AMA membership

Chris - I'm with you on some level, you have valid points. Remember, I helped create an entire organization to avoid the AMA route. I know, I get it.

However, I'm willing to give this a chance, I think they have good ideas. I can see good things happening for Ohio Motocross. If not then I was wrong, but at least I tried.

Skill sure... BUT, I have added 75% of the weight and 100% of the years from those days...
Look, the things I assume the AMA does behind closed doors and in Washington about and for riders rights are great, and for that I am very appreciative. My issue is as it has always been, for the benefit and betterment of the racer. If they step it up on a local level and display a presents that is working on improvement of our sport then they will have a no bigger advocate then yours truly. The decline in the numbers of racers and tracks in the mid-west is a scary situation that affects us all. They are the one organization that can impact that issue. I would just like to see what is going on.

AMA member 132201 since 1979 (inactive at the current time, of course)
Yes kids, Back when they only used 6 digits... My SS # only has 5 digits... im old

No, That's not a whoopdy crap... but I would say you had more to do with that then the AMA did. If not, where was it in 2013?
Im not saying anything about the guys at ground level. They have always been great and loved our sport. Im talking about the high level... If the AMA can tell me why their required event insurance is over $1000 per and your event insurance is less, then I will be willing to listen to what they have to say. I bet I know how that answer will go..."our insurance is the best and cost a little more because it is so good" well that is 100% BS and we all know it. If you buy ANYTHING in bulk you can get a discount.
If a guys has been a thief his whole life, would you believe him when he says he has changed or would you want proof?
AMS has been putting on events and paying that crazy amount for insurance for each of those for year and years. Did anyone from the AMA contact them and offer help to keep his events going? I don't know? I am asking. I bet the answer is no one contacted them.

For those that don't know, we are combining theday before practice with the AMA sanction. This is only at Area Qualifiers andRegional Championships for the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championships atLoretta Lynn's. There would be an additional fee for event insurance on that practice day (25%of the daily rate which is about $140) not $1000 for a practice day. Because it's part of the event/AMA Sanctionthe promoter will have to have an ambulance on site, medical staff, sufficientflaggers, and track grooming / water equipment, mandated by our AMA rulebook. We (the AMA and MX Sports) feelthat Areas and Regionals are significant events and that our customers expecta high quality facility even on a practice day. Again, the AMA works very hard to protect the riders and the organizers...sometimes from themselves.

Alex Hunter
Motocross Operational Coordinator

Skill sure... BUT, I have added 75% of the weight and 100% of the years from those days...
Look, the things I assume the AMA does behind closed doors and in Washington about and for riders rights are great, and for that I am very appreciative. My issue is as it has always been, for the benefit and betterment of the racer. If they step it up on a local level and display a presents that is working on improvement of our sport then they will have a no bigger advocate then yours truly. The decline in the numbers of racers and tracks in the mid-west is a scary situation that affects us all. They are the one organization that can impact that issue. I would just like to see what is going on.

AMA member 132201 since 1979 (inactive at the current time, of course)
Yes kids, Back when they only used 6 digits... My SS # only has 5 digits... im old

I like your thinking. I am not an AMA believer either. I have a worthless life membership also.

I have never seen where the AMA has done any good in the motocross community , as they never fight to help keep any riding tracks open. It is full of scandalous people who have done terrible things with the funds and even had another scandal with an inductee and big names including Malcolm Smith revoked his AMA membership

Your barking up the wrong tree on here with some of these guys.

For those that don't know, we are combining theday before practice with the AMA sanction. This is only at Area Qualifiers andRegional Championships for the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championships atLoretta Lynn's. There would be an additional fee for event insurance on that practice day (25%of the daily rate which is about $140) not $1000 for a practice day. Because it's part of the event/AMA Sanctionthe promoter will have to have an ambulance on site, medical staff, sufficientflaggers, and track grooming / water equipment, mandated by our AMA rulebook. We (the AMA and MX Sports) feelthat Areas and Regionals are significant events and that our customers expecta high quality facility even on a practice day. Again, the AMA works very hard to protect the riders and the organizers...sometimes from themselves.

Alex Hunter
Motocross Operational Coordinator

Alex, how is this going to help Bob the average track owner that is holding AMA motocross races on a weekly schedule because he loves the sport? If a track has a qualifier or regional it is assumed the track is well prepped and its events are highly attended (excluding Coombs family owned tracks which get one no matter what) Why does MX Sports get exclusive rights to the 'LL national? Are they the only ones "talented" or skilled enough to hold such an event?

All you guys bitching about "what's the AMA done to keep tracks open" sound like a bunch of Obama supporters wanting to establish a welfare system for crappy tracks that don't like working,

All you guys bitching about "what's the AMA done to keep tracks open" sound like a bunch of Obama supporters wanting to establish a welfare system for crappy tracks that don't like working,

The bleeding heart liberals of motocross.......

I had the pleasure of riding at both Lo-Conn and Beechwood trails. These track owners worked their butts off and gave us a great place to ride. Was the AMA at the hearings in their defense? I'm only asking because I don't recall how it all went down with these tracks closing, but I do know they were forced to close. And for the record I do not nor ever have supported the current deceiver in chief.

Given your choice of moto equipment I will spell it out for you.
Ama charges high prices for insurance to hold a race. The track has to raise sign up cost to cover that cost. Racers do basic math and figure it is cheaper to just go practice. Tracks in return stop holding races since they do not make money. They don't have the money for track maintenance and riders are left with woreout dust bowls to ride on. Riders don't show and the track closes. Bam, one less place for our sport. Now multiply that times the hundreds of already closed tracks and even a quad rider can see where we are going with the future of motocross..
Sorry for the quad thing. It's just too easy. :rolleyes:

The cost of insurance is maybe $100-150 difference at most. In the grand scheme of things if this causes an event failure then I really doubt you would succeed with or without the AMA.

Stop worrying about the AMA, you need to focus on where your going to open that ck1tf......so you can get a real education on running a track.....muhahahahaha!

Given your choice of moto equipment I will spell it out for you.
Ama charges high prices for insurance to hold a race. The track has to raise sign up cost to cover that cost. Racers do basic math and figure it is cheaper to just go practice. Tracks in return stop holding races since they do not make money. They don't have the money for track maintenance and riders are left with woreout dust bowls to ride on. Riders don't show and the track closes. Bam, one less place for our sport. Now multiply that times the hundreds of already closed tracks and even a quad rider can see where we are going with the future of motocross..
Sorry for the quad thing. It's just too easy. :rolleyes:

If I had a dollar for every time you repeated the same thing I'd be able to re open all the closed up dust bowls

I bet Turk knows....

I wish Turk would come back......he was scared away far too soon. Come back turk!

Flipping through these responses.....er, scrolling I mean.......reminds me of vitalmx.

Thank you AMA for fighting the US gov't ban on lead because my (unborn) kid should be able to have the opportunity to race! (Worth my $50 right there.)

For those of you who are planning on purchasing an AMA membership or renewing your membership - Hold off for now.. Like Jeremy said, we have some things that we are working on! Sorry Hershey, we didn't catch you in time!

Connie

Hold off buying an AMA membership until they PROVE they are doing anything to save motocross and make it better for those involved. You may have to skip racing for a few decades...

Back