Changes coming to the LL Vet classes?

My god people, here we go again with the class structure. It used to be us debating about poor little Johny not going to get an award, now we are talking about grown adults not having a class to ride that they can win in. Why penalize the guy that has work his ass off to get to the top of the sport that he loves by not letting him ride an event after he is retired, they are not pro's any longer. If it is not Reynard it will be some other rider that has worked hard that wins on that day. If Dungy shows up Sunday at Briarcliff will we talk about how unfair it is to the other riders because they had to work 40 hours this week. Be proud that you made the show at Loretta's.

Sure sounds like you're the whiner here.
Let me get this straight, you want a specific class for "the slow old guys", but will call someone like me an insecure pussy because I voice one opinion that an amateur vet is an amateur vet be it A, B, or C, save for ex Professional license holders?

Have you heard me say anything other than if your an A rider ride A class? I am NOT A material, never was never will. I dont even know if your an A rider.

So no Im not the one with a problem. Im riding B class right where I belong and not complaining about it either.

Why does everyone keep going back to who works or not????

If you have the ability to ride A class then do it! My god people this is another C class thread. You A riders go ahead and move back to B class and the rest of us can move back to C.

All you A riders are a bunch of ....whinning ....attention seeking.... need a trophy that shows I beat a B/C class squid.....insecure....bunch of pussies!

No offense intended of course

Id give just about anything to have the talent to ride a bike fast enough to be considered A class material. The last thing I would do is move back and cry about getting beat by fellow A class riders. If you are worried about it imagine how the normal B/C group of guys trying to qualify against them......AND YOU feel about it.
LOL
Truth

Do I have to drive down to get it? or can you just mail it to me.
(I dont have to pay for postage do I?, that would be a rip off)

Sorry, I took a nap. Yes, UPS is a beautiful thing. We could even send a banner, a blow up d...reporter, and you could YouTube your podium speech.

Do you have to be 25 at the start of the year (Jan. 1) to race the LLAQ's for that class? I'll be 25 on june 4th, but all the quali's are over by then. Im hoping I can slide in early :) :)

I'm looking forward to riding a vet class, hoping it will give me a little more competition. You know, put me on the gate with someone wearing shoes like mine.

Have you heard me say anything other than if your an A rider ride A class? I am NOT A material, never was never will. I dont even know if your an A rider.

So no Im not the one with a problem. Im riding B class right where I belong and not complaining about it either.
Considering that there is only one vet B/C class, and NO specific vetA classes at LL, it sure sounds like the A guys are riding the classes they belong in, just as you are. What's up for debate are the former pros returning to little league.

Do you have to be 25 at the start of the year (Jan. 1) to race the LLAQ's for that class? I'll be 25 on june 4th, but all the quali's are over by then. Im hoping I can slide in early :) :)

I'm looking forward to riding a vet class, hoping it will give me a little more competition. You know, put me on the gate with someone wearing shoes like mine.

For the VET Age classes you must be the age of the class by the time of the NATIONAL. For example, my Bday is July 27th so I can always race all the AQ's and Regionals at a younger age. 2015 I will turn 45 on July 27th but I can race all the Area's and Regionals at 44 yrs old in the +45 class since I will be 45 by day one of the National event.

Long story short, YES you can race +25 next season.

The Jan 1 date stuff is for YOUTH classes.

Thanks John, well my day is over, that was my new thing I learned.

That has to be a LL specific rule right? I was thinking the other rule was for all amateur and youth for regular AMA races.

Reynard turned the fastest laps of the whole week in 35 plus. Faster than 250A, 450A and Pro Sport.

But not faster than 450B limited....Lorenzo Locurcio turned a 152.919 on lap 6 of moto 2.
RR's fastest lap was 153.420.

Plus, as anyone who has been to Loretta's can tell you; it is impossible to compare lap times as the track changes so much.
The third moto for 35 plus was the first moto after intermission on Friday...perfect track.

bruce

It is pretty freaking simple people. It is called the Loretta Lynn's AMATEUR National championship. Once a pro or A rider, always an A rider. Guys get old, but few lose their talent. Just get out of shape a bit. Sorry about your luck, but in my opinion, you became an A rider or Pro to make money. You are NO LONGER amateur. I have no problem with them racing at Loretta's. But it should be in a VET A class.

Daytona AMATUER SX, first three years had A riders in 40 plus. Barry Carsten, Earl May, Keith Johnson, Pedro Gonzales, etc were WAY faster per lap than the true AMATUERS in the VET classes. Daytona is run by MX Sports.....yeah, the same guys that run Loretta's. Guess what they changed after the 3rd year? The VET class structure starting in 2014. They need to just follow the same class structure they have at Daytona.

Vet 30+ B/C
Vet 35+ A
Vet 35 B/C
Vet 40 A
Vet 40 B/C
Vet 45 B/C
Masters 50+

They obviously realized they had an issue and changed to this structure in 2014. Or they just realized that they were missing out on an opportunity to make more money (Knox, surely this cant be true). Once again, the name of the event........The Ricky Charmichael, Daytona "AMATUER" Supercross. I don't see Pro in that title at all.

Once a pro or A rider, always an A rider. Guys get old, but few lose their talent. Just get out of shape a bit. Sorry about your luck, but in my opinion, you became an A rider or Pro to make money. You are NO LONGER amateur. I have no problem with them racing at Loretta's. But it should be in a VET A class.
There is a HUGE difference in Pro and local A riding. I'm 26, bumped myself up to the A class this year, got smoked in 2 events so far but I still feel this is where I belong. I sure as hell didn't become an A rider to make money lol and I am absolutely still an amatuer. My target LL class is +25.
It's your luck you should be sorry about, since you have to race against fast vet riders that are racing their respective classes. Heck I think the terms 'Veteran' and 'Master' shouldn't qualify you as an Amatuer more so than 'A'.
I can agree with ex pro card holders stretching the amatuer spectrum a bit, but the only difference between a local vet A, B, or C guy is just how you classify yourself. Vet C should only be classified as people with less than 2 years race experience.
These are amatuer NATIONALS. If you don't have the speed or desire to train your ass off to compete with the top 40 vets in the country, then it's simple, don't bother and race local. Or find a different big vet championship race with the class structure you'd like as others have mentioned.

What is so hard about the fact that A means A ? If you moved to A class that is great! Be proud and ride against other A riders if you try and go to LL. The debate is about making A class structures at LL. Currently B riders need to compete against A riders in everything above the 30 B/C class. That includes local level A riders AND ex pro riders. So you would have it that local level A riders race B class riders just so you can feel like you can compete against B riders? Why did you move to the A class then? Its all relative. As an A rider you are complaining you dont want to ride against the same people B/C riders are. Wow.....

Just for the record I only see a couple guys that are or used to be an "A" rider commenting. I would love to see a Vet A class at the local level but that is not a class that is provided most of the time. So I am just supposed to stay home and not race? I come to the track and sign up in the classes that I fit into and are offered. And as far as the whining goes it is coming from way more B/C riders. when it comes to LL maybe try anyone who has ever scored national points being separated out. In the past just getting a pro license didn't require any kind of qualifying. All you needed was a letter from your district and pay your money and it was done. Before that I am pretty sure you could even get a one day pro license for the local "A" riders that wanted to try qualifying. There will never be a way of separating classes that will satisfy everyone. Its just a fact of life most people would rather complain than deal with reality.

we don't need 30+ or 40+. The Grand Poobah has already ruled on this.
25+ A
25+
35+ A
35+
45+A
45+

And be done with it...
Yes I know, Its perfect.

Just for the record I only see a couple guys that are or used to be an "A" rider commenting. I would love to see a Vet A class at the local level but that is not a class that is provided most of the time. So I am just supposed to stay home and not race? I come to the track and sign up in the classes that I fit into and are offered. And as far as the whining goes it is coming from way more B/C riders. when it comes to LL maybe try anyone who has ever scored national points being separated out. In the past just getting a pro license didn't require any kind of qualifying. All you needed was a letter from your district and pay your money and it was done. Before that I am pretty sure you could even get a one day pro license for the local "A" riders that wanted to try qualifying. There will never be a way of separating classes that will satisfy everyone. Its just a fact of life most people would rather complain than deal with reality.

This is about LL ...... nothing else.

So you A riders are saying you dont want to try and go to LL riding against the ex pro riders only but its ok to ride against B riders?
Hershey is a sandbagger, he can ride 30 minute motos!

Im done..... Lol! Fork time!

Thanks John, well my day is over, that was my new thing I learned.

That has to be a LL specific rule right? I was thinking the other rule was for all amateur and youth for regular AMA races.

As far as I have experienced you can always race the age class whenever you turn that age during the season whether it be youth or vet. I believe it is specifically written into the LL Suplemental Rules just to make it clear since you have to race qualifiers.

Yup, right in the supplemental rules. Jan 1 for youth, First day of National for vet, just as pit said.

Which must be only LL specific, cause this year at HP am day I asked them and they said no I will have to wait until I turn 25 to sign up for +25. So I would have to race college.

How about OMA JO, can I race +25 next year at the beginning, or I have to wait until after my bday?

Back