Battle race

I completely agree. The double sanctioning is bull. And what are you talking about? D12 never did that. It was straight AMA. What double sanctioning ever occurred at broken spokes, beans, crow, scenic???

We are pretty much running AMA with some OMA thrown in there. This isn't much different than any other district model. So what exactly is Bull? Give me an example. In the real world you back up your argument with facts. Give examples, please.

Someone is just complaining. It is NO different than what we have done for years!! Oh yeah, except OMA just gave you $20 in RMATV Cash when you bought your card and signed up......$20 rebate!

We are pretty much running AMA with some OMA thrown in there. This isn't much different than any other district model. So what exactly is Bull? Give me an example. In the real world you back up your argument with facts. Give examples, please.
What is the point of running an AMA/OMA race? Why? It's on the Oma schedule. Should be an Oma race. pointless to double sanction... IN MY OPINION

But yes I realize you're doing almost more AMA than Oma. I don't even care that it's double sanctioned really because I have both cards. But I don't see the purpose for needing both associations together. One or the other

According to most of the people I spoke with over the weekend....

The real issue is that most District sactioning bodies will waive the district membership for a race such as this one. If I travel out of state to race a AMA sanctioned event (even if it is a Pro-AM points paying event) the promoter does not make the riders buy a district membership; only an AMA membership. If the rider lives within that district they are required to purchase a district card and AMA card but out of district riders are only required to purchase an AMA card.

I fielded a lot of questions on this over the course of the weekend and it was a touchy subject amongst a lot of riders and parents. If I am not mistaken there were only a few that decided not to race because of the extra fees and as far as I am concerned they are the ones that missed out on a top notch stellar weekend of racing and fun!

Im the one that started this thread and while i still disagree with the reasoning behind double sanctioning. I mean i could complain about if its ama sanctioning why arent we running ama class structure. But im over it raced and had a great weekend good job chillitown see u in october

Next thing you know folks will be complaining about with their two stroke, they have to buy gas AND oil to put in the gas dammit!! ;) If you ride/race MX, thinking the cost of an AMA card and a District card should be the last of your worries... Peanuts yo!...

I do get that to a degree, at the ATV nationals you don't buy a district card at those. However, with the bigger events your gate fees are a lot higher, you are there longer.

So what is the fate of the Battle does it stay a really big district/Ohio race or does it move forward and become a regional deal with multiple days higher fees and everything associated with big events?

Maybe we could take it to the AQ level and offer a discount for OMA members on something.....just random thoughts.

However if the fee structure is to remain as is, we will be keeping the membership requirement as this this series is an OMA series.

Oh you chose to leave it as is? Sounds good to me.

I was all over the pits never heard one person complain about double sanction just on pit racer is the bitching I've heard same 5 to 6 people if I was the oma pres I'd just give the money back

We do give the money back.....at the biggest damn banquet in Ohio! Lol.

Ok. I'm making the call now. It's sanctioned by the AMA, but it's an OMA series. We are producing the swag and the large majority of the OMA Battle for Ohio awards for year end banquet. The AMA is adding the state championship credibility and number 1 plates. All of the above costs money, that why both are involved. End of story on the having it AMA and OMA. If at some point we pursue this for the season this how it will operate, no different than d11 or d12 did. There is no reason to bring it up anymore. I will add a damn briarcliff fee to the last round for dealing with this kind of crap.

I'd tell all the ones complaining to leave if they don't like it...you'd loose 6 people and gain a positive thread. All good things. Democrats ruin everything!

Reactions: TBO
Back