Battle race

Yeah I think everyone knows its a rule. I would imagine that McDade knew the rule too. Heck he went from a Kaw450 to a Yam250 not like he was fooling anyone is it? I have seen it happen at races over the years. Sometimes people you beat don't complain and sometimes they do. Guess its just who's ego gets bruised. Personally if someone wanted to switch bikes in a class I was in I wouldn't bitch. Spent the time and money to get to the races, may as well enjoy the competition. And yes Georgie is do realize its for some $$ and I have been a part of it happening in $$ classes in the past.

I never doubted it was a rule, in my "cant fix stupid" mode I forgot it was a pro race with purse money. So yeah, he should have been DQ'd. Like someone said earlier , part of MX is making sure your machine survives the day.

But for the rest of us just out to have fun after a plastic trophy for the day .. who really cares??

Agree with you both, personally I would not have protested because you beat me on a different color piece of plastic. But I also would not have done it myself knowing big money was on the line and your actions could affect someone else.
If people will jump into multiple practice sessions (which is against the rules and thus also cheating) then it is not surprising that someone would switch bikes not considering the ramifications for the other riders.

Quick quesion on the Rocky Mountain Cards everyone is posting about. I signed up for OMA and raced and didn't receive any Rocky Mountain Cards at all. Are they sent out later or were they supposed to be given day of the race? Thanks!

Sent the files today for Chillitown - You should have them 3-4 weeks and they will be in seperate mailings - 1 for membership and 1 for racing.

Speaking of preparing for Battle, I come home to these 5 large sawdust piles with a note, bringing another load next week! Thank you sawdust fairy!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 174
Speaking of preparing for Battle, I come home to these 5 large sawdust piles with a note, bringing another load next week! Thank you sawdust fairy!!

Lawnmowers working that in this weekend? ;)

That saw dust should work up the BC dirt pretty good. I think a little will go a long way.

Nope, he pushes it all in mega style... Kidding, but I am thinking the chisel plow and cultivator will be involved to some extent.

Also, don't need a roller to roll it in. Just have an ATV quad national run by the AMA. Problem solved and money saved. ;)

Does anybody have a solid reason at the amateur level why we are not allowed to switch bikes, other than because the rule says so?

What do we care if a racer blows an engine on his CRF 250F in the first moto and borrows his buddies KX 250F to race in the second moto?

Who likes to win by default or forfeit... show of hands!

Seriously. Remember going to a lot of trouble...switching plastics and all so no one knew it was a different bike. Also remember buying new PW50s during intermission. Cheaters. All of us!

Back