Battle race

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Coors Light......drink it all night, and I feel fine in the morning! Beer of champions.

Word. Sounds like a good time all around. Poor planning on my part. Me not riding, but somehow I'd like to crash someones shnit Saturday night.... See you Sunday maybe from the spectator areas.

How's the track this morning? Seemed to be a lot of rain, but hopfully Ross county didn't get what it seemed Nashtucky got...

Last edited:

MX099

PR Addict
I was just down by the starting gate and I think I saw at least 4 guys walking around with cardboard signs that said where's Knox. What's that all about?

John250

PR Founding Father
HAHA! I went by Knox's truck a couple times today. Never did see him. I will believe he is racing, when I see him on the gate.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Didn't see Knox, but saw Chuck, Pit, Hershey, and a few others. 'Twas a decent day. Which I would have been racing to an extent. Track looked fun. Looks like weather may have affected the start time today a little... Next time.. ;)

John250

PR Founding Father
Track was rough and rutted for those that like it that way. Most of us passed on Saturday practice since it was a muddy mess early. Fast A class for sure. McDade was back in like 7th....and he is super fast. Gibson got the win.

shaker7

PR Member
just got home and kids in bed. excellent weekend! mother nature was not the most friendly on saturday, but a few good rounds of mud practice for little man. we were one of the last handful of races and packed up and out by 730. goal was to out of there by 830. but, we go to races hoping for full gates which means a full day. i still can't believe how full the place was. interested to hear a final racer count and gate admission count. Thanks Chillitown for another great family filled weekend! see you in the fall!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Yes, a lot of Coors Light was drank. No hangover. Im not a rookie at that drinking thing.
Thanks to Stumpy for the offer to ride. I would have loved to but not going to barrow someone ride and possible tear it up in muddy conditions. Maybe next time.
Didn't get to make a lot of rounds thru the pits due to my sons bike troubles and trying to fit them, but it was great to finally get the chance to put some faces with names.
Hershey, I still have those boots, If you want them for your little one, I will keep them and bring them to the next race.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Yes, a lot of Coors Light was drank. No hangover. Im not a rookie at that drinking thing.
Thanks to Stumpy for the offer to ride. I would have loved to but not going to barrow someone ride and possible tear it up in muddy conditions. Maybe next time.
Didn't get to make a lot of rounds thru the pits due to my sons bike troubles and trying to fit them, but it was great to finally get the chance to put some faces with names.
Hershey, I still have those boots, If you want them for your little one, I will keep them and bring them to the next race.

Must have been stumpy I saw on his bike.....ok reapply everything I took back....

ck1racerx

PR Addict
its to late. No givze backzees. It will happen. You may get lucky and have it happen at your track. Now that you could sell tickets for. Line the fences baby.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
IF you suit up for the Battle at BC, I will buy you a six pack of REAL beer. I might even let you operate the margarita machine during movie time.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Haha, yeah, wasn't able to look around the pits like I'd have liked to. Saw some familiar faces...said hi to a few. All looked good. Definately a lot of folks there yesterday. Would like to take a few laps around the track at some point this year...

stumpy823

PR Member
Knox anytime hell your not going to hurt that thing. Coors light was flowing well in our pits. My riding showed. Chillitown did great as always. Need to figure a way to run some racing sat. So not so late on sunday but great seeing full gates. Im going to try and make malvern. Cant make bc. Im getting married that sat. And will be on my way to cancun that sunday. I think all tracks should take note how to get A riders. Brings others. I could complain about some things about the series itself but ill let it go just make bigger and better

C Hudak

PR Addict
The racing was great while on the track, and watching the others. the program couldn't have run any better in my opinion with 620+ riders. The only thing possible to run a faster program would be to race some classes on Sat. Thanks for all the generosity this weekend Double D! The Mule rides around the track were much appreciated, as well as the pressure washer after we broke ours. The weather for me couldn't have been better, it was overcast almost all weekend with hardly any rain. Practice was a little muddy Sat, but the race Sunday was perfect. Hershey(Limbo CHAMP), think you will have that new YZ450 before Red Bud?

John250

PR Founding Father
One other thing about the battle. After watching the 30 plus moto........I would do away with 30 plus C. I believe a couple of the C guys even raced 40 plus. But do away with 30 plus C, and add 30 plus A. Run 30+ A and 30+B/C and that class structure makes much more sense for the battle rounds in my opinion.

I completely agree. The double sanctioning is bull. And what are you talking about? D12 never did that. It was straight AMA. What double sanctioning ever occurred at broken spokes, beans, crow, scenic???