Battle race

stumpy823

PR Member
Just found out that for the battle races you need ama card and oma card. Double sanctioning I thought we were trying to make this sport better. If you were a new family to the sport and had 2 kids wanting to race this weekend each just one class and practice saturday you better take out second mortgage. $70 just in sactioning fees!!!!!!!!!

This is no different than when d11 or d12 operated. Its exactly the same. It was an AMA membership and a district card. And for those fees you didn't get race for AMA #1 State Championship plates. We are making it better.

Were you at my track Sunday? If so, you owe me $25.

The district was different they kept points for every race in area took photos and sent news letter out with write ups. And ama giving out a 4$ ama plate is worth the 50$. And jermey if you think i owe you 25$ you come talk to me about it

I think for what we are offering and how much time we put into these events, this shouldn't be a big deal. I mean alternative is that we don't do it, at all. Its not like the OMA is making profits here. We dump into the banquet.

Were you pitted with a 936 Yamaha next to a Kaw?

Im not saying you guys are making money im talking about new people to the sport jeremy if they were to show up this weekend with 2 new kids to race for weekend 70$ x2. For sanctioning fees. 25$x2 to practice 25$x2 to race. 60$. Camping. 40& gate fees and gas its a 600$ weekend. Im just saying we need to keep it cheap as possible foto make it grow And yes i was there all weekend that was my step sons bike that sat on stand all day because his bike broke sat.

i can agree there the banquet was pretty awesome, i left with a big smile, mepty beer bottles and also alot of goodies and trophies

This is not a cheap sport. Maybe the Battle for Ohio State Championships is not a place for new riders. Perhaps they should try an open practice, its much cheaper. It is only $10 to come watch. Maybe new people will come watch, and want to buy a bike and start riding.

Gotta start racing somewhere. I am just stating my concern for price. I promise you i will not be only one as you guys will find out sunday. No big deal to me as i have had my ama card for 25 years. My step sons we didnt renew this year because 50$ to do one ama race a year wasn't worth it we got oma cards at first chillitown race this uear. I will renew his ama card today and let him race this weekend because of his love for the sport. I will not race this weekend to save money. Which unfortunate for chillitown those guys have great facility and i never mind giving them my money. But ill spend the 50$ on his ama card instead of my race fees. Chillitown we will see you friday as always just sorry you guys are going this route.

The AMA had one day passes available at High Point this year for $20, kinda hoping they offer those for the battle race too. That way people won't be so concerned over the extra money.

Last edited:
The AMA had one day passes available at High Point this year for $5, kinda hoping they offer those for the battle race too. That way people won't be so concerned over the extra money.

Kids 11 and under are now $29, Family memberships (up to 5 members) are $98. There is a one day membership for $20, which you can upgrade to a full membership if you decide to change it within 60 days of the event by paying the remaining $29. So if you just plan to race one of the Battles, that would work, and then if you do well you can upgrade it and go to the next one.

Last edited:
I know this georgie I've been around this my whole life. Which is 40 years I think oma has a good thing going I dont think adding Ama back in is worth a 4$ number one state plate.

Those plates are worth more to me than a few dollars, maybe because I look at the older vets and realize this doesn't last forever. I want one of those plates before its over. Its like anything else, we try and if we fail we re-evaluate it, make changes if needed. I think this is definitely worth trying. I would rather try and fail, then sit on my hands and wonder what if.

I have both no problem I will have to buy one for my stepson as we were not going to renew his because not many good tracks other than oma in my area. But i had friends i've been pumping up to bring to this race that have not raced yet or for several years so when they go to sign up they will pay 70$ For sactioning

Ya, Im a goof. That was $20, not $5. Good thing you mentioned the upgrade, I didnt know I could do that. I fixed my last post so people dont get confused and start asking for the $5 lunch special :)

These battle races are being billed at more than your normal local race. Your going to pay a little more for an "event". The extra things the promoters are doing to make these huge races all cost money. In my opinion, they are really not races for a first time racer to show up at......just my opinion. Just like many first time riders would not show up at other "big" races.

Stumpy I understand what your saying, but if someone really wants to race a great event, they will pay it. How much have you paid to race the Daytona SX, rent a garage, etc etc. I know that's on another level, but relatively compared, the battle series is cheap.

I know a lot of people have had these three races marked on their calendars as must race events. Third year, and I am probably confident to say they have pumped more money than the other two combined into this years events.

Back