Battle race

He did not finish his 1st moto (which is # of riders in his class plus 5) and for the 2nd moto he rode a different bike, which is not permitted, so the ref gave him a DQ.

Last edited:
Anyone know why mcdade was scored 38 th in moto 1 and DQ in moto 2?

Like toer gal said, he rode his new yami 250 in the second moto, and got DQ'd, as far as first moto his throttle stuck twice and he pulled off to not risk injury week before lorettas

For future reference: He should not have been out there for the 2nd moto, it isn't permitted. You must ride the same bike in both motos... NO EXCEPTIONS. We spoke to the parties involved and all things are straight now.

In this situation, It doesn't matter if you just want to practice, or don't want to be scored or if your 100 year old grandmother is there to watch.. no, no, no!

Hey and here is an idea: If you see it happening - report it.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a solid reason at the amateur level why we are not allowed to switch bikes, other than because the rule says so?

What do we care if a racer blows an engine on his CRF 250F in the first moto and borrows his buddies KX 250F to race in the second moto?

Who likes to win by default or forfeit... show of hands!

Does anybody have a solid reason at the amateur level why we are not allowed to switch bikes, other than because the rule says so?

What do we care if a racer blows an engine on his CRF 250F in the first moto and borrows his buddies KX 250F to race in the second moto?

Who likes to win by default or forfeit... show of hands!

i dont get it either, we all pay the same to race, and heck, if i got beat by someone on a bike they are not "comfortable" on, that shows he/she is truly better and deserves to beat me

What about the guy who doesn't have access to another bike? I believe that part of competing also incorporates mechanical reliability.

What about the guy who doesn't have access to another bike? I believe that part of competing also incorporates mechanical reliability.

I would say at our local level who really cares?

And how many of us have actually never ridden another bike or finished up a moto for another person who didnt want to ride a last moto????

I've never done it in the 35 years I've been involved in this sport. If my bike breaks I'm done. That's the way it is. And I started out on Maicos, so remember the old "Maico Breako". Well, I spent countless hours at home working on my bike so it wouldn't break. Been like that ever since. The Maico taught me how to work on bikes, and keep breaks to a minimum. And though it still happens, it's not as often as some one who doesn't take care of things. On the other hand $h1t happens. Take it as C'est la vie, move on and try it again another weekend.

Everyone has right to there opinion regardless what anyone says. People can be upset about things but you don't basically tell them to f off. The customer has a right to speak. I heard more than 5-6 complaints while i was in line. But thats old news track handle everything well.

This thread isn't locked, people are being allowed to speak. Would you care to share the complaints? Unless its about membership cards, no need to share that.

I heard McDade only got the DQ because someone that he beat complained and it wasn't "automatic". Hell I got my ass kicked all weekend and never complained. :) well except to myself for being such a fatass!!

I heard McDade only got the DQ because someone that he beat complained and it wasn't "automatic". Hell I got my ass kicked all weekend and never complained. :) well except to myself for being such a fatass!!
Well. We're they not racing for money ?

I believe the reasoning behind the rule that you can't ride a different bike the second moto was born out of safety concerns, especially for everyone else in the class. Makes sence if you think about it and probably more so for the amateurs than the pros. Would you want or want your child to be on the line getting ready to blow into the first corner and race at 100% with people who are potentially on that bike for the first time. Have not had one lap of practice on a complely different bike, different suspension, different bars.

I always find it amusing when people are shocked by rules that have been in place for DECADES.

AMA Rules here:
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/racing/rules

BTW in case anyone is wondering, yes CRA has the same rule regarding using the same bike for each moto.
The frame that appears at the starting line for the rider’s first moto
of the day shall be deemed the qualified machine for that day’s race
meet, and shall be used by that rider for all other motos or final
events in that class for that day’s race meet.
Penalty - Disqualification for the day.

Back