Battle for Ohio State Championships 2014!

I would come out if it was an option, but I believe it is going to be a crowded one day race with minimal laps.

Having 30 plus classes in one day along with a ProAm race is cool, but not if you want to race with both a lot of riders and a lot of laps.

As much as I thought VetFest 2012 stunk with canceling practice because of the threat of rain, I would do that race over this series.

Just dome FYI from a guy outside your area

Greg makes one good point. And that is ALL those classes on one day! If it were me, I would cancel the Saturday practice, anyone can ride the tracks prior to these weekends, its in July and August, and just go racing! Two days of racing on Saturday and Sunday, no rush.......an extra lap a class, and run two motos over two days. If your expecting to grow the series this year, you should not be trying to do all the racing on one day. Just my opinion.

My belief as well. They tried a 2 day event with practice on friday last year. The rain ruined it. Now they are back to sat practice sunday race saying the biggest complaint last year was the fact that people worked sat and couldnt attend the race day.

I too believe you will get a 3 lap race and if I recall correctly the entire prefounding chant was less classes more laps. I know it was my reason for excitement.......less classes meaning full gates and 10 to 15 min motos.

I believe the reason the turnout for the final round of the battle at BC was the promise of 3 motos over 2 days and still being out the gate by 2-3 pm. Now they are adding proam to an already class rich structure all to be held in one day. Im no math wizard but Id say that adds up to lots of motos to run in one day.

Where is the statistition CK1 at ????

I'm already an Ama member. People coming from out of state to race the battle series aren't going to stay home for $20. And if you race you should just join the AMA for the lobbyist they provide to Washington to fight the lead ban (win), and to keep off road vehicle access to public lands.

You won't see a drop in attendance. It will be advertised in American motorcyclist. People want to race big competitive events and they'll travel to do so.

If you are Little Johnny racer in Indiana, Kentucky, Tenn, wherever, are you (Or I guess mom and dad) going to want to drive several hours to race in Ohio knowing they are going to have to buy ANOTHER membership to another organization just to race here one, two or even three times?
Sure, people do that when they go to the mini o's but that is a destination... Lets face it, we are Ohio... that's not a place people go for vacation... For years and years there have been "Pro-Am" events in bordering states... Did anyone even pay attention to that? So I do think some people will stay home for $20. It for sure will not help it grow.
I am hoping this does not backfire but if it looks like fish and smells like fish, then its probably seen as a money grab...

[
I believe the reason the turnout for the final round of the battle at BC was the promise of 3 motos over 2 days and still being out the gate by 2-3 pm. Now they are adding proam to an already class rich structure all to be held in one day. Im no math wizard but Id say that adds up to lots of motos to run in one day.

Where is the statistition CK1 at ????[/QUOTE]

With that many classes they will have to replace the 30 second board with the white flag... There is just not enough time to do both...

I hope they read the comments here, and think about them. IF these are state championship races, people expect to pay a little more. AMA is coming out with one day memberships for those that don't want to invest in the full membership.

My biggest complaint is cramming it all in one day. Screw the whole day of practice. Lets go racing, and put that racing over two days. 80% plus will be there on Saturday already. We are not pro practicers, we are racers. No one needs another day of practice on the track. And if it is a revenue thing ($25 to practice), then charge me more to race. But one day will be 4 lap motos for sure, and perhaps cut motos the second moto to get completed.

But one day will be 4 lap motos for sure, and perhaps cut motos the second moto to get completed.

They ended up with one day for the last battle round last year. Racing ended around 7 I think. I know I left Chillitown around that time too.

I understand the nail is already in the coffin on this one. It was last year sunday evening after the last round at BC

Greg makes one good point. And that is ALL those classes on one day! If it were me, I would cancel the Saturday practice, anyone can ride the tracks prior to these weekends, its in July and August, and just go racing! Two days of racing on Saturday and Sunday, no rush.......an extra lap a class, and run two motos over two days. If your expecting to grow the series this year, you should not be trying to do all the racing on one day. Just my opinion.

Saturday is not a good choice for the race series that is still growing. Too many people work on Saturday. I bet I had no less than 60 people tell me they would have been there if the racing had been on one day. Bottom line, the Battle series is not enough of a priority yet to people to have it be a three day race. Too soon. We will watch it grow some more before we take that step again. Maybe some day, but not yet.

Guys, the AMA has a lot of marketing power, I think with their help they can make this series bigger and better. If I thought it didn't have a good chance of working then why would I risk it?

They ended up with one day for the last battle round last year. Racing ended around 7 I think. I know I left Chillitown around that time too.

I understand the nail is already in the coffin on this one. It was last year sunday evening after the last round at BC

I thought we ended around 6:15, I would have to check with Connie though. And that was allowing the faster classes 5 laps, with the white flag waving at 7-8 minutes. We never cut laps at BC, and still done around 6:00.

This is sounding better and better every day!
The fast vets are a bunch of curmudgeons and won't race it "on principle" or whatever the flavor of the day excuse is, so all I need to do is wait for Hershey to crash and I'll win every race!

I haven't won an Ohio series since I won the D12 +30 overall in 2000. Bring it on! 2014 is the year of Ohio baby!

IDEA:

If you buy an OMA membership at any of the battle races, saturday practice will be.... FREE OF CHARGE. A $25 value. So OMA is basically paying you $5 to come try us out! And if you coincidentally bought at the first event.....the next two events you already have an OMA membership. The next two events will only cost you $5 more than the first event. (Due to them having to pay for saturday practice at the next two events)

Stamp it.

Here's an idea, if you come to the Battle and sign up George Baker will reimburse you in full. For everything!

I don't think this is a big deal. Those people that travel state to state racing usually have to deal with this in different places anyway. Think about it like this, that extra $20 here and $20 there is what makes our banquet kick a$$. This is no different than running district 11 back in the day, you had AMA and D11 memberships then too. We are not inventing anything new.

you give me your biggest series... I give you a national???

Man I hope im wrong

Chris you are wrong. We came to an agreement with Alex about the battle series and at no time was there a mention of the atv national. In fact I bet it was about 6 to 8 weeks after the battle series was a done deal before Jeremy found out that the riders were not happy about tomahawk and he had a real shot at getting the event.
So why did we decide to involve the AMA you ask. We felt this was a good way to bring legitimacy to the OMA in the eyes of some of the Mx industry big boys who don't know who we are. Example, factory contingency progams. Not easily obtained. Is the AMA solely responsible for the OMA getting these programs? No. Does the idea of us being involved with an AMA state championship and one of our tracks holding a Loretta's event help grease the wheels of progress? Absolutely!!!

Chris you are wrong. We came to an agreement with Alex about the battle series and at no time was there a mention of the atv national. In fact I bet it was about 6 to 8 weeks after the battle series was a done deal before Jeremy found out that the riders were not happy about tomahawk and he had a real shot at getting the event.

Ohhhhhh, he meant the quad national.....I thought he was hinting at the possibility of holding a bike national down the road. That's why I thought you were into the funny cigarettes Chris. Nah, Jason's pretty much right there. That came about pretty much as a result of rider demand. Alex did help any chance he got with atv national,putting in good words. However, that has nothing to do with the Battle deal.

Saturday is not a good choice for the race series that is still growing. Too many people work on Saturday. I bet I had no less than 60 people tell me they would have been there if the racing had been on one day. Bottom line, the Battle series is not enough of a priority yet to people to have it be a three day race. Too soon. We will watch it grow some more before we take that step again. Maybe some day, but not yet.

Guys, the AMA has a lot of marketing power, I think with their help they can make this series bigger and better. If I thought it didn't have a good chance of working then why would I risk it?

I will try a race before BOO, and withhold anymore comments till then

If it seems a go, I will publicly apologize for everything I said.

I really, really want racing to succeed for you. I love racing, been at it since 1977. I have seen mistakes made by others before. Just passing it along.

If you get 800 entries, like they do sometimes at Englishtown or Pagoda, YOU better be prepared, because racing a green white checkers race will kill your track! I live in an area that they can get that ( metro NY, Philly , DC, ,and Baltimore) and when it is bad, well it gets ugly FAST. Perpetration is key, but many, many bikes can really hammer a track and set you back, time wise

Good luck. See some of you in late spring.

Guys, I sure hope it works. My son and I will be there to support the events (hopefully racing) and boy I hope I'm wrong about the ama. I guess we will all find out together
Now when's that Damn schedule coming out? Knowing the schedule help create a deadline for me to workout for. Still got a lot of weight to drop but it's in motion

Here's an idea, if you come to the Battle and sign up George Baker will reimburse you in full. For everything!

I'll go with that, because after 3pm I'll likely be at the hospital. Happened at two battle of ohio races in a row.....the curse probably will continue. Thank god for health insurance, or atleast I hope I'll still have it in August!

Back