comments after they told me all the things the membership could do for people. I said, "guys, you need to tell people about your good deeds". I don't think we are alienating our audience, the truth be told, 1/2 of the OMA has an AMA membership currently. We are testing the waters here, If I didn't think there was potential, Jason and I wouldn't be doing this. To be clear, its just the Battle Series in 2014. So all you right-wing anti-AMA racers can relax, let us show you how the AMA can help you this year. I think you will notice a presence, some clear benefits, and actions that show that they are more than just money taking membership company. Now don't expect earth shaking life altering changes, but I think you will see more from the folks in Pickerington this season, than you have in awhile.

Alex Hunter, who is the AMA motocross coordinator, deserves some credit here. He has many good ideas. Its just going to take time. He is the one that pushed very hard to get a State Championship for Ohio.

Series sounds cool, glad it's AMA sanctioned and I'm looking forward to see if the Pro-Am races draw any new names to the Pro classes.

I've heard that it's not easy to get manufacturer contingency, so thank you to all that worked hard to make that happen. But now I want a new bike so I qualify for it!

How do the memberships work?

You sign up, send in your money, and then about 2 weeks later you receive your card and introductory package, which does explain all the discounts that you can receive, like the 10% off at Bike Bandit. There have been changes to the fee structure as well. There are now family memberships at a reduced price, youth memberships at a reduced price, single day-single race fee memberships. There are options.

Bummer. RedBud Vet Fest Aug. 8th and 9th.

Sorry Randy. We tried very hard to avoid major races as best that we could. I moved mine back where it belongs, but fpr the second round it was either LL, the new Indiana National or Vet Fest. Jason had little choice, he is planning to take Zack racing at some good events this year, so he has a tight personal schedule as well. It just didn't work out perfectly.

Just FYI for the Vet vintage crowd, VMD at Mid-Ohio was moved to July 13-14th for 2014, no conflict there.

Looks like a fun series. Thanks for move the date of the last race. Much better weekend.

I just saw that Vet Fest at Red Bud was the same weekend as Malvern.

Sorry Randy. We tried very hard to avoid major races as best that we could. I moved mine back where it belongs, but fpr the second round it was either LL, the new Indiana National or Vet Fest. Jason had little choice, he is planning to take Zack racing at some good events this year, so he has a tight personal schedule as well. It just didn't work out perfectly.
Makes for a cool racing weekend! Red Bud Saturday, Malvern on Sunday!

Wonder if the AMA extended the olive branch to the CRA and other organizations that promote races or was it just to the OMA because membership took off and they see you as a threat? I am betting it was just OMA.
I'm not bashing the AMA, I have been a member since 1979, but over that 35 years I have not seen ANYTHING change. Kinda sounds like a commercial for a public office.. I will do this and I will do that... In the end we get empty promises and excuses of why things cant change.

I hope I am wrong, but if nothing has changed in 4 decades, why would anyone think it will now?
I have been an ass since 1969... Yeap, still an ass....
Show us change, not just talk... The public already fell for that tactic with Mr. Obama... twice.... Sheep

I have been an ass since 1969... Yeap, still an ass....
Show us change, not just talk... The public already fell for that tactic with Mr. Obama... twice.... Sheep

Im sure in 1969 you werent near the ass you are now, it take years of cultivation and practice to get to your level!

And Obama did show us change! Just not the type he promised!

Your right Hershey, it does take a lot of practice to get to this level but its does take GOD given talent.
If the AMA is listening. I will be more then happy to work for you and bring this talent to your side of the fence. Send me a message and I will gladly apply for any position they have open that could help improve off-road motorcycling.

Back