Battle race

stumpy823

PR Member
Thats what your saying screw trying to bring in more familys to racing theese races are to big for new people thats not the way to premote our sport. Thats my 2 cents like I said we will see how well it goes over in sign up. 90 percent already have both memberships but some do not

John250

PR Founding Father
Guess I have both, does not matter. But it is really no different than we used to have to buy a district card. But this time they are going to get $10 back for the membership and $10 back for entry from the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC gift cards.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Guess I have both, does not matter. But it is really no different than we used to have to buy a district card. But this time they are going to get $10 back for the membership and $10 back for entry from the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC gift cards.

Yes we keep forgetting that. You basically get your $20 back through Rocky Mountain when you purchase an OMA card and enter a class. And for each race event there after when you enter at least one class or more, you get a $10 gift card per event. So if you do all three battles, you are getting $40 in Rocky Mountain bucks. And they can be combined. Run two more OMA races and your memberships are paid.........

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Well this will be my son's first race. We will be buying an AMA and OMA membership at the event. And I have no problem doing that BECAUSE I want my son's first race to have plenty of other things that he will remember forever. He is not going to win. Heck he my not beat anyone but he will remember all the other kids and all the fun that motocross has to offer. I think it's the perfect EVENT for a first race

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Yes we keep forgetting that. You basically get your $20 back through Rocky Mountain when you purchase an OMA card and enter a class. And for each race event there after when you enter at least one class or more, you get a $10 gift card per event. So if you do all three battles, you are getting $40 in Rocky Mountain bucks. And they can be combined. Run two more OMA races and your memberships are paid.........

The other thing that people forget is in order to get the things they want with big gates, nice awards, cool swag giveaways, etc we as promoters must meet certain criteria. Most of your manufacturers won't sign on as sponsors and give cool perks to a track unless they are AMA sanctioned. There are a lot of corporate partnering deals that go into planning a race of this size. Just like the factory contingencies from KTM, Honda and Suzuki, not one but two Pro-AM Points paying events or the deal with Rocky Mountain gift cards; do you think for one minute we could close a deal with these companies and not have the backing of AMA with the OMA operating in its second year. The OMA is still a very new organization and some companies want to know we are backed by a bigger organization before handing out big chunks of the pie.

Long story short, there is a lot more to it than just getting a $4 plate for your $50. We are working endless hours to bring the best racing with the best value for your dollar. We look forward to see you this weekend.

TowerGal

PR Founding Father
Thats what your saying screw trying to bring in more familys to racing theese races are to big for new people thats not the way to premote our sport. Thats my 2 cents like I said we will see how well it goes over in sign up. 90 percent already have both memberships but some do not

I realize that it may not make some people happy to buy both memberships, but there will be very few people who don't know that they have to purchase both an AMA and OMA. This race has been advertised from the beginning as needing both AMA and OMA and there are no exceptions.
Sign up will "go over" great and we will be a happy, friendly, and efficient staff that will assist anyone who needs memberships. See me, I will be happy to help you and explain the benefits of having both. :)

To be clear: The AMA Family pass is only available through the AMA office. If you purchase the AMA one event pass for $20 at the event, you would have to pay the additional $29 through the AMA office, if you decide to purchase the full membership.

Everyone has a right to their opinion about costs etc..but the majority on this forum is correct, this Battle for Ohio State Championship is going to be worth it!

Connie

mblair

PR Founding Father
I am so old that I NEVER had to buy another AMA card in my life. Been a member so long that I am a life member now, so it doesn't effect me but I do see where it would be expensive for a first race out.

Knox I am looking forward to seeing you and the boy this weekend. Will be awesome to see the lil guy have his first race experience. Heck that may be better than actually racing myself, seeing a new start!! Plus its worth the price of admission to see you running around the track :)! Look me up when you get there and we can pit together, be good to catch up!

stumpy823

PR Member
I said my peace i have both membersips. Not everybody will be able to do series to benefit having. Sorry i didnt see this advertised all year and neither did about 8 other people that I know we heard last weekend at briarcliff. Like I said it wont stop me from being there just speaking my opinion.

Vet261

PR Addict
If things go as planned I should make Knox and Blair feel like the "good ole days" by bringing out my '92 RM250 to race in two stroke class.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I am "kinda" working on a deal to barrow a 500 for the weekend. If that happens, look out. A fat guy on a 500 two-stroke. Chest protectors will be a must for anyone behind me.
I was going to post on here about having the track shortened for the 50 class. I will have a heart attack running all over that place.
Crazy Pee Wee parent in training. I cant wait.

mblair

PR Founding Father
We can split it up and each cover one end of the track Knox, that will keep you in good health.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I am "kinda" working on a deal to barrow a 500 for the weekend. If that happens, look out. A fat guy on a 500 two-stroke. Chest protectors will be a must for anyone behind me.
I was going to post on here about having the track shortened for the 50 class. I will have a heart attack running all over that place.
Crazy Pee Wee parent in training. I cant wait.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
CK1 you need some gear for the weekend?
I think I have some old gear packed back in the corner of the garage. Bust out the old tech 8's and a brain bucket and Im good. If I can get a bike I will ride in a pair of jorts and wife beater.
Clothes don't make the rider. The large belly does.

Thanks for the offer though