AMA membership

hershey

PR Elite
I just renewed my membership for the year. I went with the competition plus that auto renews.

The discount codes listed for all kinds of things are great, including SX and AX tickets!

Just looking at that I see where I will save more than my $49 yearly fee. On top of that FREE roadside assistance included. I guess I never paid much attention all these years to these great benefits!

Flame away Knox!!

You could buy an entertainment book for $25 and get thousand's of dollars in coupons.. Whoopdy crap... Does your husband know how excited you get about coupons?
What have they done for amateur motocross in this or any other state?
Roadside assistance? I don't ride a Harley so my bike never brakes down.... No need for it.

I will still pay the membership, because you have to if you want to race. Not because I want to, and I certainly not because they support out sport.
It would be cool to start an organization or various tracks that ran motocross races, and not require those wishing to race to pay the AMA anything... That would be a great concept... Wonder if it will ever happen?

Yeah, they are all about the motorcyclist... Check the website right now. Top of the page... Avis Rent a CAR. Yeap, its all about the riders and for sure not about the $.

Prove me wrong Pickerington... I hope you do, but I bet you cant.

Plus you get 10% off bike bandit.....with the AMA. I know it isn't a holy crap deal, but it is something, and they are working on more.

At the OMA we have a deal cooking where the OMA membership pays for itself in just one race, and both OMA and AMA in 6 races if you keep racing OMA events. So, you could race the Battle Series and just three other OMA events, and both memberships cost you essentially nothing. Not to mention the product contingency that is coming.......We are on track to be the "Must Race" organization......soon very very soon........

At the OMA we have a deal cooking where the OMA membership pays for itself in just one race.

So does that mean when I pick up my dust collector trophy, you will had me back my 20 bucks for the membership? Now that sounds like the type of membership I can get behind...

The roadside assistance is not just for street bikes. It covers whatever vehicle the AMA member is driving, including cars and rv's.

Strictly looking at it from a consumers standpoint... An OMA membership is paid for and at the end of the year you receive a banquet with food and prizes.. That is good. An AMA membership is more then twice as much and at the end of the year you get... Well you get a nifty hat pin at the start of the year...
I would rather the AMA stand on the corner begging for money to "Support the riders" then to hold each of the members hostage. First they charge the tracks and promoters huge prices for the "event insurance" (How does an organization like the OMA find a better deal on insurance then the AMA? OMA total events 35, AMA total events 3500 and the price to the track is 50% more. I don't care how you cut it. That is BS and bold in your face skimming)
Lets call it what is really is... The AMA is a TAX. Memberships are optional. Taxes are not.
How many of you play golf? How many play in a league? Are you a PGA member? WHY NOT? They support golfers, They make the rule book. Your not a member because you don't have to be.
How about bowlers? You a member?
Does your kid play little league? Is he a member of the players union and MLB?
The list goes on and on....
AMA is a TAX and NOTHING more.
Prove me wrong Pickerington. Im right here in your backyard throwing rocks at your windows...

A formal announcement in the next couple weeks explaining how we plan to save you at least the cost of both memberships, plus saving fuel money for each race you enter......stay tuned.......

Apparently you didn't read my thread about the AMA Championship Banquet?

My free ticket to that banquet must have got lost in the mail... along with every ticket since 1979...
roadside assist is covered by most if not all new car purchases... not so much with the purchase of a new bike... what is not covered by the manufacture is 100% covered by AAA and they have bigger and better coupons to get Hershey all flustered...

What have they done for amateur motocross in this or any other state?

They brought back the Ohio State Championship. I suppose that is whoopdy crap too?

I can tell you this, they recognize that its been poor customer service for the last 30 years +, and they know its going to take time to win some people back, but I can assure you this, the guys at the ground level love motocross and will fight for it far more than you want to believe.

My free ticket to that banquet must have got lost in the mail... along with every ticket since 1979...

Did you get a free ticket to the OMA or CRA banquet? Why would I buy AAA and get coupons for things I'm not interested when I already get roadside assistance from the AMA?

No, and I wouldn't expect ANY banquet tickets to be free.

The point is that Knox is one of those guys that thinks for 50 bucks he should get a million dollars back in rewards. Reminds me of the people that used to bitch when I charged $12 for this website and they thought that should include a Tshirt, hoody, sticker pack, and hat.....all for 12 bucks.

I know that Twinkies don't go you any good either but I'm sure he has no problem scarfing those down by the case. :p

No, That's not a whoopdy crap... but I would say you had more to do with that then the AMA did. If not, where was it in 2013?
Im not saying anything about the guys at ground level. They have always been great and loved our sport. Im talking about the high level... If the AMA can tell me why their required event insurance is over $1000 per and your event insurance is less, then I will be willing to listen to what they have to say. I bet I know how that answer will go..."our insurance is the best and cost a little more because it is so good" well that is 100% BS and we all know it. If you buy ANYTHING in bulk you can get a discount.
If a guys has been a thief his whole life, would you believe him when he says he has changed or would you want proof?
AMS has been putting on events and paying that crazy amount for insurance for each of those for year and years. Did anyone from the AMA contact them and offer help to keep his events going? I don't know? I am asking. I bet the answer is no one contacted them.

No, and I wouldn't expect ANY banquet tickets to be free.

The point is that Knox is one of those guys that thinks for 50 bucks he should get a million dollars back in rewards. Reminds me of the people that used to bitch when I charged $12 for this website and they thought that should include a Tshirt, hoody, sticker pack, and hat.....all for 12 bucks.

I know that Twinkies don't go you any good either but I'm sure he has no problem scarfing those down by the case. :p

If your going to dog me just get the facts straight... I have always preferred Ho-Ho's.. And a case is just a snack.
Im not asking for ANYTHING personally. I am asking that they support our sport at a local level. You know, the guys that pay the bills for them...Its called customer service. Im the customer, what do I get in return for my money? The answer is closed tracks because of rising costs and low rider turnout. Well you and I can do something about the low turnouts buy simply showing up and participating. What has the AMA done to reduce the costs?
The AMA needs motocross a hell of a lot more then motocross needs the AMA.

Bahaha!!!

Im not married so I have no husband to care about my closet coupon addiction.

My only point was that since I HAVE TO PAY for my AMA card at least Im getting FREE roadside assistance with that. Use it once and your membership is paid for. Use the hotel discounts a few times and your membership is paid for..... and so on. There are some cool discounts available.

The only thing that really was a win here was the fact that I got Knox all worked up and got some traffic on the board!

Darn you, at my age and weight I can not afford anything that takes my blood pressure to elevated levels.
Trying to kill me before we race together?

Back