Athens 1st round of AMA Vintage

dmx153

PR Founding Father
I got the clutch fixed on the '96 RM125. I drilled two holes in each tower and put in new plates. Works great! Well at least around the yard in the rain.

evomx244

PR Addict
AMA vintage series (Non-current Class legal)

Low Hour 1996 KX250 for sale-Updated rear swingarm to 97 KX 250 (1” longer)

Front forks: Rebuilt: New NOS seal and dust seals, older factory Connection valving with new race-tech .42 KG front springs

Rear shock: Recently rebuilt, new seal head, race-tech bumper, factory Connection spring.

Updated swingarm to 97 KX250 specs (1” longer helps with cornering)

Pro Circuit links (helps with cornering)

Newer renthal sprockets and chain

New rear tire/excel black rim and spokes

New fiber clutch plates

Full Pro Circuit exhaust

New 88/89 front fender

IMS after footpegs

New brake pads front/rear

Newer twin air filter.

AMA vintage series (Non-current Class legal)

2,000 Can bring to Athens on Sunday

Attachments

• 1996 KX250-1.jpeg
    1996 KX250-1.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 1996 KX250-5.jpeg
    1996 KX250-5.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 1996 KX250-3.jpeg
    1996 KX250-3.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 1996 KX250-6.jpeg
    1996 KX250-6.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 1996 KX250-4.jpeg
    1996 KX250-4.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 210

ActionSports

PR Addict
Due to the rain we have received, and the additional rain that is predicted the next few days, the Action Sports Flashback Vintage Harescramble and Motocross Weekend has been rescheduled for Saturday and Sunday, June 21st and 22nd. For those who raced on the track last year, our hill section which is the best part of both the harescramble and motocross tracks, will be impassable with all of the rain, shortening the lap times on both courses. Also, due to popular demand we will be going back to the two-day format, the same we ran last year with Vintage harescramble racing Saturday morning, followed by Vintage motocross in the afternoon. Then Post Vintage and Non-Current harescramble racing Sunday morning, followed by Post Vintage and Non-Current motocross in the afternoon. We will also offer modern motocross classes on Sunday with our Post Vintage program.

Motocross Pre-Entry via XTRM will also re-open for the Action Sports Flashback. Pre-entry is $40 per class per day. There is still no pre-entry for harescramble racing, but we will be offering sign up at $40 per class.

For more information go to the Vintage Racing page at ActionSportsRacing.com. You can also Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX, and also Follow and post your race pictures from the Action Sports Moto Park to our Instagram @actionsportsracing. For immediate updates directly to your email, join our Email list on the Home page at ActionSportsRacing.com.

Vet261

PR Addict
Well back to thinking about Action Sports!
I worked on the '92 RM yesterday and may have it figured out but I need to test it some.

What's up with the weather though? Jeez calling for chance of rain every single day.

dmx153

PR Founding Father
I'm out, we are having the girls B-day party Saturday and I'm not stoked about getting up at 4 a.m. to make the drive Sunday morning.

ActionSports

PR Addict
The 2014 Action Sports Flashback honoring Vintage harescramble and motocross racing, hosts Round 2 of the 2014 AMA Vintage National Harescramble Series and Round 1 of the 2014 AMA Vintage National Motocross Series presented by Cernic’s, Saturday and Sunday, June 21st and 22nd. All Vintage racing takes place on Saturday, June 21st, and all Post Vintage racing takes place on Sunday, June 22nd. Admission is $15 a day/$30 for the weekend. Entry is $40 per class for Harescramble and $50 per class for Motocross.

The gate will be open from 5:00 until 9:00 PM Friday. The gate will re-open Saturday morning at 7:00 AM, with Harescramble registration beginning at 7:00 AM. Vintage harescramble will start at 9:00 AM, and will run 1 hour in length. Motocross practice will begin at 10:30, with racing to follow. The gate will close at 9:00 PM Saturday night.

The gate will open for the final day of racing at 7:00 AM Sunday morning for Post Vintage and Non-Current racing. Harescramble registration will begin at 7:00 AM. Post Vintage and Non-Current harescramble will start at 9:00 AM, and will run 1 hour in length. Motocross practice will start at 10:30, with racing to follow. Modern motocross support classes will be offered on Sunday during the Post Vintage program.

For all information on Flashback at the Action Sports Moto Park, go to the Vintage Racing page at ActionSportsRacing.com. There you will find all the information on Harescramble and Motocross classes, as well as hotels and restaurants in the area, and the directions to Action Sports Moto Park. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!! DO NOT USE GPS!

If you haven’t, Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX, and Follow us on Instagram @actionsportsracing, and post your pictures from your weekend here at Action Sports with the hashtag #ActionSportsFlashback2014.

See you at the races!
Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

2014 AMA Vintage MX flier.jpg

ActionSports

PR Addict
The Action Sports Moto Park is turning back the clock this weekend with the Action Sports FLASHBACK. Historic motorcycles as new as 1998, dating all the way back to the early 1970's, swarm the Action Sports Moto Park for a great weekend of vintage racing. With the natural terrain motocross track, as well as the rolling hills of the harescramble course, FLASHBACK promises to have the best of both worlds for this weekend's racing.

Racing action kicks off Saturday morning at 9:00 with an hour long battle of Vintage Harescramble racing. Once the harescramble is over, motocross practice begins at 10:30 for the Vintage bikes, with racing to immediately follow.

On Sunday the action continues, this time for the Post Vintage and Non-Current machines. The green flag waves for Post Vintage and Non-Current Harescramble action at 9:00 for another hour of great harescramble racing. Motocross practice will begin at 10:30, with the addition of Modern MX support classes, racing to follow.

Click HERE to view Saturday and Sunday MX classes. Class 1-23 will race on Saturday. Class 24-52 will race on Sunday.

The gate will open at 5:00 P.M. Friday afternoon. Admission is $15 per day/$30 for the weekend. Harescramble registration is $40 per class, Motocross registration is $50 per class. Registration both days will begin at 7:00 A.M.

For all information on FLASHBACK at the Action Sports Moto Park, go to the Vintage Racing page at ActionSportsRacing.com. There you will find all the information on Harescramble and Motocross classes, as well as hotels and restaurants in the area, and the directions to Action Sports Moto Park. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!! DO NOT USE GPS!

If you haven’t, Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX, and Follow us on Instagram @actionsportsracing, and post your pictures from your weekend here at Action Sports with the hashtag #ActionSportsFlashback2014.

See you at the races!
Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

ActionSports

PR Addict
Didn't get my pre-entry in last night, got hung up thinking about what to race. Things are different this year with Saturday being all Hare Scramble, Sunday being all motocross................. Vintage, PV, and Non Current.

Last year I raced 2 class's Vintage mx, 4 motos on Saturday.
Then 2 class's, 4 motos PVmx on Sunday (after racing PV Hare scramble in the morning).

Really wanting to race my 98 CR250 in non-current MX, it leaves me undecided what to do about Post Vintage mx?
I know that I will certainly want two class's of Vintage on the MX250. And I would really like to race 2 class's again in Post Vintage on the 84 YZ. But that makes 5 class's (10 motos) total.
It will be costly, and so busy that it makes the day less enjoyable. No time for screwing off and socializing.

Any thoughts?

We went back to last year's format, all Vintage HS and MX on Saturday, all PV and Non-Current HS and MX on Sunday

NQ1965

PR Elite
Caught the News last night, showed the storm front coming in later this afternoon may moisten things a bit. They were scrolling flash flood warnings for Athens county?

Work,work related Union business, and family requirements have kept us hopping till 11 o:clock every night this week. I even had to squeeze in a 5 mile run just to relieve some stress at 9:45 last night.

If your open....."We're Racing"! I need a fix.:eek:

ActionSports

PR Addict
LET'S GO RACING! We had a little bit of rain yesterday, and the track needed it. We haven't had any rain since 5:45 yesterday, and there is no more in the forecast. The track will be in great shape for today's racing, we'll see you here!
Action Sports Promotions