Athens 1st round of AMA Vintage

Love your avatar Dave,....... My God, I can see the resemblence :) hee hee.

Oh Yeaaaaaa! I'm in.
Took delivery of brand new Works shocks for the MX250 friday, and trying to squeeze in time to wrench up on the bikes to be ready.

Planning on it. Still a chance it won't happen for me.

I'll be honest after all I did last season I'm lacking motivation this year.

I hear ya on the motivational part. We started an addition, well actually Pape did, and my energy is geared more towards that at this time. I plan on hitting Athens and Mid-Ohio and let the rest unfold as they get closer.

Planning on it. Still a chance it won't happen for me.

I'll be honest after all I did last season I'm lacking motivation this year.

Sounds like Johns got the Funk.
Kinda wierd, I been battling it since last fall ?

I was at Briarcliff with the nephew yesterday. I was expecting a spring time packed house, more so since he was closed on Saturday. Shocked me, but it wasn't. There was a good attendance, but less than I figured. Thinking a lot of people got the funk this year.

Not sure yet, I might have the 89 CR sold if so might ride the KX. Outside chance I have my 82 CR125 ready for the battle of the 241's.

If its not sold by then I want it!!! Actually I will be down for the grand prix this Sunday. Bring it!

Online Pre-Entry for Round 1 of the 2014 AMA Vintage National Motocross Championship Series at the Action Sports Moto Park is now open.

Round 1 of the 2014 AMA Vintage National Harescrambles Series will take place on Saturday, May 17th. All MX racing will take place on Sunday, May 18th.

Gate fee is $15 per day/$30 for the weekend.

Vintage Eligibility-1974 and Earlier
Post Vintage Eligibility-1975-1984
Modern/Non-Current Eligibility-1998 and Earlier

HS entry is $40 Per Class-No AMA Pre-Entry Available
MX Pre-Entry is $40 Per Class-Post Entry $50 Per Class

Saturday HS schedule will be as follows:
Parade Lap 10:30-All Classes
Vintage HS Race 11:00
Post Vintage HS Race 1:00
Non-Current HS Race 3:00
All Races will be 1 hour long.

Sunday MX schedule will be as follows:
Vintage MX Practice 8:30
Vintage MX Racing Immediately Following Practice
Post Vintage, Non-Current MX Practice After Vintage Racing
Post Vintage, Non-Current MX Racing Following Practice

To pre-enter for the Motocross at Action Sports go to https://www.xtrm.com/web/Promoter/Event/EventInformation.aspx?ywteLzlUsNQmeXgrQiM2DQ==12abc12

For more information on the Harescrambles Classes, Motocross Classes, and Motocross Rules, as well as the rest of the weekend information go to www.ActionSportsRacing.com/vintage-racing.

For race updates and information, Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX, post your images from Action Sports on Instagram @actionsportsracing, and you can also join our Email List.

See you all at the races!

Almost ready, just waiting on a few more misc parts to finish.

92RM250.jpg

John,

Wow, that is looking nice!! Anxious to see you in action on it. You really do such a great job bringing these bikes back.

Did you replace the rear fender graphics and shroud graphics? If I remember correctly, you said they were worn when you first looked at the bike.

If the graphics are new, where did you find them and your numbers?

Dano

Thanks. I sort of rushed this bike and didn't touch the motor (other than cleaning it), so I hope it runs ok to get me through the season!

Number backgrounds = decal works

Shroud graphics = www.evo-mx.com

The rear fender on the bike was broken. I had a brand new white fender sitting here that I removed from a previous bike I did. I peeled off all the graphics I could from the broken rear fender and put them on the new fender. Some were missing and roached, and I made new ones from pieces of the graphics that were on the side panels.

Been kind of quiet on this one........ Time to ratchet up the Vintage gab.

Once again, I find myself in crunch time.
Never enough time, money, or garage space.

Little late, but backing off the work OT so that I can be somewhat ready for the event.
Spent all night Monday night cleaning bike and gear from Sundays GP race. (Wow, what a muddy mess!)

Began last night wrenching on the MX250.
* Got new Works shocks installed. (as usual, ran into snags).
* Pulled pipe off and began cleaning up (rust). Taking it to machine shop this afternoon to get additional spring loops welded on.
---- ( Anybody got any good recomendations on sealing finish's for a works pipe? I didn't have time to coat it before the races last year, and then it got rusted up from the mud and water at Vintage Days, and I hate to just paint it black. )

*Tonight:
* Going online to pre-register for the races.
* MX250 Carb clean, air filter cleaning and oil change, and continue exhaust pipe work.

* And if I get time, begin prepping 84 YZ250 that I bought last August, (Thanks evomx244), see what it may need, and any changes that I wanna make. Really anxious to race this bike, as it has an entirely different feel than my 82 YZ.
* Give the 82 KDX175 a quick lookover to see what it needs. ( Kevin Harper, if you're there I need you to tell me again where you bought your KX tank decals ? )

WHO's IN .......?

Been kind of quiet on this one........ Time to ratchet up the Vintage gab.

Once again, I find myself in crunch time.
Never enough time, money, or garage space.

Little late, but backing off the work OT so that I can be somewhat ready for the event.
Spent all night Monday night cleaning bike and gear from Sundays GP race. (Wow, what a muddy mess!)

Began last night wrenching on the MX250.
* Got new Works shocks installed. (as usual, ran into snags).
* Pulled pipe off and began cleaning up (rust). Taking it to machine shop this afternoon to get additional spring loops welded on.
---- ( Anybody got any good recomendations on sealing finish's for a works pipe? I didn't have time to coat it before the races last year, and then it got rusted up from the mud and water at Vintage Days, and I hate to just paint it black. )

*Tonight:
* Going online to pre-register for the races.
* MX250 Carb clean, air filter cleaning and oil change, and continue exhaust pipe work.

* And if I get time, begin prepping 84 YZ250 that I bought last August, (Thanks evomx244), see what it may need, and any changes that I wanna make. Really anxious to race this bike, as it has an entirely different feel than my 82 YZ.
* Give the 82 KDX175 a quick lookover to see what it needs. ( Kevin Harper, if you're there I need you to tell me again where you bought your KX tank decals ? )

WHO's IN .......?

I'm in - we'll have to see how it goes - I tweaked my left knee pretty good skiing in March. Hoping for a dry track. On coating the pipe I run a Proform and find that the key is to get rid of all rust with steel wool real good and then nail the heck out of it with WD-40. I actually just put a rubber glove on to spread it all over. I do this every time I am done washing it and I haven't had to use any steel wool in a year on it. Works great-give it a try.

We are in...maybe only Sunday as I just found out my 10 year old Kai has a Father son campout for church Friday Saturday. Going to be a busy weekend...

Didn't get my pre-entry in last night, got hung up thinking about what to race. Things are different this year with Saturday being all Hare Scramble, Sunday being all motocross................. Vintage, PV, and Non Current.

Last year I raced 2 class's Vintage mx, 4 motos on Saturday.
Then 2 class's, 4 motos PVmx on Sunday (after racing PV Hare scramble in the morning).

Really wanting to race my 98 CR250 in non-current MX, it leaves me undecided what to do about Post Vintage mx?
I know that I will certainly want two class's of Vintage on the MX250. And I would really like to race 2 class's again in Post Vintage on the 84 YZ. But that makes 5 class's (10 motos) total.
It will be costly, and so busy that it makes the day less enjoyable. No time for screwing off and socializing.

Any thoughts?

Back